2021-08-07 16:58:16

I think 1 player mode is better for now, in online mode we only have 1 minute to make a move! do you really want to play online against multiple people without knowing the game rules?

the tutorial doesn't teach everything, so I think 1 player mode would be more interesting because we can learn more about the game calmly.

its dont  crazy party

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-08-07 17:05:32

@50,: I believe the cards you unlock are used in deck construction, and won't show up in the pre-built decks used in Practice mode. I could be mistaken however.

2021-08-07 17:07:22 (edited by ertay 2021-08-07 17:08:58)

Awesome work! Just wanted to let everyone know  that if you start a Solo Adventure game, the mod still works. I had sighted assistance to just start The Book Of Mercenaries to try it out, and seems to work fine. Perhaps one can do this with NVDA OCR, but I will try that later.

Edit: Perhaps this has been mentioned earlier, I haven't read the whole thread yet smile.

Host of Sightless Fun, podcast about visual accessibility in modern Board Games.

Follow on Twitter

2021-08-07 17:30:36

@52 That is correct. That's why I think deck building should be prioritized highest of all, since that's the only way to get access to your unlocked cards.

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2021-08-07 17:42:15

hi all, How long would it taketo implement the one-player mode? Just curious as all this fantastic work has been done, is it more difficult now the foundations are there, to add support for the adventure modes? I am starting this title later, but have a feeling many of us would crave the extra modes. If we become patrions, can we get access to new features etc. as supporters? that is, do we get perks?

2021-08-07 17:59:16

Hi,
If the pack opening, deck building and such were added, I'd play this constantly. 
You can definitely click things when turning off the mod with f8, though I don't know how reliable this is and it wouldn't help in the deck edit and pack screens I'm betting.  still, you can activate solo adventures at least.

2021-08-07 18:19:19

Before I say anything else: @1 Thanks for helping to make this game accessible. To be honest, I had no idea what this was about before, but after listening to Liam's stream I think it is a game I would enjoy.
Now, @Nuno: I understand what you are trying to say, but accessibility seems to be very low on the bucket list of large videogame companies. I'm sorry, that's just how it is sometimes.

I haven't played this myself yet because I haven't set up a battle.net account yet and because I am also not sure on how well the launcher for Blizzard games works with screenreaders.

Anoter question: Do you have to turn off your screenreader for this? Do you need some kind of OCR or anything? I am using JAWS if that helps.

Now, I would say that the single player stuff and deck building should be worked on first. Plus, if what some people have said here is true, we would get banned for even using this accessibility mod.
I actually get why they don't want people to use mods (maybe they think they'll prevent people from somehow cheating through mods that way?). But maybe someone can contact Blizzard (when multiplayer is implemented into the mod) and ask for some kind of permission or verification or whatever.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-08-07 18:33:57

@57: No, you don't need to disable your screen reader or use OCR. OCR can help with accessing some game modes which aren't yet officially supported, but it isn't required.

Setting up a battle.net account is pretty straight-forward. The client works quite well with screen readers in my experience.

2021-08-07 18:46:19

MR. Guidedev, are you going to inform about new versions in this topic? Running the patcher everytime is inconvenient.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-08-07 19:58:45

Hmmm... the ability to buy card packs for real money just put me slightly off being interested in multiplayer to be honest.
By the way, is it possible to unlock everything without paying real money?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-08-07 20:21:35

Hi all, i hope someone can please help. I am running NVDA with the game. When i have the 2nd mineon and i asked if i wish to summon it on the left, or the right, pressing enter makes a "click" sound, almost like i have backed out of the selection. is this a bug in the latest patch? When i ran the patcher, it said a new version was available, and the game was patched.

2021-08-07 20:23:01

@60 I hate to say this, but it's Blizard, they're kind of known for that...

2021-08-07 20:38:37

@hadi.gsf
All the cards unlocked after the tutorial are added to your collection, but not to your deck. The cards you unlock as you level up from 1 to 10 are part of the core set for that class and you will have all the necessary cards to create the core deck for that class upon reaching level 10. The core deck is a 30 cards deck that should be a lot better than your starting deck and more than enough to allow you to defeat all expert-level opponents without much difficulty once you get more familiar with the game.

While deck building is not available yet, you should be able to get someone to help you or use OCR to create it if you've reached level 10. Here's a list of steps if you'd like to give it a try: 1. Click the "My Collection" button near the bottom of the screen in the main menu. 2. Find the "New deck" button. There's a vertical scrolling menu at the right containing all of your decks. The "new deck" button will be the last button so you may need to use the mouse wheel to scroll down if you've already unlocked all the classes as you'll have a bunch of decks. 3. Click the "new deck" button. 4. Click the hero you'd like to create the deck for. There's 10 different portraits and you'll hear the sounds as you hover them with your mouse. Click the "Choose" button somewhere at the bottom section of the window at the right. It also has a sound effect when you hover it. This will open a menu with 4 premade deck recipes that you can pick from. 5. Click the one at the left: this will read something like "Core Rogue." 6. Click the "Choose" button somewhere at the bottom. 7. Click the "Done" button close to the bottom right. You're done! You can now click the "Back" button to get back to the main menu or simply restart the game. Your deck will be named "Core something" depending on what class you chose and you'll be able to select it in practice mode.

@wlomas
The mod is and will always be free for everyone. Patreons and donators don't get any exclusive perks: they simply support me so I can dedicate more time to working on this as opposed to doing other paid work. To give you a simple example as I've been asked about this more than once: if a given game mode takes me 80 hours to complete and I were able to work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week on it, it would be released in 2 weeks. Since I do have bills to pay and a family to support however, I may only be able to dedicate 1 hour a day to this after work, which means it would take 4 months instead. As soon as something is done, it'll be released for everyone at the same time though.

@Juliantheaudiogamer
I naturally can't answer for Blizzard here nor know what the future holds, but for whatever is worth I've been developing the mod without ever getting banned for several months now which means I access the game multiple times per day every day and have played hundreds of games while developing and testing new features. It's also worth keeping in mind that none of this is offline. Tutorial games, practice games and solo adventures are all online. The AI opponents you play against are on Blizzard's servers. You cannot play the game offline at all.

@Nuno
You don't need to run the patcher everytime. The mod will warn you whenever you're loading the game if a new version has been released. The only time you will be forced to run the patcher is when Blizzard updates the game as you will lose accessibility after the game is updated to the new version. This normally happens every couple of weeks and I do need to release a new version everytime so you may need to wait a few hours depending on how busy I am at the moment. Feel free to send me a direct message here or anywhere else if this happens just in case I haven't noticed it as I don't have a way of knowing when Blizzard updates the game.

2021-08-07 20:40:32

Thank you MR. Guidedev. Can I set up a recuring Paypal donations? Patreon is hard to set up in my country and even if I did set it up, I would pay more to them than to you which I prefer to avoid.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2021-08-07 20:42:10

@wlomas
I haven't heard about anything similar before. You're saying it seems like you're cancelling out. Are you sure you're clicking enter and not backspace? Asking since backspace is normally right next to enter and backspace is the key for canceling things in general. It may also help if you press F1 and listen to the narrator by the way.

2021-08-07 20:43:27

I saw on reddit from davidsolemon that if you press f8 to disable the mod, then ocr, you can click on the other options.  I was able to click play, then turn back on the patch and played against some one real.  I had enough time to make my moves, you just gotta be a little quick at reading.  I'm now working on the missions the book of mercenaries.

2021-08-07 20:44:28

@Nuno
I don't think you can or at least I don't know how, sorry!

2021-08-07 20:45:24

@blindndangerous
Hats off. That's seriously amazing smile Keep it up!

2021-08-07 20:59:49 (edited by hadi.gsf 2021-08-07 21:00:29)

@GuideDev thanks so much for the instructions for the core deck.
Honestly I would play any mode that you'd made accessible for us; It really doesn't matter personally for me, as long as we can play this game more and  access further features and functions.
If I had a wishlist it would be the deck builder being accessible and  the easier modes that lets us unlock more cards.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2021-08-07 21:13:24

So I was able to get to the book of mercinaries but not much beyond that. I found a hero but couldn't find anything else to click after the initial dialog

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-08-07 22:12:21

Hi. So, I have just played my first proper matches and wow, I have never had this much fun with a game in recent memory. I do have a question about the game itself though. Are you able to unlock more heroes to play with? Also, is there a way to access the tutorial if you ever need a refresher? Lastly, does the mod itself require an Internet connection? What I’m asking is, say now the mod got to a point where it was complete and you had to drop support for some reason. Would we still be able to use it? Thanks. I’m not implying that you will drop support for it, I’m just asking out of curiosity. Absolutely love this though.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-08-07 22:26:56

OK, I will just remember to send some good amount every month. People like you shall be recognized and rewarded, as thosefucking lazy asses from the AAA industry are too arogant to implement something a single person could have hacked into the game in a few months.

2021-08-07 22:29:02

@71
I can answer your first question - after completing the tutorial, you can then go into practice matches and you'll learn the frst from there.

Just unlocked Hunter and Warrior in that order after 2 back-to-back wins. I have no words other than this is amazing, can't wait to see what's added next.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2021-08-07 22:33:57

that is so cool! Thanks for your work

2021-08-07 22:37:59

Yeah, I think deck editing will be great.