2021-11-01 14:51:51

@149, It's hosted by Nolan. It was started a few months back when all these issues with the current forum started getting worse, and it was also a way to help Discourse improve accessibility. It seems they have done that because last time I was there the site was much easier to navigate.

2021-11-01 15:21:53

It also stands to reason that we aren't really going anywhere without a fullproof database migration method if anything. Discourse features a pun-bb migration script, and even were it to be unstable, it would be better than nothing. We aren't losing the database though if we can help it, and if we up and leave it would count on someone checking to insure the autorenew isn't switched off a few years from now. If Klango taught us anything, admins up and leaving without an actual solid plan to turn the lights off only leads to disaster.

2021-12-07 13:05:33

Hi guys,

A seperate server has been setup to create an improved version of AudioGames.net with almost full access to the admins/developers. This took longer than anticipated due to Corona-related illnesses. We are - however - now waiting for a reply of said admins/developers.

Best regards,

Richard

2021-12-07 13:13:31

I almost jumped.

2021-12-07 13:14:05

:-)

2021-12-07 14:08:23

Better late than never, and I hope it goes well and that you guys are better.

2021-12-07 17:03:40

Welcome back.

2021-12-07 17:27:02

Congratulations everyone, now we dont have to go  anywhere!

2021-12-07 17:51:16

Hope you're feeling better and all was well

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-12-07 17:55:53

Hope everything's going well now! Thank you for this amazing news and I hope you have a great holiday season!

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-12-07 21:57:07

Welcome back Richard.

2021-12-07 23:43:22

Oh my. I hope everyone is recovering from their illnesses.

2021-12-08 01:45:13

that is amazing! good job to you all!

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-12-08 20:46:23 (edited by Cornettoking 2021-12-08 20:50:39)

Have to agree with @156, better late than never, but anyway, great news!!!
But still, I think you have a lot to answer for, many years of absence to be exact (and no, being busy doesn't explain the degree of absence you showed).
If you hate on me for this opinion, I don't care.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-12-09 08:19:30

Julian, I just want to ask something here. What, precisely, are you expecting here? I'd really like to know.

Okay, so the site owners have been hard to get hold of, and progress has been slow. Granted. There'll be no argument on that.
But there was just a post about the potential for a huge, huge upgrade. If you didn't catch it, the admin team - those of us who know how, and I'm not among them, BTW - will have a lot of back-end access they didn't have before. This is apt to mean that a lot of stuff that was just straight-up broken is going to get some love in the future. I can't say what and I can't say when, but this is taking a ton of responsibility off of Richard and Sander and putting it onto people who have openly professed both the desire and the ability to help out. I'd say that is definitely worth being happy about.

And you acknowledge this. Great. But in the very next breath, you imply that they "have a lot to answer for". Who are you, and why are you dictating the terms of anything to anyone? With all due respect, people in your position saying that other people have a lot to answer for come across really, really badly. The words "entitled" and "demanding" come to mind, and you make this impression worse by saying that you don't care if people don't like this opinion. Congratulations, I guess? you're making yourself look like a jerk.

I have a novel idea for you. Now that we have tangible progress being made, let's see what happens with it. If a whole bunch more time passes and nothing gets fixed, then okay, sure, have on. But in the meantime, you need to realize that, while this forum is a good place for a lot of reasons, and while it may be important to you, it is literally not anybody's lifeline or livelihood. This means that when things like Covid and real-world employment come up and cram a schedule to bursting, something's got go give. Thankfully, the first thing the site owners focused on was a change that is going to mean that if and when they fade away again, other people can do much of the work that still needs doing. Speaking for myself, at least, I'd greatly appreciate less negativity and less of an entitled attitude. You use this site at your leisure for free. Your presence is technically a privilege, and while we're happy to have you here and have no intention of driving you away, you need to realize that in a very real sense, the site and the people who run it owe you essentially nothing. Richard and Sander are not your employees, your children or your students. Please consider showing a little more respect going forward.
Note that this is not a warning or even a caution. It's just me in my capacity as a user telling you to maybe cool down the negativity a bit. We're all hoping this goes well, so let's see if our faith was justified or not.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-12-09 11:18:32 (edited by Cornettoking 2021-12-09 12:06:18)

@Jayde: Alright, I might have been a bit harsh. But here's the thing: I am, in fact, happy that there will be progress.
But the owners of this site have essentially disappeared for how  long? Several years?
You mention COVID: If they'd been absent during that time, I'd say okay, that's understandable.
But there have been issues before covid, long before covid, that the webmasters  were (as far as I know) contacted about and would have needed attention  (e.g. copyright issues).

As I said, my wording was probabbly too harsh, but my point still stands: If they had checked in "only" from time to time in the past years, I'd have said okay fine. But they were essentially gone for several years, as if they didn't care or forgot about this place. I am sorry if this is a misconception, but to me it looked like that.
I know and acknowledge that this forum was built in people's free time. But in my opinion, that shouldn't give you an apology for completely abandonning it for a long time.
And if they knew (and I guess they did) that they wouldn't be able to support this forum/website sufficiently, they should have either appointed webmasters who could support it or mke it so that admins could do necessary maintenance work. And as I said, issues weren't only technical ones, but also legal ones (such as the copyright debate) which could have gotten the site into trouble if left unchecked for long, and I think we all know what this lead to: a copyright rule that is at least slightly draconian in my opinion.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-12-09 17:50:26

Better late than never. This could be a very, very huge update.

73 Wj3u

2021-12-09 23:57:08

Julian, the copyright rule is nowhere near as draconian as it could be, IMO.
And look, I see your point. You're basically saying, "Okay, this is a great start, but I haven't forgotten the years of neglect". Again, it's fair enough. But that's why I led my last post by asking what you're after here. After all, the webmasters can't undo the past. They can't change it. All they can do is move forward and improve, and that's what they're doing. To my eye at least, that's really all you can expect. Either this is good enough for you, or it isn't. If it is, then just wait and see what happens, please. If it isn't, then I don't really know what to tell you.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-12-10 00:28:26

Agreed with Jayde here. I'm running a website too, and right now I'm in a similar position to the web masters. It's not easy doing this stuff.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-12-10 01:49:42

Eh, it is if you know how, which these guys do. And we're not talking ultra complicated stuff either here, see earlier posts in this topic. But I do agree with the sentiment that they can't undue what has been, and harping on about it is likely to do more harm than good at this point. Only time will tell if they follow through, and all we, the users and the other admins, can do is wait.

2022-01-04 21:23:47

juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

@Jayde: And that's basically the long and short of what I wanted to say. @170 is probabbly right about not going on too much about how the site was neglected for several years (unless they don't follow through), we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry your post (171) got deleted by mistake, Juliantheaudiogamer. Posts 172 through 181 have been deleted and moved to another topic to preserve the dignity of this thread so the webmasters didn't have this to sift through, and in the process your post got deleted by mistake. This post serves as a backup of your post.

2022-01-15 23:33:15 (edited by mhr91358 2022-01-16 01:16:51)

i have a question but was unsure where to ask, is the news section forgotten, i haven't seen the updates there lately
i wish i could change the time zone by which posts appear so that posts can appear with my time zone

You can find me on Mastodon, @[email protected], you can E-Mail and Skype me, [email protected], Discord me: muhammad_hussam. Telegram me: mhr_musician. Steam me: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 … 8855/home/

2022-01-15 23:51:40

You can change the time zone in your profile settings. Click on profile at the top, then settings, and there is a time zone combo box. As for there being no updates to the news section, there is an ongoing topic talking about that.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4346 … is-silent/

2022-02-13 21:30:13

Is there any update on this? Things have been silent for quite a while now.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-02-14 05:41:20

@ethin:
here now the news