2020-09-06 03:43:29

Hi,

I just played a demo of this upcoming title and I must say it is really amazing. This is basically a scrolling beat em up from the creators of REEDEMER and for now it is really playable Between levels you have something like a hub / your base where you can talk to npcs, choose weapons and stuff and this one is probably accessible too.

Interesting fact is when you can't walk any longer to the specific direction your footsteps stops so you know where you are. I'll try to describe the HUB for you soon to give you a look where everything is.
The game is in stereo and really, it is so interesting game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7390 … f_Shaolin/

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-09-06 15:58:01

Hi,
Yes I would love to know how to use the hub. I've tried the demo on the xbox but I don't know how to progress to the second stage once at the hub.

2020-09-06 16:15:08

Oh my god! That would be amazing! Finally something non-japanese and not about Japanese heroic deeds! If I only have the proof it is playable I am grabbing it no matter the price.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-09-06 16:23:12

I'm downloading it now.

Steme's a bit of a pain but it's got some good games.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-09-06 16:30:35 (edited by assault_freak 2020-09-06 16:31:22)

@lirin, thanks for posting this. Sounds like a cool one to check out!
Nuno, you are hilarious. lol See Odin Sphere topic about a game made in Japan but based on Norse mythology...

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-09-06 16:50:23

@Nuno... It's japanese/chinese sounding to me, I think it's cool but it's hard to hear the footsteps.

I'm still on the first level, I don't really know the controls.

I know space is jump, s w d and a are atacks of some kind.

I'm stuck on the arrow/throwing star enimies, is there way to get health in this game?

I also really like that you have to smash boxes/crates but I'm not sure what they're for.

2020-09-06 17:03:38

@6, chinese and Japanese designed games are very different... so best not put them in the same category. This one is definitely much more Chinese.. even if it sounds like all the actors doing the combat voice samples are not. But from what I'm hearing of it, it sounds fantastic. If only I had a pc good enough to run it..

2020-09-06 17:14:20

@assault_freak, AH ok. My pc only has 4 gigs of ram and is able to run the game with no problems.

Have you tried the demo on yours?

I'd recommend closing down youtube or anything like that, and turning off your screen reader but it should run ok.

2020-09-06 17:15:29

@assault_freak, what would you say the main differences between Chinese and Japanese games are?

2020-09-06 17:34:57

That is far too broad of a question... but in general of course it's story and character design, sound, themes, asthetics... there's far too much to put into one post. Just play a couple for yourself and find out. There are a decent handful of both chinese and japanese games all over this forum.

2020-09-06 17:48:00

I like sound designs as well as fighting.
I have a problem with reading controls in setting can you tell me where is pick button and dodge on keyboard or xbox controller.

2020-09-06 18:26:39

@assault_freak, I've mainly played japanese games because the chinese ones were to hard for me to set up but yeah, there's going to be differences between the two.

I'd also like a keyboard guide if possible.

2020-09-06 18:49:41 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2020-09-06 18:59:17)

Hi.

Well dang, that game is quite awesome I must Say. I completed that first stage and am now running through that hub screen.

I did some sort of training and talked to one of the masters who gave me a quest. Thing is, I don't really know how to progress here. That one merchand who is also a captain, I can't seam to interact with him, only pull up the change equipment screen. Or is this the part where the demo ends?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-09-06 19:13:09

This is definetly a Chinese game smile The names are Chinese.

I got to the hub but then got lost, I don't think I'll be playing this game anymore and won't be buying it but for those of you that do, it does seam fun.

I'd not call it a side scroller though, I don't know exactly what to call it, but you can walk up and down as well as left and right, I'm not sure if that's just in the hub though.

2020-09-06 19:35:36 (edited by Lirin 2020-09-06 19:47:09)

Main menu:
Resume
New game
Settings
how to play
creators
quit game

Settings:
Graphic settings
Audio settings
game settings
controlls
back

audio settings:
master volume
music volume
SFX volume
voice (default english left and right to change to russian)
Back

Controls:
Keyboard:
Arrow keys - movement
Strike - s
thrust - D
Deflect - w
dodge - space
kick - a
Pick up - e

Xbox controller:
Dodge - A
Thrust - B
Kick - X
Strike - Y
Pick up - RB
Reflect - LBTo use items use D-pad on your controller or from 1 to 4 on the keyboard

The hub:

You are starting at the beginning so go right just clicking A on the controller (no idea which key on the keyboard)
First guy will upgrade your stuff, second one will be for playing in coop, third will change your equipment and from there when you will go maximum to the right go SLIGHTLY down and right. There's a guy responsible for the next missions. When you will accept it with A button the door will open and move a bit to the right and go up  to load the mission.

Basically the hub looks like a small chamber in the shape of circle.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-09-06 19:36:48

@Brad: This is definitely a side scrolling game and like the most games from the genre moving up and down is just normal.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-09-06 19:43:58

Ah, thanks for the keys, I guess I will restart the thing and try picking stuff up.

Do you know how much the demo contains?

Greetings Moritz.

2020-09-06 19:46:32

@Simba: No idea how long that thing is, I just started and I am beating the third stage.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-09-06 22:17:43

Hi.

Ok, this is still to be taken with a grain of sault, but  think I found something out.

You know those enemys with the ranged attacks? I think they might be shooting arrows at you or something else. If you hit the deflect button the moment the arrow would strike you, you can deflect the attack back twards your opponent, killing him eventually. I found this out by accident and am not yet sure if this is really what this is doing.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-09-06 22:23:42

@Siimba: Yes, this is exactly what you need to do of course you can get there and kill them in the other way but this is what deflect is for.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-09-06 22:27:10

@everyone: Remember guys, this Hub area is really small and if you for example hold right and your character will walk and walk without stopping that means you are just going around this chamber. Finding the NPCs is not that hard when you will spam A button with OCR when you will activate something you will know what is happening and where you are.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-09-06 22:30:04

So, I think I just completed the demo, last mission description was to free the village and now I have this guy standing here that tells me that the adventure continues in the full version, so, I think I'm through.

What I would wish to see is that the items you could pick up have some sort of indication you can pick them up.

Regarding the game, I really love this thing. nice and easy controls, the sounds are awesome and the dialogue is trashy and whappet as it has to be xD.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-09-06 22:36:59

@Simba: yes, you've completed the demo! Actually the game is really well designed and I wish I could contact the devs for some (small) improvements.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-09-07 00:52:57

any idea where should I go after the chi training? it says I can return but I am not sure how. try to beat the guy but I guess he is there for further self practice. sorry for the question btw, I am not so use with exploration with mainstream game.
Also what's our main character wielding? it does sounds like that fighting stick thingy, tonfa? or he is just punching? but the sounds are too bloody for a punch though.

2020-09-07 04:56:51 (edited by brad 2020-09-07 07:13:11)

@Lirin, that's interesting, I'm used to a sidescroller meaning you can only go left and right, like in audiogames.