2021-08-07 07:48:44

Thats the greatest and best news since Accessibility for slay the spire!
Thanks for this wonderful piece of work!
Oh and i agree to our horselord. Accessibility for the german version would be absolutely great and i am willing to pay for that!

Question: Any idea how to navigate the birthdate selection on account creation of battleNet with NVDA?

2021-08-07 10:12:25

@Ethin, HS is not available on Linux, but I think you could use WIne to play. I see no reason why it wouldn't work if you have enough patience to mess with the battle.net launcher

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-08-07 10:16:15 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2021-08-07 10:16:34)

@1
Hi there. smile Great to see your work getting the positive recognition it deserves. I'm going to go against the majority here and say that being able to play online would be great, instead of mindlessly playing through hours of campaigns/adventures, that way you get the unpredictability of human opponents as well as the prospect of actual competitive play against friends and/or other human opponents from all across the globe.

As much as I'd like to see the single player worked on, opening pack, deck building and online would be my votes.

This is an amazing project, thank you so much for all your hard work.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2021-08-07 10:21:37

So is it not yet possible to take quests? I can see them pop up at times, but hitting enter just exits the pop up and the quests come up later with no status changes.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-08-07 10:27:43

I vote  for the campaine personally, but not going to refuse if the online works as well.  the thing is, you'll face a pro and powerful player online and you didn't have a chance to learn anything. yes it happends to me on yugioh mud and crazy party battle. with the campaine you could have a chance to learn as much as you want and you can about the mechanics.

2021-08-07 10:58:46

Great work man, I really happy to test this.
I want to play campaigns, adventures and obviously online mode.
I know that this mod works on polish version of hearth stone.

2021-08-07 10:59:47

@Mosior is it really?

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-08-07 11:30:55

@32 Yes, I play on the Polish version as well as I don't want to play an English version while a great localization is available for my language. The game reads some things weird, like, for example
You dealt six obrażeń.
But if you played Slay The Spire on the Polish version it will be nothing new to you

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2021-08-07 11:31:09

@32 Yes, I play on the Polish version as well as I don't want to play an English version while a great localization is available for my language. The game reads some things weird, like, for example
You dealt six obrażeń.
But if you played Slay The Spire on the Polish version it will be nothing new to you

2021-08-07 11:36:45

Sightless Kombat wrote:

@1
Hi there. smile Great to see your work getting the positive recognition it deserves. I'm going to go against the majority here and say that being able to play online would be great, instead of mindlessly playing through hours of campaigns/adventures, that way you get the unpredictability of human opponents as well as the prospect of actual competitive play against friends and/or other human opponents from all across the globe.

As much as I'd like to see the single player worked on, opening pack, deck building and online would be my votes.

This is an amazing project, thank you so much for all your hard work.

Agreed with this post pretty much; The excitement of playing against your friends or online players is amazing. Hearthstone has some good singleplayer modes though, I think the mission modes also gives you some rewards as well for playing continuously.
Though of course we have to keep this in mind that GuideDev is one person with time constraints smile

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2021-08-07 12:02:29

Hi,
a super huge thank you for this mod, it's just so great! Thanks for doing this, you have my support for sure! Regarding next steps, I would prefer campaigns and adventures and all this stuff for solo play first, just because I like this sort of thing and want to try out the game as much as possible before I jump into online play where most others probably played the game for years already.
And again, thank you for doing this amazing stuff for us!

2021-08-07 12:07:56

heya.
sorry for being dum or anything, but i got one question
is this mod going to make the game accessible, meaning that i don't have to mess around with ORC or object nav and such or i still need to do that stuf?
sorry again for the stupid question, and, keep up the good job. i saw all of the positive comments so i'll give this a go.
ps.
do i need to install the game as well or downloading this is the only thing i need?
thanks again

2021-08-07 12:24:48

Hi. While I mostly agree with everyone here, I really feel that the multiplayer version should be worked on as well. I would absolutely love to play the single player campaign, but I would love to be able to play with my friends at some point. Keep up the great work and will spend some more time with this today. just one question. How exactly are we going to get the online version to work without us being banned/disconnected? Maybe you should try and talk to blizzard and explain to them the situation. Maybe we can get this mod some sort of a signature or something, or even better, maybe when this is complete it could be implemented into the game itself.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-08-07 12:42:40

This is amazing, thanks for such a great job!
1 problem though: My character died during the final part of the tutorial, and the game stopped responding. I had to exit. Has anyone faced such a problem?

2021-08-07 12:48:41

@39: I didn’t run into it, but will keep an eye out just in case. I finished the tutorial, and so far it seems very well done.

2021-08-07 13:01:15

I won an adventure game, and the game showed me three similar card packs to choose, when i chose one and pressed enter, nothing happened. i am not sure what was that.

2021-08-07 13:06:34

What the fuck is wrong with the world? If one, single person could have hacked in the accessibility by decompiling the game and working with MSIL (HS is Unity), then how much time it would take Blizzard to build the accessibility in house? One week, maybe two?

2021-08-07 13:33:31

I have , very occasionally, seen the game get into a state where you can no longer navigate, really only just once. For me, hitting escape and restart on that fight fixed it right away though. As for quests ...I'm not 00% sure.
I did manage to complete the "Learning the ropes" quest, but the "master summoner one" seems to not budge , so there's probably some growing pains there, still smile

2021-08-07 13:39:31

I am verry much looking forward to playing this when I get time. I played this together with my father a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. One thing though, whether you go for online or offline support first, I vote for offline, pack opening and deck building should be absolute first priority, since you won't get far in the adventures or online with your starter decks anyways.
I'll probably drop a PayPal donation once I get time to play around with it. I just need to access my old account. I have some nice stuff on there, but all my decks are probably extremely outdated.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2021-08-07 14:24:07

OK, tryed it with the german Version and it is working very well!
Realy realy realy realy nice job so far! I am excited where this will go next!

2021-08-07 14:41:19

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Keep it coming as I'll be compiling everything from the various sources to see what the next steps should be.

Regarding localization: I could certainly look into extracting all the text somewhere if people are able to contribute to it. It would take some work on my end to make this possible and I would need to rely on the community to provide and maintain the translations for any supported language over time as I only know so many languages myself. Note that adding a new language as it stands would require over 500 translations and this would grow over time. You would also potentially have some text in english whenever new versions come out as waiting for every single languge to be translated in order to release new features wouldn't be feasible.

One more thing regarding localization: localizing the narrator speeches in the tutorial would be significantly harder to achieve. Is this something you would be interested in as well? If not, would you rather keep the english narrator in the tutorial or replace the narrator with the screen reader as well and localize that?

Regarding the issue with the victory and defeat screens: I was unable to reproduce this so far and it only appears to happen sometimes and to some users. A few sighted people did reach out to me though and told me they sometimes run into this problem as well using the mouse and have to restart the game so I'm not sure whether it's a bug in the mod or with Hearthstone itself. If it happens to you again, please try the following: 1. Press F8 to disable accessibility. This will allow you to use the mouse to control the game. 2. Click anywhere on the screen. If that works, press F8 again to reenable accessibility and please let me know. If that doesn't work, the bug is probably in Hearthstone itself and not the mod.

Regarding compatibility with other operating systems: I'm afraid I don't even have a mac to test things with so I'm very unlikely to be able to work on this anytime soon. For those of you who are using Linux, WINE may be an option.

Regarding quests: quests do work and you do progress and get rewards once you finish them. Note that not all of them can be done through practice games though. Some of them only register if you're playing against other players. You cannot open the quest log as that's not accessible at the moment, but you do get a reminder popup when you first open the game everyday so make sure you use that opportunity to read through the requirements, rewards and progress before pressing enter!

@dennybuster
You need to download and install the game which is about 3 gigabytes I believe. Everything that's been implemented so far is fully accessible though and you won't need to use any other tool. Have a read at the project page if you'd like to try it out as it explains how to get things up and running.

2021-08-07 15:06:50

@GuideDev, I found it extremely annoying to have listened to Narrator samples, Some people rely on the translation software to play games, and you are effectively making it harder for them. pre-recorded samples have no advantage over the screenreader whatsoever. If that's not a huge deal for you, please make the narration scvreenreader friendly.
ALso, how is this working Did you make a custom overlay on top of the game itself? Can't it be directly realized in th game?

2021-08-07 15:09:41

ok I unlocked the hunter's class and now I will go to unlock the warrior class : D

2021-08-07 15:46:27

Hey hey GuideDev! For me this Mod is totaly OK. I only wanted to have the normal game german localisations and they are working so far. So you dont have to change anything.
I would say general game features are more important at the moment!

2021-08-07 16:35:26

Had a question; Will the new cards that i unlock have a chanse to appear in my hand?
I notice that Sinister Strike won't appear in my rogue's hand, even though i unlocked it before