2021-06-17 14:07:35 (edited by Warcat 2021-06-27 17:19:36)

Hi. I found a game on Applevis called Swordy quest.
It is an rpg with more elements, such as crafting, gathering, hunting etc. All these actions give you exp that let you level up.
There are two things that aren't fully accessible yet: The map and the sneaking part before a battle. The most inaccessible screen is the map, because you can't really locate your char and you can't really move, except when you find the very small buttons that let you move. these four directional buttons are cramped in between the different map tiles, so it is quite hard right now to use this screen.
I've written to the dev about this and he said that he will, hopefully, have a fix for the map in an update or two. He said that the map code is a "nightmare".
If you want to try it, download the game:
https://apps.apple.com/at/app/swordy-qu … 1446641513
To contact the dev:
[email protected]
Have fun playing.

Edit: The game got a massive update recently and now, the game seems to be fully accessible. Haven't checked everything out because I haven't unlocked all of the features yet.

2021-06-17 23:19:07

I started playing but unless the map gets fixed, I can’t get any further. It says to go to a nearby farm. I figured how to move in general cardinal directions but can’t find a way to get to a farm. Any tips?

2021-06-18 12:10:59

ide love to play but i think liek just about everyont elese i will be waight for the map update

2021-06-18 12:39:03

i will also wait for the map update. I somehow managed to get to the farm and buy a mount, but then i am very frustrated because i can't really use the map to travel to my next destination.

2021-06-18 12:45:44

Yeah the map lags out my entire phone...

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-06-18 18:57:17 (edited by jescat277 2021-06-18 18:57:42)

TO the person that found the farm, what directions did you go. I can't even tell where I am

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-06-18 19:07:23

i can't remember. I honestly even don't know if everyone starts in the same location. The map is so laggy on the phone that i don't even remember where the farm is. I know that my char ws in the lower right when i opened the map first, but that probably doesn't help much.

2021-06-18 19:25:27

If I knew how wide the map was, or my location was marked, I might be able to do it, maybe.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-06-18 21:12:49

There is a clan macanic in this game, and I would like to create one, or join one. I think that we should make a big clan, so that certain actions like battling and gathering are easier. I would need to connect people through game center though. If anyone wants to do this post, or pm me.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-06-22 07:11:35

How to find the lake from the farm there was an update yesterday, the game is a lot more accessible now however the map is still a bit lagy.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2021-06-22 14:04:48

yeah. the map is still a bit laggy, but it is way better than in the previous version. You can swipe up or left with three fingers, so you can see more of the map. Make sure you press the "travel" action. the screen looks the same as in the "map" tab, but the travel screen also adds the four directions you can travel to.

2021-06-22 14:41:05 (edited by hannes 2021-06-22 15:24:18)

Any idea where the lake is in relation to the farm?Never mind i found it thanks

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2021-06-22 17:16:18

hey everyone, here's a message from the developer in the facebook group of the game, the update to the map should be coming in a few days, which will change the direction buttons to tapping where you want to go, it's improving in every possible way!
Hi Everyone.  Some of our visually impaired players have been asking locations of different places on the map.  Here is a list of significant locations on the main map (let me know if you want me to do the same for the secondary map).  I will be adding this into the game but for now this should help hopefully.  Avalon is the first section of the game, then Barncombe, then Clearburn and so on (going alphabetically).  South means vertical position, east means horizontal position:

Avalon Farm South 7 East 9
Avalon Shrine South 15 East 13
Avalon Village South 12 East 13
Barncombe Port South 19 East 17
Barncombe Shrine South 21 East 17
Barncombe Village South 21 East 13
Clearburn Shrine South 22 East 29
Clearburn Tower South 22 East 26
Clearburn Village South 21 East 23
Damerel Farm South 13 East 41
Damerel Port South 16 East 42
Damerel Shrine South 9 East 36
Damerel Tower South 7 East 42
Damerel Village South 12 East 38
Everwarn Farm South 35 East 25
Everwarn Port South 32 East 34 Everwarn Portal South 38 East 10
Everwarn Shrine South 38 East 30
Everwarn Tower South 38 East 38
Everwarn Village South 40 East 24

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2021-06-22 22:43:45

I’m so glad to see developers taking notice of blind people writing about the promising accessibility of their Products. I only wish that the developer of this game called my starship would do the same. That’s a game that is very much like star traders, and it is accessible with everything except for leaving orbit. and therefore, it is completely unplayable for the blind. The other games made by the developer of that game are even more accessible, his RPGs are all completely playable, except for the inventory screen. I have left review after review of all of his games that I have played saying the same thing, that accessibility holds much promise, but I have heard and seen no changes. however, it does seem like more often than not, developers are more than happy to accommodate us, and that’s a good sign.

2021-06-23 00:35:00

I'm to the point where I have to hunt for leather. How do I stealth stufff?

2021-06-23 04:07:32

You need to tap on the haptic queue i believe.

regards
Hannes Fouche

2021-06-23 11:15:24

i am intrested in this game but it needs an accessable  map and also one that dosent lag   because a laggy map is nothing if not frustrating

2021-06-23 12:53:30

Okay, giving this one a try.
The sneaking could actually be fun if it was a little easier, but even with timing the vibrations, my success rate is about one in five, same goes for shooting when I get close, so I hope there's a fix here.

My more major issue, is I really wish you could find out what resources you get when you gather from something, since at the moment, you just have to sort of vacuum in everything and hope you get what you need to craft the items you want.

Oh well, next thing to build is the map, so we'll see how that works.
The game does indeed look good though, and I suspect would only take a few fixes to illiminate those niggles, so I'd definitely advise anyone interested to give this one a go.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-23 13:16:39

you can find out what you're gathering by going to
more > player journal
In there you can see the things you'll get from hunting and gathering, and you can also see the stamina your actions used.

2021-06-23 14:49:37

@Warcat, thanks for that.

I've now unlocked the map, and wow, travelling is rather laggy! It also is severely heating up my phone, so I really hope there's more of a fix for this incoming.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-23 15:24:57

just letting you guys know, I found a way around hunting. directly attacking imps in the bushes is hard because they run away if you mess up. Though it is a tougher, though still very manageable fight, try rocks instead and you'll find goblins. They are tougher but still beatable and if you fail to sneak up on them, they will simply attack you and you don't have to worry about them running away. Trees on the first area though, contain tree orcs which are pretty tough so I would stay away from those for a bit. I don't know what streams or shallows have in them.

2021-06-23 15:30:15 (edited by Dark 2021-06-23 15:37:09)

Okay, until the map gets a fix, finding this lake is not going to be possible I think.
Its waaay too laggy to look through the map square by square. actually, its sort of odd that you get announcements when swiping, albeit very laggy ones, and not when touching the screen, which would be the best way to explore the map, and make use of mounts.

I found the farm using the above location list and the travel buttons, but it seems you actually do need to interact with the map to look up different tiles relative to your position, which at the moment is pretty painful. Hopefully the devs will fix it soon, and since there's going to be lots of looking around the map, I suspect this is something which is going to need to be sorted for the game to become truly accessible.

2021-06-24 17:51:10

hey everyone!
hele's the update released today fixing all issues with the map with even more great stuff as a bonus.
it's the perfect time to start playing! i'll put the changelog below, but i'd like to ask you to add me to your clan.
my email is:
[email protected]
Versão 4.1, Há 15 h, RELEASE GOAL: The main aim of this release was to fix the Map once & for all VoiceOver users... and I think we succeeded!      FEATURES: * Map travel now involves clicking on a destination rather than using the cursor ACCESSIBILITY: * Map no longer lags when VoiceOver is turned on * Fishes can now be caught using VoiceOver * Added accessibility announcements on the validity of each selected map location, informing whether a square can be travelled to or not. * Added key locations page at top left of Map when VoiceOver is active. It provides all the key location coordinates on the map. * Announces player exact location on map every time the map view appears * If voiceover is on, the background of the map is a far lower resolution to help with Voiceover performance * Improved VoiceOver navigation for Scrolls & Spirit Guide Alerts * Improved inventory page VoiceOver generally * Popup no longer appears when VoiceOver is used on Map since it hid part of the map & its contents are already read out to Voiceover users * Returning to the homepage now tells you your location within the Realm and your latest high level task * Sound now plays if VoiceOver is active when sneak attack helping iPad users without vibration functionality * Updated absolute positioning on Map to read Vertical/Horizontal rather than South/East (to avoid confusion on direction needed to reach somewhere) * removed all 'Tower' VoiceOver references in game so only dealing with Castles now   USER INTERFACE: * Updated map section around Portals to improve look & feel USABILITY: * Travel can now be started directly from the Map tab reducing confusion between the Travel screen and the Map screen. They are now identical

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2021-06-25 00:17:14

Wow awesome fixes!

The game is definitely fully accessible now, and a fantastic job by the devs, heck, even the audio ducking with the music seems to work correctly.

I'm now making runes, finding shrines and building weapons so I'm less likely to get slaughtered big_smile.

My game centre name is  darktenor, and my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to join together for clan benefits', since some of those extra features sound nice.

2021-06-25 00:36:29

Wow awesome fixes!

The game is definitely fully accessible now, and a fantastic job by the devs, heck, even the audio ducking with the music seems to work correctly.

I'm now making runes, finding shrines and building weapons so I'm less likely to get slaughtered big_smile.

My game centre name is  darktenor, and my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to join together for clan benefits', since some of those extra features sound nice.