2021-11-26 18:58:19

Hi all.
Where is the news.
No mmore monthly reports.
The last one was on 12 june.
I know there hasn't been many games but everyone has gone quiet.
The admins can't all be dead of covid, zombies, or anything.
Actually I know one of the admins has a bunch of cyber elves at his command and is actually a zombie so that doesn't matter much.
Seriously no posts for ages.

2021-11-27 11:21:00

What#s there to talk about? I mean... someone could have mentioned Hearthstone, and that thing could do with a db entry with according notice of the mod you need, but the database and front page in general are feeling pretty neglected these days.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-11-27 13:11:13

Yeah, looks like the news posters aren't doing their jobs. I mean, if you accepted the responsibility of being a poster on this site then you could atleast try. There have been a few games, 4x4 archipelagos, hearthstone, text spaced, but, since dark has taken a step back, the other posters are quite invisible. I say let's change them then, I am sure many people would gladly dedicate some of their time to keep this site alive.
According to the users list, there are 6 news posters, haven't seen them post though so I am wondering why have they chosen to be a news poster if they don't post any news lol.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2021-11-27 20:35:17

Sadly, people do burn out, and I do think in communities like this, collective spirit is a thing eg. if 1 or 2 people burn out or otherwise jump ship, the rest will follow because the whole group thing just fell apart, and nobody wants to shoulder everything on their own.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2021-11-27 23:51:17

Well to be honest there is probably a lot more news than some of use me included are aware of.
I don't steam, I don't console yet there are some stuff about.
What we need is someone that has an over all view of everything.
There hasn't been much news to be honest but then there has been news but not that I have deemed interesting.
It could also be with covid, I mean lets face it.
Its like a giant ddos attack right now.
Covid is taking over the news.
There isn't much new anywhere gaming wize but then I don't watch it all day long.
Maybe thats just that.

2021-11-28 17:11:31

also these people are volunteers and there very well might be more important things they are dealing with right now.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-11-28 19:26:32

Wouldn't that mean it's a good idea to bring more volunteers on board though? I would offer to help, but right now that's not really feasible due to my current obligations.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-11-29 04:33:33

Hello,
I'd be happy to be a news poster if you need more. I think I do pretty well at checking the forum often to keep up with the latest audio game info and I have decent writing as well.

2021-11-29 15:13:21

I developed 90% of the audio games in this freaking database, so I should get to be the news reporter.

2021-11-30 09:16:13

Hi.
@mastodont: Sounds like you wanna be a news poster. Especially since you're blaming others for not doing their job.
To all others:
I think many people have been drained for energy, especially after all this crap going on lately here on the forum.
To all of you who wanna help by posting news: I'll highly recommend you to contact Aaron or some of the other admins with your requests.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-11-30 10:19:01

I think it might be time to move to a new forum. THe webmasters are simply not maintaining it as much as necesary. Now, don't get me wrong. I appreciate them for all they do and I understand they have lives as well but I think it would be good if agnet moves somewhere else.

2021-11-30 14:48:14 (edited by omer 2021-11-30 14:48:55)

rofl. That, I call that an irony.
yesturday you say you want to help with the news posting, today you say, oh screw it let's move to a new forum

2021-12-01 17:07:18

@Zarvox, you do pretty much everything around here, so, In honour of your greatness, I motion that your name be changed to Czar Vox II

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-12-07 17:48:03

I'm just wondering if there's an update on what's going on with this? I notice that hearthstone still hasn't been added, nor has slay the spire's entry been updated to say that both mods now support the keyboard. Say the spire has had more updates since then as well, but I haven't played in a while. The veil has also launched since then, and I beileve more games are being released on the xbox, though I've never been a fan of games from that particular dev.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-12-14 22:43:03

As a team, we have discussed bringing others on board at length. Right now I'd like to tighten up our workflow to allow for features like automatic backups. In future I think it could be cool to even open this up to the community at some point so our database can serve as more of a wiki, with members of the team writing content and reviewing community contributions.

I suspect we will be requesting applications  for this as well as (maybe) mod positions in the not so distant future.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to take on writing a description, send me an email and I can give you a form. Contact info in my profile. This could be a great way to signal interest in becoming a DB editor or poster. Credit will of course be given for your work.