2021-09-27 18:38:24

starlord2017 wrote:

is the door the one that constantly beeps without pressing a key? if so yeah. I change direction the beeping will stop but, I turn back it will resume clanging away.

alternatively, you could just have the game announce your going east north or heading in a direction with a built in compass.

Hmm I'm not sure what one would be constant. There is a beeping for as soon as you finish a move and you are facing a wall, if you are over a door, press shift to hear where the door is, and pass a sign.

Is it beeping or is it the impact noise of running into a wall?

2021-09-27 20:43:29

I love the changes a lot. thanks for the amazing changes done to movement.  now I got a few suggestions for the game.
this is actually a problem, and let me explain what it is then we can move into my proposal.
I go north of the camp, and go east then go north unlock the door. I'm now only able to go east.
I take 5 steps and its a level 3 terramon which usually wins every fight and I'm automatically sent back to camp. can we please get an expansion on that area and level 1 terramons get placed there? its not random, and my terramon never levels up when a 3 kicks it in the face.
i go north whe i can, and the level 2 even with deep breath has the same result. the exit to the south never seems to produce any terramons. so unsure what to do there.
an exp counter will be good to see how much our mon needs for the level up. I'm not sure the xp system currently, so i may be speaking of total ignorance on that.
in the tutorial for the foreman it say we can capture terramon. that's all well and good, but we don't get the command to capture after the tutorial, again ignorance may be my best or worst friend here.
what do we capture them with? balls? pins? torpedos? a shouted follow me? ok i admit I aimed for a bit of levity on that.
in consideration of the terramon, I know you said movement sets would be worked on in the future, but, in  a duel with a level 3 terramon. it felt like each time i did deep breath. it copied it.
cat and mouse?
I'd also like to know if the level 1 tterramons ae hiding out or if the level 2's are our first and most direct challenge. I am also thinking that the sign said the boss is north, but I go east and the level 3 appears but a level 2 appears to the north? I'm confused.
I'm rambling. so thanks for all the hard work on the prototype.

2021-09-28 03:58:15

starlord2017 wrote:

I love the changes a lot. thanks for the amazing changes done to movement.  now I got a few suggestions for the game.
this is actually a problem, and let me explain what it is then we can move into my proposal.
I go north of the camp, and go east then go north unlock the door. I'm now only able to go east.
I take 5 steps and its a level 3 terramon which usually wins every fight and I'm automatically sent back to camp. can we please get an expansion on that area and level 1 terramons get placed there? its not random, and my terramon never levels up when a 3 kicks it in the face.
i go north whe i can, and the level 2 even with deep breath has the same result. the exit to the south never seems to produce any terramons. so unsure what to do there.
an exp counter will be good to see how much our mon needs for the level up. I'm not sure the xp system currently, so i may be speaking of total ignorance on that.
in the tutorial for the foreman it say we can capture terramon. that's all well and good, but we don't get the command to capture after the tutorial, again ignorance may be my best or worst friend here.
what do we capture them with? balls? pins? torpedos? a shouted follow me? ok i admit I aimed for a bit of levity on that.
in consideration of the terramon, I know you said movement sets would be worked on in the future, but, in  a duel with a level 3 terramon. it felt like each time i did deep breath. it copied it.
cat and mouse?
I'd also like to know if the level 1 tterramons ae hiding out or if the level 2's are our first and most direct challenge. I am also thinking that the sign said the boss is north, but I go east and the level 3 appears but a level 2 appears to the north? I'm confused.
I'm rambling. so thanks for all the hard work on the prototype.

Yeah looks like it's an indicator problem! If you turn and go north as SOON as you hit that sign you'll hit a level 5! Going straight east was taking you to a level 3 you could try to catch if you wanted a new one, and then level 2s were in the side tunnels. So going east, then north was just finding a random TerraMon. With the way the wind works as indicators, is it still too hard to tell when you can turn?

Either way I'm changing that place up so it's less confusing.

Looks like I'm not describing the situation well enough with the sign, so I'll work on that!

2021-09-28 05:28:53

the wind is not a problem at all. I find it very acceptable.
I have to figure out how to capture these terramon anyways

2021-09-28 05:51:44

starlord2017 wrote:

the wind is not a problem at all. I find it very acceptable.
I have to figure out how to capture these terramon anyways

Oh yes, the foreman mentions it, and it's in the tutorial if you press escape, but pressing the C key will attempt a capture! Closer to dying they are, better chance of capture.

There is going to be some sort of having to build something to help capture in the actual game, but for testing you can capture as much as you want.

2021-09-28 07:31:59

a sound to indicate capture would be nice, a sound for leveling up would be nice too.
Will there be a limit to the amount of terramon to carry in one party?
we need ineractive features too. if you want to simulate pokemon, not all of them will want to fight. maybe a chance encounter to have them simply submit like some peaceful ones will.
attacks the terramon get can also evolve into higher attack forms and become more damaging. like the gambling shot, that could evolve into something like destin arrow.
at any rate this could have a lot of potential in the meantime.

2021-09-28 08:22:27

starlord2017 wrote:

a sound to indicate capture would be nice, a sound for leveling up would be nice too.
Will there be a limit to the amount of terramon to carry in one party?
we need ineractive features too. if you want to simulate pokemon, not all of them will want to fight. maybe a chance encounter to have them simply submit like some peaceful ones will.
attacks the terramon get can also evolve into higher attack forms and become more damaging. like the gambling shot, that could evolve into something like destin arrow.
at any rate this could have a lot of potential in the meantime.

Oh yes I was thinking of having moves change based on level/type of TerraMon, but that was a bit out of scope smile I figured I would focus on key aspects to start.

And the ability to recruit using TerraFragments is a plan! So maybe meet a unique one that is damaged and with TerraFragments you can repair it and have it join your party or some such. Or just craft new ones. 

Yes lots more noises still! I need to add them to the list.

2021-09-28 08:53:06

there is always the option of fusion/bbirthing rituals based on the shard characteristics.

2021-09-29 06:39:32

I am taking this time to ask, and also hopefully offer a new way to play terramon that I think is cool.
when we reach the camp. are we going to have research equipment for the different types of shards that give us more information on the terramon, how to breed them, learn how much damage they can do, what they are weakest to, and all that so we figure out which ones to battle with? since this is a tunnel/cave system, can we also get equipment materials by having terramon dig up the resources for upgrading, fixing, etc?
I'd also like to explore the surface to, for shops, and the like, equipment for the terramon, food, and such.

2021-09-29 07:23:21

starlord2017 wrote:

I am taking this time to ask, and also hopefully offer a new way to play terramon that I think is cool.
when we reach the camp. are we going to have research equipment for the different types of shards that give us more information on the terramon, how to breed them, learn how much damage they can do, what they are weakest to, and all that so we figure out which ones to battle with? since this is a tunnel/cave system, can we also get equipment materials by having terramon dig up the resources for upgrading, fixing, etc?
I'd also like to explore the surface to, for shops, and the like, equipment for the terramon, food, and such.

Oh nothing is set in stone, but the ability to upgrade your camp is for sure in the plans! I was thinking of having you be able to sell TerraMon back to your town, but having them mine for you is also a good idea and perhaps they can level up from doing so! Interesting ideas for sure.

Not sure on going up to the surface! Will have to think about possible end game maybe doing stuff up there!

To make navigation easier I'm thinking a style similar to Monster Hunter, where you always leave from the hub. So to get to any region you go to your camp/home town which you upgrade then move out from there.

2021-09-29 08:19:08

it might be good to have the ability to instead of going straight to camp and not given the option, to train terramon that are lower level or don't get a decent chance. I mean I have to run to camp press f1 to renew that level of the training since the exits are blocked off somehow. the door chimes but won't unlock.
Maybe we can trade terramon in a trading post based on rarity, or whatever to gain equipment only tradeable. that to is a good thought.
another idea to put on your list of to do may be to allow us as players to capture legendaries, mythicals, and more. whatever you want to call them. in pokemon, there were originally 3 legendaries, fire, ice and zap.
I'd like to see the equivalent here too.
mons with volcanic moves or something like that because they live near vents, stuff like that.
it might be nice to encounter npc trainers, who can both trade, and duel, or offer helpful advice.
or be guided through areas particularly nasty with traps, etc for a nominal fee or based on a trade for a terramon the person has.
also collecting objects for the journey, for research equipment, equipment the trainer can use, might also be a consideration while exploring the vast underworld of the utopian world.

2021-09-30 08:45:44

Okay I might have to use some of these! At the very least I'm compiling all suggestions for when I begin designing the game in full and can consider them in the context of what else I already have planned! There are only going to be a few more updates to the proto type before I vanish to work on the game in earnest. But there are a few core changes I want feedback on before making the choice in full, basically most of this code is going to be dumped and I'll only pull out specific pieces that I know I can't do better. So this is just for seeing how all the systems interact.

But gotten a lot of good feedback on what needs to change, suggestions, and even what I need to add to my list of things I test before posting a build.

2021-09-30 08:50:11

how can I be part of the official beta private testing team?

2021-09-30 09:06:44 (edited by ericbomb 2021-09-30 09:06:56)

starlord2017 wrote:

how can I be part of the official beta private testing team?

Haha I don't really have a plan for that as it'll be awhile!

But if you, or anyone who wants to be involved when I need alpha testers, want to feel free to add me on discord and I can keep you in the loop and let you know once I have playable builds to see what people think early! This project I expect will fail or succeed based on feedback so I appreciate all of it.

Ericbomb#5651

is my discord

2021-09-30 16:39:13

right. look forward to seeing this project succeed.
I expect it will grow into something unique once its actually moving.

2021-10-24 21:50:03

It was interesting but somewhat hard to navigate. I used the tutorials the game gives, but got stuck after I got to the camp where you can repair your terramons. Not sure where to go from there. The battling was fun and I love how all the terramons are so unique and can use various types of attacks.

Suggestions:
Maybe have the voice in the game tell you which direction to go along with giving the bell noise for the objective you're trying to go for. Or have a pathfinder key where you can press it and it'll tell you directions to get to the nearest area. An example would be say the pathfinder is the p key. You could press it and it would say something like "1 north 2 east 2 west."

Otherwise the game is fine and I loved it.

2021-10-25 09:18:46

Another issue I have is with navigating with the arrow keys. I keep thinking I'm playing say a pokemon game and I just use the arrow keys to move in a direction instead of turning 90 degrees. Is there any way for you to just make the arrow keys directional keys without turning 90 degrees? I think this would be less confusing. You could still use the f key to tell you which direction you're facing, just have say left arrow go west and not turn all the way west like it is now. I think this would be less confusing. I keep having trouble getting anywhere because of this issue. Also, a menu with inventory (if there is any) and a save function would help too. I know this is just the prototype still, but I think those would also be good to add into the game.

2021-12-01 08:08:58

Hello everyone! Been a few months, as I've been planning out the full game!

I now have an alpha build that I'm working on turning into a full game. Coding started from the ground up, so there are a ton of improvements. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Here's the new download location:
https://ericbomb.itch.io/tierramon

Here's the guide explaining everything you can do and what's to come:
https://ericbomb.itch.io/tierramon/devl … -available

Big thank you to everyone who gave feedback previously! I tried to take it all as well as I could!

2021-12-04 05:31:32

@68 looking forward to the final version! I remember a while ago I tested it and gave some feedback! I hope the game is really cool when it comes out!

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-12-04 11:23:08

i found error on first mission during battle.

of  Step Event0
for object oCombat:

Variable Index [0] out of range [0]
at gml_Script_scTierraSwitch
############################################################################################
gml_Script_scTierraSwitch (line -1)
gml_Object_oCombat_Step_0

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2021-12-04 21:51:04

Hi. This is a bug I stumbled upon. I think it accoured just as a battle triggered. Here's the error:

of  Step Event0
for object oCombat:

Variable Index [0] out of range [0]
at gml_Script_scTierraSwitch
############################################################################################
gml_Script_scTierraSwitch (line -1)
gml_Object_oCombat_Step_0

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2021-12-06 10:34:12 (edited by ericbomb 2021-12-06 11:01:08)

Oof I'm so sorry to hear that there are bugs right as it starts! I thought that was all stable, will try to get those cleared up right away.

Thanks so much for reporting!

EDIT: Okay so despite two people running into it right away, that was annoyingly difficult for me to figure out. That's what I get for picking the exact same TierraMon and using the exact same moves to speed run through the early zones! A new version is out just with that bug fixed if anyone wants to try it out!

2022-01-26 16:51:01

have reported a bug to the community thing on itch

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2022-01-26 20:55:33

do we are going to get updates?

meow meow.

2022-01-26 23:26:14

Yes I'm going to work on this more! I just took a month off to work on a month long game jam, then will be coming back to this soon!