2021-12-13 22:39:48

@ mmaslo:
Did that problem you've been having with your sister's computer and the errors ever get solved?

2021-12-13 23:46:29

Yes it did. it turned out to be something wrong with her computer. She actually has to replace it now. I think you so very much for all the help.

2021-12-14 05:54:42

@ mmaslo:
No problem. Always happy to help out. Glad you guys figured out what was wrong at least. Sucks that the whole computer has to be replaced though.

2021-12-14 07:34:07

Yes it was sad but fortunately she was able to get another one. Again thank you so much for your time and help

2021-12-14 09:23:04

@ mmaslo:
I figured out how to play this stuff so might as well help out right? Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to help. I can even help with hacks if you wanna try those out (there are some verry good gb and gbc hacks out there if you're interested).

2021-12-14 09:27:58

Thank you I sure will

2022-01-10 03:58:25

Hello everyone. what about updates?

2022-01-10 16:36:04

We still need a GBA emulator with lua scripting. The best option for now is that MGBA implemets it, which has been on the aggenda for quite some time now.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2022-01-10 18:07:25

where can i read about it

2022-01-11 02:41:55 (edited by TheRealAmethyst 2022-01-11 02:44:02)

it hasn't started development as far as I know. I'm activly checking the github as well as discord.

2022-01-11 03:17:57

I do not understand. what should I do, wait for an update, or download some other thing

2022-01-11 09:29:39

if you wanna play GBA games you will have to wait, any GB and GBC game should be fine with the pokemon access scripts

2022-01-12 22:36:23

Hi,

Regarding updates:
I know I said some time ago I'd post a small update. It's bein worked on, I'm fixing several mini bugs.

Regarding support for GBA games and more recent consoles that's right, our best hope is mGBA with LuaJIT interpreter. However, the main developer has been delaying this feature for more than a year now, and its development ahs not even started.
In fact, this last week I've been trying to port the Pokémon Access script to the BizHawk emulator, which has support from GB/GBC until Nintendo DS, but the lua functionality of this emulator is restricted and doesn't allow to load external modules.

2022-01-12 22:56:06

Does anyone happen to know why the pathfinder sometimes locks up the entire game? This can happen with any gen1 or gen2 game, but personally it seems to happen most in Red, Blue, and crystal of all things. It loops a very small section of game audio and eventually just stops  playing anything at all.  It sounds very similar to what happens if you get an unknown opcode in r/b/y, but in every game. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or only happening to me, but it makes traveling more than a few steps without constantly savestating almost impossible with the pathfinder. Any help would be appreciated

2022-01-13 01:21:39

@ 889:
I unfortunately can't help you with pathfinder. I can recommend something that works well (I think better) though. YOu could use the camera functions instead.

By pressing d and f on your keyboard, it lets you go through various objects/people on the screen and even some (not all but most) of the buildings as well. It also tells you how to get to them. I don't remember if red, blue, and yellow have this but I know gold silver and crystal have it for sure. This makes it easier to navigate in my oppinion and though pathfinder is being a problem, should be a solution for navigation for now if you can get it working right (it works fine most of the time but you may occasionally need to restart your computer or vba if it stops working).

Also, with the pathfinder issue you mentioned, were you using it with a base game of r/b/y or crystal? I like to play hack games a lot and have noticed that the pathfinder doesn't always work right with them, so that's why I'm asking, cause if you're using a hack game, it could actually be a separate issue entirely.

2022-01-13 01:58:39

Hi all,
Now I have to write here again. If an update for gb and gbc is released, is it at last possible to play the games in german as well? It really is frustrating that several languages are supported but my language isn't. I would be so happy to play the games in my language.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2022-01-13 02:18:15

@890, I was just testing on a base copy of red with the same issue. However, don't d and f just center the camera and move it to the right respectively? that is what is seems to do for me, but i'm not sure if I'm on an older version or something.

2022-01-13 04:44:40

I only have two problems with these games, music for headaches, and the text is split into many messages.

2022-01-13 08:30:44

well, play or see GTA 1 and 2 gameplays for gameboy color, and then the songs will give you a headache.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2022-01-13 10:15:38 (edited by Redsneasel12 2022-01-13 10:32:59)

@ 892:
What the camera does is move the camera and then it tells you where to go. I just tried it on the base game of red. I press f and it says that there are two places to go: red's house (the stairs to go down) and pc. It says the number of steps to go to get there too.

This is just an example from when you start the game and after you do the little introduction from Prof. Oak and then choose your character name and rival's name, but it shows how the camera works overall. If you do this in any part of the game, it should work the same way and tell you various objects (and people if they're there too) and how to get to them.

The camera almost always works with base games but sometimes is a bit screwy with hacks. If you find a hack game where the pathfinder isn't working and neither is the camera, I would probably not play it if I were you unless you have a sighted person to help you out. It's possible to play them like that, but very difficult.

2022-01-13 10:27:05

@ 893:
I know what you mean about the headaches. You can turn the music down if you go into the options menu though and then find audio and turn it down. You'll have a few different settings and wanna try each one out to see what's better for you ( this is for vba).

For turning the game music down (or making it slightly less bad) otherwise, you can change the music from mono to stereo which might help too. You find this under the game menu of whichever game you're playing and go to the game menu and find options and then find sound and change it to stereo by pressing the right arrow key. I don't think that gb games have this, but for gold, silver, and crystal, you can definitely change from mono to stereo and it makes things a bit less bad.

As for the text being split a lot ... If you play a gbc game (gold, silver, crystal or any of their hack games) and you turn the text speed to fast, you should be fine there. You can find the text speed bit under options in the game itself in the menu where you find pokedex, pokemon, pack, etc. and it's at the bottom. For red, blue, and yellow, there's really not much that can be done about the text splitting there since they didn't really have that feature yet.

In conclusion:
For fixing the splitting up of the text, go to the start menu (press enter key to find it,) then go down until you find options and then change text speed to fast. For fixing the sound being too loud, you have two options.
1. go to the options menu in vba and find audio, then change it through that.
2. in the start menu of whichever game you're playing (as long as it's a gbc game,) go back to options and then change the sound from mono to stereo.
That's the best I can do to help.

2022-01-13 12:38:38

I thought pressing f moved the camera to the right, not told you where to go.

2022-01-13 13:48:42

sightlessgamer wrote:

Does anyone happen to know why the pathfinder sometimes locks up the entire game? This can happen with any gen1 or gen2 game, but personally it seems to happen most in Red, Blue, and crystal of all things. It loops a very small section of game audio and eventually just stops  playing anything at all.  It sounds very similar to what happens if you get an unknown opcode in r/b/y, but in every game. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or only happening to me, but it makes traveling more than a few steps without constantly savestating almost impossible with the pathfinder. Any help would be appreciated

Can you give more details about this? Game version and language, when does it happen, what keys of the script you were using... It's strange because I tried the pathfinder in all supported games and this bug never occured.

janagirl wrote:

Hi all,
Now I have to write here again. If an update for gb and gbc is released, is it at last possible to play the games in german as well? It really is frustrating that several languages are supported but my language isn't. I would be so happy to play the games in my language.

The games with this script are only playable in languages that the script is translated into. I can only guarantee support for English and Spanish updates, however new translations are always welcome.

2022-01-13 15:44:52

@ 897:
I think it does both things---moves the camera and tells you where to go. For example, I just pressed f on a game and it said tree and then gave me directions to the tree. I don't know if it actually moves the camera (although I think it does) since I'm totally blind and can't see the screen.

Edit:
I checked the github and it does move the camera around. It just so happens that with the scripts, it actually tells you where an object is and how to get to it. Keep in mind it won't actually take you to an item/object, just tell you how to get to it.

2022-01-13 17:23:18 (edited by nuive 2022-01-13 17:27:03)

Redsneasel12 wrote:

@ 897:
I think it does both things---moves the camera and tells you where to go. For example, I just pressed f on a game and it said tree and then gave me directions to the tree. I don't know if it actually moves the camera (although I think it does) since I'm totally blind and can't see the screen.

Edit:
I checked the github and it does move the camera around. It just so happens that with the scripts, it actually tells you where an object is and how to get to it. Keep in mind it won't actually take you to an item/object, just tell you how to get to it.

This is wrong. The keys to move the camera are D,F,E,S,C. D centers the camera to player position, the other keys move the camera around. To get the steps to reach the item you use the pathfinder (letter P).

Edit: I think you are talking about the J, K and L keys. They move through the objet list of the current map, but this is only a list created with the script, it doesn't move the camera. It only tells you, for example: Poké Ball: 3 left. Wich means that you have a Poké ball 3 steps to the left, but this doesn't mean you can reach the Poké Ball walking 3 steps to the left, because the object list only checks the object position relative to the player, it doesn't look if you have a wall or some trainer between the selected object and the player.