2021-07-06 09:04:25

rings2006 wrote:

do you have an estimated rlese date planed?

No, I do not have a release date planned. But I don't think that I'll be able to release it before September at the earliest. But we will see how much work there still is to do.

2021-07-08 19:29:01

@49, yes, the basic game is the same. But I've added many more functions and vehicles and so on.

2021-07-09 17:27:00

About names: I think the best would be "transport world", without the word "simulator" at the end.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-07-09 20:55:38

@54, sounds nice.
Nice signature by the way. Certainly true.

2021-07-09 20:59:44

hi maybe you can recording game?

2021-07-09 21:31:05

@56, there are already quite a lot of recordings on my Youtube channel which is linked as my website below.

2021-07-09 23:09:41

hello friend.
If is possible, I would love t
o try it!
thanks and congratulations!

2021-07-10 03:06:24

I'd have personally went with Euro-American transport sim but just me

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-07-10 08:04:36

Well the name transport world is already used.
I am helpint toris with this stuff and there were a few more names, sadly to avoid possible copywrite infringements I am trying to get names used that are nothing or don't exist as being used, so there is an transport world, in fact its a local musium I went to so we can't use transport world just like that.
For the user that wants to test, I'd hold off trying to even bother with this right now.
The game is 4gb+ due to uncompressed sounds which I am working on compressing.
Currently I have compressed approx 1.5-2.5gb worth of sounds and extras down to 318mb.
So based on this the game may be reduced from 4gb to about 600mb-1gb with compression.
For the user that has the question of addin other vehicles in there is a mods folder but nothing has been released to me as of yet for how to handle this.
The next thing I want to do is find out which keyboard keys do what and attempt to rewrite the manual.
Right now all the keys for all the systems and all that are in one mega block of data and I feel its to much to be like this.
I also need to define a few other things and ask toris what each class is, maybe eventually write some sort of information or history on things, or maybe leave some of this to players who knows.
The keyboard first but then who knows.
A lot of these are would likes right now.
I have 1 1.2gb folder of sounds to compress then we see.

2021-07-10 09:13:05

@60. Seriously? If it was a game name, then okay. But a museum? Come on, really?

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-07-10 09:14:15

Hi.
I only find recordings in German. Do you have recordings in English as well?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-07-10 14:51:12 (edited by Taurus Fan 2021-07-10 14:51:50)

@62, yes, I have published some.

2021-07-10 19:18:18

Yes its a thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_World
I have been to it, lots of trucks, wearable art, suits made of coffee pods, old movies, 3 levels of trucks, cars, land rovers, racing cars, the works.
I went to it like in april as part of my south island tour in april this year, its really cool however its a lot of walking about, but yeah, 3 levels mostly trucks.

2021-07-10 22:11:03

At Crashmaster noone doubted that, but given that the game and the museum are two different things in 2 different categorys, this shouldn't be a problem, at least if considering Austrian law.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-07-11 09:53:31

Agreed with @65. I never doubted that this museum was a thing, but museums and games are two different categories, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-07-11 17:56:59

@60, do you know if the name is a protected trademark?

2021-07-11 17:59:40

@58, as written above, that‘s regretably not possible yet.

2021-07-11 19:10:55

this game is really awesome. I love it because I watched episodes oy youtube!

2021-07-11 21:03:28

@69, I'm happy, you like it!
@All, I'm sorry for the late message but I'm currently on holiday and don't have a really good internet connection here. So, I'll simply write this and hope that it'll be sent over to the forum.
The voting, as you could see above, has brought the following results:
Transport Vehicle Simulator: 3 votes, 25.00%
Transport World Simulator: 8 votes, 66.67%
European American Transport Simulator: 1 vote, 8.33%
Count of votes: 12
And there've also been written some notes. For example, some people here apparently would like "Transport World" even better than "Transport World Simulator". I don't know if "Transport World" is a copyrighted or otherwhise protected trademark, but if no, I would think about using Transport World.
The current community favourite is Transport World Simulator, which I personally also like best. So the game will be called Transport World Simulator or a small variation thereof.
So, now some general messages:
First, no matter how often someone asks, either via PM or via a post here, it isn't possible for you to test the game yet. That's because it's currently in the BETA TESTING FASE and I don't want to publish a half finished version of the game. This is even partly because of some rather extreme reactions to, in some users opinions, missing features which I actually would have added for a full version. So, no matter how often you ask or who you are, the only people who get to test my game for the next weeks or months are my current members of the beta team! But I thank you for your intrest anyway.
And there even is a small solution to your "problem". You can watch many different videos about my game on Youtube. There even is a special playlist which is only for these videos on my channel, which is linked as my website below.
OK, so now I think that I have written something about 100 to 200 words. So, thanks for putting up with me and this large post here.
Have a nice evening and happy gaming to all.
P.S., to everyone who likes trains, I can honestly recommend TubeSim by N A Soft. It really is a great and intresting game!

2021-07-11 21:04:31

Well it probably is but I don't really know.
As for using it in a game its probably ok.

2021-07-11 21:39:05

@71, thanks for the information.

2021-07-12 10:43:40

@60 If you want any help with history, Classes etc then I am happy to help. Trains going back to the late 1800s are an area of expertise for me and a special interest so I am pretty knowledgeable of trains especially from Europe, but I also have knowledge and books on trains from America and other places too.
So if you need any manuals or info stuff fleshing out then I am happy to do so. Completely confidentially of course without leaking any info to the public prior to release.

2021-07-18 07:51:32

@73, I'll write to you via a short pm shortly so that we can specify some details and in which way you'd like to be envolved in the game testing.

2021-07-18 07:57:23

not to sound rude, but i remember you saying that i would get an email about testing the game and a link to it, but that never happend, i'm guessing that was a generic thing that got sent to everyone, but just checking

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-07-18 09:40:05

@75, that's strange. I wrote to everyone who applied either a mail with the link or an apology because the team was already full. Your adres must have slipped through somehow. I'm sorry but regretably has the team already been filled up to the brim so I can't accept your application at this time. However if I ever expand my team I'll be sure to remember your application and considder it once more.