2022-01-13 19:06:21

@896, thanks. I changed the sound to stereo a long time ago, but I didn't know about the text speed

2022-01-14 02:59:31

@ 900:
I realize the keys are different and that there are more of them. What I trying to explain is that if you come into an issue where pathfinder isn't working, it's not the end of the world. Though the method I've described doesn't work with everything (mostly just using d to put the camera on your character and then using f to cycle through available objects,) it does get the job done most of the time. If you find you can't get to something, that usually means there's something in the way. It works for me, and isn't that complicated, so I thought I'd mention it here. I do still use pathfinder for finding say trees to cut or water to surf on, it's just not strictly necessary all the time.

The reason for this is that I've seen a lot of posts on here that mention pathfinder doesn't work and that they can't play after that. I was just trying to prove that that isn't true and that there is another option. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I apologize if I've made this confusing for anyone and to you Nuive for making this sound more complicated than it actually is. And thanks for clearing up the issue with the keys.

2022-01-14 03:01:28

@ 901:
No problem. There are lots of things you can change within the games themselves and vba and I just so happen to play around with that sort of thing a lot, so might as well mention it whenever someone has a problem I can help fix.

2022-01-14 19:10:46

As a kid, I played Red/blue/yellow, and then Gold/silver/crystal, and knew where to go by following walls and remembering what happened in the shows. I did get a little help from time to time like with uhh.. one of the gyms that has you using strength to move the boulders. I think it was the dragon gym?
Anyway. Can any of the newer ones be played like an actual game? Reading through the story line, replacing moves when your pokemon learn them, and reading through their stats? If so, how can a noob like me get this started

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2022-01-14 21:02:44

If your willing to use OCR and wall bumps you will have no problems playing the newer one's. I would say that you can play all the way up to sun and moon on the 3ds. Sword and shield on the switch should also work with this.
I recommend you buying the game you want to play, then looking up a guide on how to dump it so that you have the digital files, then you can get an emulator for your pc and load the game in there. Then you can use OCR,
I have played several games using this method

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2022-01-14 22:24:35

This is slightly off topic. In Pokemon Emerald, is their a way to use OCR or LION to read the level you have your Pokemon at? What I mean is from the status menu, it shows the Pokemon's level. Is it possible to make LION or OCR read that? It reads the story and even what happens in battle, it just doesn't read the level which is kinda annoying, since I like to keep my team evenly leveled. As an example, I had a Pokemon that I thaught was level 6 and it turned out to be level 2 because when it leveled up, it went up to 3.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2022-01-15 00:41:44

Only red, blue, yellow, crystal, gold, and silver are playable with this script, right?
How would I go about playing ... say, silver? Would I have to purchase the game first? Then what? Sorry. Total noob here. Anyone have any further instructions? Talk to me like I'm an idiot.
@905, I'd love to player some of the gen 3 and beyond games, but I'd also like to read through the storylines. Using OCR, you've managed to do all this and have an enjoyable experience?

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2022-01-15 01:02:37

Indeed I have. I just played through some gen 6 games and had a blast

2022-01-16 16:30:50

"gamulation:
I have to ask, which emulators would you recommend for best OCR results? VBA-m seems to work pretty well, although the input lag is such that anything other than turn based games is a no go.
Also for the ds games, I remember from playing them on original hardware the use of the screen to get to the main menu.  Do you or anyone you know have states to get past this or ways around it?  I miss playing those.

2022-01-17 22:10:23

I would suggest you use MGBA for games with low input lag, although the audio is a bit weird, and the dev are looking into it.
I have save states for a few pokémon games on the DS. I would suggest you use MelonDS for DS emulation. Citra for 3DS and Yuzu for Switch emulation

2022-01-31 23:13:22

Hello, everyone. I have some questions:
1, has anyone found any good guides for pokemon generation 2?
also, does anyone know if there has been any progress on other genrations (3 and later? I know there is some work to be done.
Have a wonderful day.

2022-02-01 03:09:53

Pokemon crystal clear 2.5.0 was released earlier this month. If you had working footsteps sounds in 2.4.0 then you should be pleased to know that they still work. This latest version adds new areas and events. Also for whatever reason, things stop reading when you use the simulation room at the indigo plateau during battle but will resume after so don't panic like I did, you just going to have to play the old way like we used to on gameboy.

For pokemon gen 2 guides, just look it up on gamefaqs. Just be aware that ice path is different for crystal than what it is for gold and silver.

2022-02-01 03:56:48

@ 912:
Good to know that there's another update for Crystal clear; it's been a while since I played it, but always enjoyable there. I'm one of the people who has never been able to get the footsteps sounds to work even with Nuive's codes for it so I was wondering if you could maybe offer a few tips for that?

2022-02-01 08:29:24

hi, i have a problem I have the latest version of Pokemon crystal clear and the latest version of the scripts. Wenn I get my starter nothing is read. the only thing that I can read is the options. any tips? greetings sebi2202

2022-02-01 15:41:15

@ 914:
Have you tried pressing t when you select your starter's name? If you do that, it should read out all your starter's data. Since you know how to get to the pokemon portion of the menu in the game, and then can select which pokemon you want to view, then just press t and it should read out everything. You can then press the arrow keys to change to the different portions of your pokemon's info.

Also, another thing to try out is to make sure you have the crystal clear script selected instead of the vanilla crystal script. It does change how the game plays with Nuive's stuff if you aren't running the correct script. I can explain how to do that if you have the wrong script going now.

instructions for changing scripts:
1. Load up Crystal clear.
2. Load up the lua file.
3. press shift plus h and it'll ask you for a folder for the script. type crystal_clear into the box there.
4. Choose the script language (type that in). For English type 'en' for Spanish I think it's 'sp' and for Italian I think it's 'it.'
5. Once you've done that, it hsould use the crystal clear and not the crystal script. Note: the vanilla crystal script is what it is set for default, so that's why i mention changing it.

2022-02-01 16:02:55

it do'es'nt work for me, it says that I need to select the folder, but when I'm writing crystal_clear it is not working.

meow meow.

2022-02-01 18:54:17 (edited by sebi2202 2022-02-01 20:11:18)

hi, I can't press t or shift plus h. nothing happens

2022-02-01 22:40:48

Hey hey!
Do the scripts actually work for a longer period of time now, or are there still problems with the wayfinder later on?

2022-02-01 23:15:46

Wow thingz got changed around a lot. I've been using the crystal access scripts, so when I jump over to the pokemon access scripts, I didnt find where to edit footstep functions to get them to work in crystal clear, hut the puzzles seem to be doable now. I wonder if the puzzles got fixed in the old scripts also because on that thread the latest version is 1.2 and the puzzles do not work.

2022-02-02 04:01:45

Hi! I have also problem on my end. I cannot do anything when i press shift h.

2022-02-02 11:54:44

Anyone know where to find crystal clear these days? It's super difficult to find now.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-02-02 13:04:55

I get it from the crystal clear discord. And someone managed to Google it and pull it off Google drive yesterday.

2022-02-02 13:45:06

I get it from gbahacks.com. Sorry guys, I know how to help with some things, but not others. If you're having issues getting the commands I mentioned to work, I can't help further sadly.

2022-02-02 15:25:16

I just wish I knew how to get the footstep sounds to work in crystal clear using the pokemon access scripts. Going to stick with pca for now and just use the other for the puzzles.

2022-02-02 17:56:45

Can someone help me with a small problem?
I'm playing with a different keyboard setting and somehow there are now two functions on the y key.
Can i somehow change the show_cordinate_shortcut in one of the lua files?