2021-09-06 14:04:01

yeah, just beat the first boss and got the green stone, and the hill top bob part is completely inaccessible sadly. If we can't teleport I'm not going to play until this is fixed.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-09-06 15:12:49

I have found that if you turn off voiceover and tap a bit to the right of the center of the screen, you can teleport. This is not a great solution because I don’t always tap the right spot and end up leaving the hill but I eventually get it. It’s better than starting at floor 1. You get a stone at floor 20 which is where I’m at, so I’m definitely not going to trek down all of those floors.

2021-09-07 04:26:53

I relayed the teleport bug to the developer, and he says he checks the forum every now and again, so by all means, keep posting if you find bugs or have suggestions.

2021-09-07 17:05:55

I built a house. Storing items is possible but retrieving them is not. When you enter your home, you can’t do anything, including leaving it. I got a sighted person to get me out of it.

2021-09-08 16:18:03

Ok, hiring mercenaries is amazing. I still don’t really understand how the guilt check in works but I get a little gold when I do it so that’s fine.

2021-09-08 19:07:00

yeah the game is fun. i can cast a few spells as well witch is dope cause i can heal and cause some damage.  Buying mercenaries is dope too cause if you can't teleport you can use them to clear the mobs in the first floors.  You also run into a wondering merchant so you don't have to go all back to the town.  I havn't died once and i already on floor 20. the mercenaries at the pub  are randomed i think. the first time i got a pair one was level 50 something but the second time i went back the highest level was like 16

2021-09-08 21:54:29

The developer says that he has updated the game to fix the teleporting bug. However, he says fixing the house building and getting the swipe attack to work better with voiceover will take a while. And for those who say that the update doesn’t register, simply click on the link in the first post or search for the game in the App Store. It will register the update then.

2021-09-08 22:40:11

i get the swipe to work all the time wen i try to use it.  you just double tap and swipe to the right from the first enemy. example you got bug eatter 1 2 and 3, you double tap on bug thing one and you swipe to the right. then it tells you the avrage damage.

2021-09-08 22:54:33

@thunderfang, the problem with swipe attack is selecting enemies. If your fighting seven enemies, how to select two of them and not the other five, particularly since it's possible to sometimes swipe and only hit one enemy, which is bonkers!

Hopefully though it'll be fixed soon, actually the dev's responses here have been awesome! I'm tempted to drop him a donation above the price of the game for this one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-09-09 21:20:40

Does anyone know what checking in at the guild does?

2021-09-10 00:23:22

I have a bug to report. Whenever you are in a conversation, you either have to tap the piece of dialog multiple times or swipe away and tap to continue the conversation. This makes it really annoying to go through conversations

2021-09-10 02:00:33

Checking in at the guild gives you money, but you have to push the confirm button, because if you close out of it without confirming, you won’t get the money, and you will still have to wait three hours before your next check in.

2021-09-10 15:41:05

Hi,
I have a weird bug. If I click new game, the game literally does nothing. I have to go back into the game and click continue. I end up with a nameless, raceless, character but I can still play. Do name and race effect stats? If so I would love a way to go through actual character creation.

2021-09-10 20:19:50

does anyone know how to make the people you can higher change at the pub in the port. i have a bunch of low level choices that suck like really bad. i have a level 1 for gods sake.

2021-09-10 21:51:32 (edited by nolly 2021-09-10 21:52:51)

Try using the "Select" button that comes directly after the word NPC. The first one is all lower levels, but for me the other brings up a list with much higher levels.

2021-09-12 15:52:17

The latest update has added accessibility improvements to swipe to attack, along with fixes for the home.

2021-09-12 18:06:34

Yep, you now have full control over your swipe attack. You swipe up to attack the enemy to the right of the one you are on and down to attack the one to the left of it. Of course, if you change your mind, swiping down until the screen vibrates means that you are no longer swipe attacking. and all you have to do is double tap when you are ready. I haven’t gotten as far as the home yet, but I think now that The major VoiceOver buds have been squashed, it is time to fix the lagging issues, because there are so, so many times voiceover lags.

2021-09-13 15:31:14 (edited by Dark 2021-09-13 15:32:39)

I restarted my game to give this a try with the new access, also it really helps  to have the home stone big_smile.

Its great that the mercenaries, inn and other parts of the game are fixed,  and I really like the way swipe attacks work now. I thought oddly enough that mercenaries' would fall under the "minions" button, yet when I try that it says something about fishing gear, which I'm interested to see, actually there seem to be more mechanics in this game than I expected, for all its generally about whacking the monsters.
I also am seeing the differences between the light and full versions, since I'm finding the odd enemy or item on the full version that isn't in light, indeed enemy loot drop rate seems much higher in the full version, which generally means more gold.
its also interesting that not seeing enemy hp seems like a feature not a bug, given that one of the highest cost skills gives you the ability to see it, big_smile.
Though i still do slightly miss enemy descriptions (would love to know what a maneater actually is).

I do wish the interface refresh issues were fixed and things were a bit less laggy, especially in conversations with npcs and taking loot after battles. Also, oddely enough, I don't seem to be hearing the battle reports as often, though the sounds mostly tell me what is happening anyway. I don't know if there is some sort of issue of text being sent to vo, occasionally I even hear "new line", so it might be nice if that could be looked at.
I've tried both on normal and fast, but both times I only seem to get some of the battle reports which, is a little odd for things like gaging how much damage I'm doing.

All the being said, I'm still really liking the game, especially discovering more and more.
Hopefully this time, even though I made a miner booboo with the rerolling at character startup and so began with rather low stats, I'll be able to pump myself up and give the boss what for, especially because now I actually have the home stone and mercenaries to help big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-09-13 15:55:33

That's interesting because I can't seem to get character creation to work at all, when I click new game, the game just freezes for me unless I go to continue, which then loads up a save with a nameless, raceless character and not many stats.

2021-09-13 16:20:50 (edited by Dark 2021-09-13 16:21:00)

@Aaron, that is strange.
Are you using the light version or the full version? I wonder if there is a problem if you start off with the full version directly without a game in progress.

I began with the light version, created a character, saved to the Icloud then downloaded the full version and transfered data, after which new character creation went fine for me.

If your using the full version, you could try downloading the light version then transferring the data over and see if that works.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm not sure, since now I've down character creation twice, and it worked fine for me both times.

2021-09-14 00:22:54

I am looking at getting this game. However I do want to know one thing.
Has the game been made fully accessible with Voice Over?

2021-09-14 01:39:19 (edited by nolly 2021-09-14 01:41:50)

I would have to say no that it isn't fully accessible. Everything is that I can see now that my dungeon leveld up and is now level 2, but more and more options are opening up as I go further down and there could still be a few things that aren't working yet, which is why I hesitate to say it's fully accessible.

If you are starting out fresh and haven't beaten the boss yet everything looks accessible though. The only glaring issue is having to perform a double tap twice to get through dialogues, the lag after battles and now combat not reading out the damage, especially the first damage of the fight. Prior to this update the damage would repeat the damage twice, now it often doesn't read at all.

2021-09-14 02:57:00

@Cico, the game is in the process of being made accessible. All of the text needed to play for a considerable time is there, even if the interface is a bit janky, as this topic says. Its possible further down the line more text needs to be fixed, and the inteface could do with some tweaks to reduce lag, but there is a lot there to play, plus supporting a developer who responds this well and this quickly to accessibility  requests is very much worth while

As for me, I'm getting a bit confused as to how mercenaries work, and I wonder if we're missing some text here perhaps.
I hired my first lot, went down into the dungeon and defeated the boss, then got killed by 7 enemies at once oon floor ten.
I then decided to grind a little before diving further, so hired a couple of less expensive mercs just to quick slay through the first few levels. This was fine, accept that once I home stoned back to town around floor 12, I couldn't get rid of them! I got the  message about my party disbanding, but when I went to hire more, the same two were there and I couldn't get rid of them.

so I went down again. trying to get enough cash to build the house, and got two shotted on floor 15 losing 21 hp in two attacks, something which likely would not have happened if I had decent mercs with me to take the slack.

, I am actually a bit confused about how the mercs work generaly, what checking in does, and what all those name with select buttons are.
I gather its something to do with other players playing through game centre, but sometimes when I try the select buttons I'm told I need to invite more friends to game centre, even though there aren't any invite options in the game.

Actually getting to the list of buyable mercs is odd too, since it seems I need to hit the select button, go to confirm, which makes the cash paying sound as though something is being payed for, then hit select again.

I wonder if messages are missing here.

On the plus side, it seems setting combat to normal speed instead of slow gets you far more of the combat messages, even with the recent update, though hoepfully that will be fixed soon, along with the double tap lag at npc dialogues and after battles, since I confess that one really is a miner pest when your trying to just grind for gold or stats.

2021-09-14 03:31:11

@dark, you have to pick the second select button, thats the one that gives you the higher level mercs.  All you do is check in with the guild and hit confirm and it gives you a bit of gold. like less then 100 so you can hardly tell.  I think the party not disbanding happened to me once. i think i closed the game and then went down a bit and then used the home stone.

2021-09-14 03:36:55

I am like level 60 something and i like the game a lot.  I have bin playing a lot more then the sorti quest one.  Just because i like the way chests appear and slight forging of weapons.  I love both games so don't think i am hateing or anything. You can only add friends once they have registered and once you higher them they will be what ever level they were at there last save. You can also kinda catch some of the mobs you have but its only happened once and then it vanished so idk what happened there.