2022-01-28 07:41:15 (edited by JasonBlaze 2022-01-28 07:42:57)

sorry, not so sure of the upgrade screen myself, but I think the menu is on a table-like order. you could OCR to see what the upgrade that you are currently on. and to upgrade you just have to press the confirm button, x on playstation probably. you need to gather EXP first though.

2022-01-28 16:13:21 (edited by Graeme 2022-01-28 16:17:49)

In the base, each menu for different things is accessed by talking to the different characters. The upgrades menu is accessed by talking to the second character going left from the main doors. This is a man sitting sharpening a spear with a weapons rack next to him. Pressing 'A' on your controller, or 'X' if using a DS4 enters the upgrades menu.

The first screen shows 3 boxes. The top box is your current weapon, pressing 'A' enters a menu allowing you to select any other weapons you have unlocked. Some weapons are more useful for different levels so you might want to swap between missions.

The second (middle) box shows what item you have currently equipped that provides bonuses.

The third (bottom) box shows what boots you are currently wearing.

You unlock upgrades by completing missions, I can't remember if you have to earn coins to buy each upgrade, been a while since I played it.

Pressing 'A' on each box enters the selection menu.

Weapons Menu, weapons are from top to bottom:
Oak Pole: A basic pole with a red ribbon at one end. Critical hits stun enemies
Forest Rage: A chan dao or monk spade, has a large flat curved blade at one end, a crescent shaped blade at the other. Using Qi restores health.
Fisherman's Pole: A basic bamboo staff. Attack speed increases as the combo counter increases (25% max)
Singed Dragon: Staff with a large curved blade at one end, the inside of the blade has a jagged edge. Typhoon and Rockfall inflict additional fire damage on enemies and surrounding foes
Staff Of Abbott Shuo: Plain wooden shaft with ornate iron shod ends. Casting each seal inflicts 10 points of damage to the enemy. Seal creation +25%
Jade Cliff: Wooden shaft with jade crystal blades at each end. Ghost Aura. Every killed enemy recovers Qi within the aura radius. Ghosts are always corporeal. This is the weapon to use if you're struggling fighting ghosts or spirits.
Jingu Bang: Red and gold staff, each end is shaped like a fist. Increases the strike distance of all staffs by a third
Swamp Claw: A basic spear with red tassels hanging from it. Loaded thrusts poison enemy
Icy Ruin: A navy blue shaft with a curved steel blade at one end. Slows down enemies by 5% per strike (35% max)
Three Steel Widows: A wooden shaft ending in a straight steel blade. Two more blades extend from the blade at 90 degrees to form a cross shape, giving the weapon it's name. Critical hits inflict bleeding.

Items Menu:
18 Arhats: A golden bead necklace. Increases the maximum quantity of Qi by 1.
36 Shaolin Beads: A thick beaded bracelet. Successful parries and received damage regenerate Qi.
108 Passions: A beaded necklace. Passive energy regeneration.
Black Rhino Vambraces: Ornate bracers. Defence + 20%. Additionally, damage is reduced by 20% when attempting to parry powerful attacks.

Boots Menu:
Monk Shoes: Plain yellow shoes. Kick and Gust inflict 20% damage. Dodge inflicts 25% damage.
Sandals Of Nimble Zhe: Plain brown sandals. Increases run and jump speed.
Black Rhino Vambraces: Ornate greaves. Defense + 20%. Dodge, Kick and Burst deflect projectiles.
Golden Putees: Grey boots with golden criss-crossed lacing. Dodge is replaced by Power Dash, which passes through any enemy and bestows invincibility.

Press 'A' to make your selection then go to the bottom of each menu to go back to previous menu showing the 3 items you have equipped, go  to the bottom and press 'A' again to save your selection and exit.

Alternatively, once you make your selection pressing 'A' you can exit to previous menu by pressing 'B' and then 'B' again to leave the upgrades menu.

2022-01-28 17:17:04

@77 thanks! Any chance you can give a brief explanation for all the other characters as well? I'd appreciate that sooo much. Understand if that isn't possible though. Thanks!

Discord: clemchowder633

2022-01-28 19:55:37

@78 Not a problem.

Ok Here goes . . . .

I turned the music off to listen to the player's footsteps.
When You first enter the Hub area you stand in front of the double doors, these open when a mission is selected. Going clockwise moving right, about 2 footsteps running, the first character is Zongfei who teaches you fighting techniques. At certain times you can access your skill tree menus to choose new moves as you level up.
The next character, about 3 running footsteps from Zongfei is unnamed but pressing 'A' opens the Co-op Mode Menu.
Keep going about 2 running footsteps and just before you reach 2 monks sparring with fists, there is a set of stairs under a lamp. Small statues are arranged on them, here you can access secrets you've unlocked in the Secrets Menu.
If you keep going right but suddenly stop, the 2 monks sparring are blocking you, move down slightly and keep going. About 6 running footsteps further is the weapons smith, he allows access to weapons, items and boots upgrades as I described previously.
Running 6 more footsteps further will bring you to Xuanpai the strategist. He is stood over a table looking at a large map stretched out over it. Pressing 'A' enters the quest selection menu. Running 2 more steps right takes you back to the main doors.

Keep in mind that the hub area is circular so as you move right, you'll occasionally need to move slightly down as well.

2022-01-28 20:40:58

@Graeme, thank you! have you beat the game without sighted  assistant? I can't pass the boss on the windmill

2022-01-28 21:06:45

@JasonBlaze, no I'm sighted, but yes I've beaten the game. If I can help in any way let me know.

2022-01-28 22:08:02

I remember playing this and was stuck on a level with rain that drowned out the footsteps massively and I couldn't progress. Anyone get passed that part?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-01-29 01:07:07

yeah, I did. rain with thunder and stuff, right?

2022-01-29 01:34:52

yep, very loud rain and thunder.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-01-29 01:47:27 (edited by JLove 2022-01-29 01:49:49)

My question is, does anyone know if this can be modded on Steam the way we did with Hades?  If so, I wouldn't mind buying it and taking a look at possible mod development for accessibility improvements, even though fighting games as a rule aren't my cup of tea; I prefer games with an actual storyline to them, where the fighting is to achieve an actual goal.  I'd do it for others who seem to love this sort of thing, though, if it's possible.

2022-01-29 09:50:39

Be curious to know about the mod situation too. I'm currently playing on ps5, but would buy the steam version if this were possible.

2022-01-30 16:05:41

@Graeme: Wow. Thanks for those epic descriptions.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-01-30 23:03:44

picked this up on the ps5, graeme thankyou for all the tips....you received a few thumbs up from me

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2022-01-31 16:14:07

I have another question about the controls. For me it's a combination of mouse and keyboard. Would that change if I start the computer without a mouse?

At the moment i am struggling with the room with the monks. I think, the footsteps dont exactly stop on walls or something like that.

Has anyone tried to see if there is a configuration file somewhere that we can edit?

2022-02-01 05:22:12

Has anyone got through the game without any sighted help?

2022-02-04 12:12:41

Ok, I'm going to assume that the silence re my question as to modding capability means that it's not possible.

2022-02-04 21:26:03

That, or noone has ever tried it. A quick google search turned up at least one mod which replaces Wei Cheng with CJ from one of the GTA games.

Did anyone manage to get through the second mission? I'm at the point where I have to run through what seems to be grinders of cutting blades of some sort, and it seems like either those things or enemies will kill me before I can get past all of them. It's too bad health items are so hard for us to find, as I think they'd be a huge help.

2022-02-05 03:39:09

Health items are hidden in crates at the top and bottom edges of the play area, you smash them open and then have to press RB to pick up, don't know why the game dev's didn't allow for auto-collect or make it an option. The area you're in is a saw mill, there's circular saws running back and forth that really sap your health. There's sets of horizontal blades and a set of vertical running blades. At some point I'll try and find a way to help you work out where they are.

2022-02-05 05:43:18

Yeah, I know about the crates. It's just a pain trying to locate them, especially because even if you break it open, you can potentially miss picking up the item.

2022-03-05 14:47:37

The game is currently 55% off on Steam, or 87% off on CD Keys.

Note, if you buy on CD Keys, the Steam code you receive will be in the form of an image.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2022-03-06 17:47:31 (edited by robjoy 2022-03-06 17:49:00)

Currently having fun defeating the first chapter boss. I am very close to defeating him.

So far, I think the game is playable, though I wish pickups and for example the heads on poles for the boss level had a sound. I am guessing that some of the pickups are coins, which you likely need to upgrade skills, since my skills menu does not play sounds when I try to move around.

Still, if I compare this to something like Shank where you have platforming as well, it's much, much better.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2022-03-07 19:57:11

Still on chapter 2, stuck in the saw mill. Can't avoid the blades and the amount of enemies onscreen at the same time. Litterally killing me. lol

2022-03-07 22:06:13

The sawmill was really hard. Wait, the boss is unbelievably hard

2022-03-07 23:31:58

still stuck on the boss, too. lol.

2022-03-08 00:20:50

You have to keep jumping away so you don’t get hit. Every time you get hit you take a lot of damage