2021-08-06 09:09:43 (edited by hllf 2021-08-06 19:03:23)

Hello everyone,

As many of you probably know, I started playing Hades a couple months ago and have been working ever since on creating and improving the accessibility mods that were started by JLove.  Up till now, the mods have been in mostly a beta state, where I have been releasing updates sometimes every single day.  I still intend on releasing updates as regularly as needed, but I am very excited to say today that I finally feel that the mods are now complete enough to actually be ready for official release to a wider audience.

In preparation for this moment, I, along with the help of great colleagues including aaron77, ryok, and JLove, have a few things to share:

• The old "Hades Discussion" thread in which I have been releasing all the mods I am asking no longer be used and be closed.  Going forward, I would like all Hades mods and Hades discussions to occur in this thread.

• We have prepared a landing page where the Hades accessibility mods will be stored and distributed.  This page is still under construction but already contain the latest version of the mods and will be updated as new versions are released.

• We have prepared a readme that is now being distributed with the mods to help new users learn about the mods and read about how to install them.

• We have prepared a 3.5-hour long video to introduce new players (and seasoned ones as well) to Hades and the accessibility mods.  this video is broken into chapters to make finding specific relevant topics very easy.

Please note that there have been several significant changes and improvements to the mods since we made the video a few weeks ago, most notably that the mods can now be brought up from the start of a brand-new game, regardless of whether god mode is on or off, and the addition of interactable NPCs to the rewards menu, including all the NPCs in the House of Hades, no longer requiring a player to have to wander around to try to find the characters with whom to interact.

To read about everything that has been changed/updated since the video was recorded, please look at the changelog within the mod distribution zip file and read all the entries starting with version 17 and onward.

I hope everyone enjoys these mods! Please continue to post questions/comments here as was being done in the old thread.

2021-08-06 10:35:35

hi HLLF,
Thank you very much for your continued hard work!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-08-06 10:52:33

Just dropping in to say congrats on the first "full" release of these mods and well done on all the hard work that's been put in to make this game probably the most accessible of its kind on PC as of the time of writing.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2021-08-06 11:25:43

Hi all,

A mod update!

My apologies - there was a slight bug in the new GodGaugeSound mod that was causing the full gauge sound not to always play properly.  this has now been fixed.

Hades - Accessibility Mods Bundle - V27

As a reminder, the latest version of the mods can always be downloaded from the new website (under construction but operational).

That's all for now; enjoy!

2021-08-06 11:51:20

Hi.
Thank you for your great work on these mods, you are really amazing, and playing hades is with help of your mod is really amazing pleasure.
Thanks also for placing these mods in one place.

2021-08-06 14:20:18

Hi,
HLLF< as far as I remember well you play with JAWS. How to set JAWS to play with Hades? ZDSR does not work well with Polish recognition, it seems and I want to check JFW.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-08-06 15:37:33

Do you think compatibility with tts will be added in the future?

2021-08-06 15:55:19

Hi.
Congratulations on a more official release of the mods. I can't find the right words to describe how awesome you are.
I've only briefly looked at the game and the mods because a lot of things are going on in my life at the moment, but I look forward to dive deeper into the game, hopefully in the near future.
Thanks a ton for the video, and thanks for making it into chapters for easier navigation.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-08-06 17:28:26

can you make a mod which tells you where the pillars are located?

2021-08-06 17:33:16 (edited by hllf 2021-08-06 18:00:09)

@6: There are two things I recommend doing if you are a jaws user:

1. In JAWS Settings Center, enable the option "Use Microsoft Ocr For Screen Recognitions".

2. In JAWS Keyboard Manager, remap the command to OCR the current window (RecognizeRealWindow) to something more efficient than the default layered keystroke.  I use Insert-r or JAWS key-r, as an example.

2021-08-06 17:42:52

Thanks for all the work you've done.
I'm going to report some sort of bug with the mod. there's a spoiler below, so don't go down if you don't want to read it;
When you give meg enough nectars and then kill the sisters a few times, she'll show up in your room for a conversation, after you talk to her, she'll  walk away. at this point, you should not be able to interact with her, but if you press the b key, she will show up in the mod menu. if you go to her, your character will be stuck! I have my savve file, as soon as you load it, she will be in your room and you'll talk to her, so you can check it out.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/50n7jocx19mpm … g.zip?dl=0
Let me know if these are not the correct files!

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2021-08-06 18:03:15

@11: You are not using the latest version of the mods.  This bug was fixed as stated in the changelog below:

Version 24: Released 08-03-2021
Fixed the issue where Zagreus would be teleported to invalid locations after a Meg/Thanatos encounter in his bedroom and the NPC had left the room.

I just tested your save with the latest version 27 of the mods, and after the encounter in the bedroom, you cannot bring up the rewards menu, as there is nothing there with which you can interact, so it works correctly.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

2021-08-06 18:34:32

Okay. Let's buy Hades the second time, and let's test this. Hopefuly the python script will run as intended this time. This video made me  extremely hades-needy. Btw, the first intro narrator speech always gives me the goosebumps, i love that stuff.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-08-06 18:42:49

@13: I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's an unbelievably addicting game. Note that there have been some significant mod improvements in the 3 weeks since Aaron and I made the video, most notably that all interactable NPCs, like the ones in the house, are now all shown in the rewards menu. We just didn't have the time to make a brand-new video after the updates. For all the new stuff since the video came out, you can read the changelog in the mod zip file for version 17 and onward.

2021-08-06 18:47:18

That's amazing because i always had problems with finding... Nyx, i guess that's how you write this in english? Question though, how do you get the rewards menu to open in the house?

2021-08-06 18:52:51 (edited by hllf 2021-08-06 18:53:36)

@15: The boon info button (select on the controller, b on the keyboard) brings up the rewards menu in the house. In the video, that key brought up the resources menu. One of the changes since was to make the select button bring up rewards while in the house and the special attack button (Y on controller, q on keyboard) bring up resources.

2021-08-06 18:53:38

this topic and your video have inspired me to get into this game, it's downloading rn.

2021-08-06 21:02:07

Justlike before, i get this. SJSON python module not found! SJSON changes will be skipped!
SJSON module should be available in the same place as the importer

Cleaning edits... (if there are issues validate/reinstall files)

Reading mod files...

Modified files for Windows mods:

0 base files import a total of 0 m
od files.
Press any key to end program...

2021-08-06 21:07:02

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for the mods. This game is pretty much fully accessible now.

2021-08-06 21:26:32

@18: Can you describe how you/ where you extracted all the files?
In your Hades folder, you should have a content folder.  Within that content folder you should have the .py file.  Also within that content folder you should have the Mods folder, and the Mods folder should contain a separate folder for each of the 9 mods I believe the total is?
So if you download the package, you should literally just be able to copy the content folder from the package and paste it into your Hades folder which should be found in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\hades
Once you do that you should just be able to run the .py file as before and that should be it.  The json error is just a warning and can be ignored, as none of the mods use it.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-08-06 21:41:22

That's why then. The problem is that i don't have the steam folder where the script expects it. I tried to modify the py file to see if i could fix it but that's way over my head. Can i do anything?

2021-08-06 21:52:45

I remember people got the game to work on the mac and I don't remember them having to change anything in the script.  I'm assuming the script uses relative paths but maybe not?  I asked hllf to take a look as I'm on my phone and nowhere near my computer at the moment.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-08-06 22:02:08

I could reinstall steam but that's just ugh. If it comes to that i could though.

2021-08-06 22:16:15 (edited by hllf 2021-08-06 22:17:31)

@21: The python script doesn't care if your installation is in a nonstandard location, but it does require that the parent folder to the Content folder be called Hades.  So your path to the modimporter.py file needs to be like this:

...\Hades\Content\modimporter.py

As long as the above holds, and your Content folder contains the mods, in addition to all the other stuff Hades puts into the content folder when installed, the python script will run successfully.  I just tested it on both a completely random location on my C drive, as well as on a thumb drive to be absolutely certain.

2021-08-06 22:51:22 (edited by arnold18 2021-08-06 23:12:33)

Something fixed the mods, i don't know what i did but they're working. big_smile
Edit: How are you supposed to pet cerberus?