2019-09-14 00:03:52 (edited by cartertemm 2020-06-03 22:09:12)

Hi all,
The purpose of this post is to act as a reminder, which will be made sticky and placed here for all to see.
The following projects are not to be encouraged, discussed or shared here.

These games and their leaked source code have generated far more drama than is reasonable. Rather than continuing to invite this level of confusion and heated debate, we as a team have elected to simply outlaw these games entirely until such time that the situation is no longer so controversial.

• Future Life

• The Killer

• Ultra Power, and all forks (including Constant Battle, etc)

• The Cosmos database and all muds utelizing it, e.g. Prometheus

Please note that this also extends to any other future forks using unauthorized source code.
If you are caught trying to distribute an unauthorized fork that is not listed here, or encouraging others to play such a game, there will be consequences.

We do not do this lightly, and we do not enjoy this sort of censorship. Please don't get the idea that we're going to start removing references to everything we don't like, or that we're cherry-picking on a personal level. We feel that at this point, our choice represents the best step for the forum and community.
This decision was made some time ago, and has been gradually updated from an original ban on The Killer to now include all unauthorized forks, but especially those using the aforementioned source code.
Breach of this blanket ban can and will be punished under the rules, but we will bear intent in mind when doing so. A casual offhand mention of one of these games is not grounds for a warning or ban, but solicitation, offers or requests to share its source code, or anything of the like is frowned upon and will be dealt with. Please do not stand in the way of the staff team doing its job.
Thank you.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven