2021-07-03 18:54:13 (edited by Taurus Fan 2023-07-17 16:35:34)

Hello all!
I'm Taurus Fan from Austria and I have programed a train and bus simulation game, for which I need some beta testers.
Below you'll find a list of requirements.
Requirements:
- 1.5 gB space on your hard drive
- Intel processor (8th generation or newer) *
- at least 2 gB Ram, 4 are recomended
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 (couldn't test anything else)
- NVDA or JAWS 18 or newer (I couldn't test older versions)
- A SAPI 5 computer voice
- a good grasp of the English or German language for your feedback.
- Some intrest in trains and so on.
- Some experience with complex games like TubeSim or Eurofly 2 would be recomended.
* = not directly required but strongly recommended.
Note: The game is written in BGT, so there might appear some system warnings when opening the .exe file.

If you're interested or you have more questions, please send a reply in this topic or send me an e-mail at
(Address removed).
(delete the ( and ) after copying the adres into your mail.)

Edit (04. July 2021, 08:20, Europe time: I've gotten about 20 to 30 mails until now, so now I'll select about five to ten people to really test my game. But if you want to enjoy a bit of the game anyway, you can visit my youtube channel which is linked below at the "Website" button.

Edit: 08. July 2021, 20:00 Europe Time, I'm adding a small survey to determine a new name for this game because it's very confusing to have two TramSims flying around here.
Note, I'm reserving the right not to choose the most voted name. I don't think, I'll have to do it but I write it here anyway.

Edit: 18. July 2021, 09:45 Europe Time, the team has already been filled completely and everyone who applied should have received either a confirmation mail or a short apology by now. I'm sorry if anyone hasn't received such a mail, your adres must have slipped through somehow without me realizing.
But if I ever decide to expand the team further I'll keep your applications in mind.
But, for now, please only apply if you're really sure that you meet all the requirements stated above. Especially the language requirements for German or English.

Edit: 06. September 2022, 19:00 Europe time, I changed the title of the topic to reflect the fact that the bus simulation has been dropped for now due to personal and technical reasons.

Edit: 11. January 2023, I have removed my mail address due to receiving way to many mails from one or two people, who just can't wait for the release or pressure me to include them in the beta team.

Edit: 17. July 2023, I ask everyone not to ask about the release date of TWS anymore. It becomes rather annoying after the third time, especially since we'll inform you anyways as soon as the game will be released. Asking for a date just pushes the topic to the top of the new posts lists and everyone who's hoping for an update might be disappointed to simply read a request for a release date, which obveously can't be given. Feel free to ask other questions about the game though.
Oh and please keep in mind that the game will be free, so, ... I'd say that it's actually kind of rude to demand a release date for a game that'll be free anyway. I mean, I have a Patreon page for anyone who does want to support me but the game itself will be completely free for anyone wanting to play it.

I'm looking forward to your replies.

Cheers
Taurus Fan

2021-07-03 19:00:49

What is the OneDrive/MS. Office account used for? Sharing the installer?

My games: https://stormgames.wolfe.casa
Support my work on Ko-fi

2021-07-03 19:05:19

@1 The 8th gen processor requirement is invalit.
If the game is written in BGT it should run on a pentium3 without any issues so i'd remove that requirement.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2021-07-03 19:12:47

stormdragon2976 wrote:

What is the OneDrive/MS. Office account used for? Sharing the installer?

Exactly. I only have OneDrive and no Dropbox or a personal website.

2021-07-03 19:14:13

stasp wrote:

@1 The 8th gen processor requirement is invalit.
If the game is written in BGT it should run on a pentium3 without any issues so i'd remove that requirement.

Nice to know. It didn't run that well on my old laptop so I assumed that that was because of the size of the game and because of BGT.

2021-07-03 19:15:57

toto wrote:

hi
maybe your email is?
[email protected]
but not
maximilian.baier(@)hotmail.de.

Yes, as I wrote in the original post, you have to delete the ( and ) after posting the adres into your mail. I, for some reason, wasn't able to write the original adres without it becoming a maillink.
Sorry for the confusion.

2021-07-03 19:26:50

Bgt could run on windows xp and vesta, If I'm not mistaken, Also, I really don't think that you can let bgt use a 2GB memory space, Because as far as I remember bgt runtimes when that usidge is reached, I could be wrong, Though.

2021-07-03 19:30:32

wtf, 5 gigs? What is in this game lol.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-07-03 19:31:24

mohamed wrote:

Bgt could run on windows xp and vesta, If I'm not mistaken, Also, I really don't think that you can let bgt use a 2GB memory space, Because as far as I remember bgt runtimes when that usidge is reached, I could be wrong, Though.

Thanks for the information. I regretably only can tell you what I myself have realiced on my old and new laptop. So I don't have that much data.
Regards
Taurus Fan

2021-07-03 19:32:23

connor142 wrote:

wtf, 5 gigs? What is in this game lol.

About 6.500 different sound files for vehicles, routes, surroundings and so on.

2021-07-03 19:48:23

Considering BGT was discontinued years before 8TH gen CPU's were even a thing, I can confirm that requirement is invalid. You should probably put an * next to it, in case someone with an older CPU is scared off. I'm also on a 3RD gen I-7, and it runs any bgt game I throw at it, from STW to bloodstorm.

Nice that you deviated from the norms with this, eager to see if that 5GB of storage is worth it lol. Probably a record for largest BGT game. Ultrapower probably comes in next at like 1GB unzipped.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-07-03 19:49:39

Could I be a beta tester, I can send you my email if you need it.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-07-03 19:51:32

@Mohamed, not sure. I believe 4GB ram is the absolute max of BGT, and you also have to take into account the other stuff on your computer eating up the ram. With my daily BGT games opened, I probably used at most 3GB of ram, so, yeah. 2GB systems may have some difficulty.

TL:DR, its not the game eating up 4GB of ram, its the other things on your system that eats up the ram, leaving less room for the game to run

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-07-03 19:52:22

Damn, if he generates large maps, has a powerful AI system then it might be a thing. Please stop invalidating someone's statements while you haven't seen the game yourself.
Do I need to know so much about busses or trains to be a good tester of your game?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-07-03 20:11:06

i'd like to be a tester, email [email protected] if you need any more info

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2021-07-03 20:31:24

i also wouldnt mind testing this, [email protected] is the email you need if you need it

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-07-03 20:44:01

may I know what the game offers so far?

2021-07-03 20:45:01

I'd like to be a tester as well.
if you need any more info from me, my mail is
[email protected]

2021-07-03 20:50:56

Hey, I would also love to test this game, my email is:
dragosgrecianu2003 at gmail dot com

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-07-03 21:32:37

@Taurus Fan: Would you consider uploading the test file to something like:
https://transfer.sh
So that those of us without a one drive account can access it? If you do choose to use that site, there's a drag to upload, and a click to brows link right after that part. It is fully accessible.

Support my work on Ko-fi

2021-07-03 21:51:52

Can I also be a beta tester? My email: [email protected]

2021-07-03 22:36:02

stormdragon2976 wrote:

@Taurus Fan: Would you consider uploading the test file to something like:
https://transfer.sh
So that those of us without a one drive account can access it? If you do choose to use that site, there's a drag to upload, and a click to brows link right after that part. It is fully accessible.

Do you know what you need to registrate there? Or how much space there is for one person?
And, of course, does it cost anything?

2021-07-03 22:39:17

Hallo all!
I'm really surprised by the intrest I've generated with this post.
So now I'll simply use this post to answer some general questions.
First, if you want to be a beta tester and sent me your mail via the forum, I'll get back to you during the next few days because it's already quite late over here in Austria.
Second, you don't need to know that much about the vehicles because almost everything is explained in the included readme.txt file. But, of course, you should be intrested in trains and so on.
Again, thanks for the many replies.
Regards
Taurus Fan

2021-07-03 22:44:13

So is this Austria centric or can it be modded?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2021-07-04 01:27:56

Taurus Fan wrote:

Do you know what you need to registrate there? Or how much space there is for one person?
And, of course, does it cost anything?

No need to register, just start using. Linkx expire after 14 days by default but you can change it. I believe you can even password pretect them but I'm not sure about that part. There is a 14GB limit per file. It is free both as in beer and cost. You can even host your very own instance of the site if you wanted.

Support my work on Ko-fi