2021-12-03 01:38:26

Hey. I usually wouldn't go for it, but I think Donald's posts in the General Games discussion and article rooms should be removed as they serve no purpose. The articles room is generally viewed as a more serious room where folks put effort into creating articles, and well, leaving it there would just set a bad precedence. As for general games discussion, its where mainstream developers and so on come in to view the forum, and leaving the nonsense he uploaded there without any form of action taken leaves a bad impression. Anyways. curious to see what others think

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-12-03 02:13:08

Like you, I don't usually go for topic deletion either. I also agree that an exception should be made here, and especially for the topics posted in New Releases and the Articles Room.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-12-03 02:15:16

No we must leave it there for all of the world to see what a unique and beautiful community we are!

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-12-03 02:21:02

Mods please do. I am not usually one for deleting topics either, but his posts don’t have any value what so ever. Especially since I accidentally clicked on a couple.

2021-12-03 02:41:01

@2, I didn't even see the one in New Releases

_____

2021-12-03 02:54:55

They probably have a delete all topics from this person button. Give them time to press it.

2021-12-03 02:56:55

He left out the developers room. What an insult to everyone there.

2021-12-03 04:24:39

Yeah, he did. Either that, or they got him before he thought to hit it. Yeah, I'm thinking either deletion, or sorting them elsewhere.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-12-03 05:54:18

I don't see how topic deletion would be controversial at all in this case anyway.  He was trolling, ban evading, and nothing of value would be lost anyway.
So I'm guessing the admins just haven't gotten around to it yet.

2021-12-03 05:59:07

He actually has two topics in new releases.

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2021-12-03 06:53:05

Moderation:
I'm in the process of shoving all of his topics into off-topic. I deleted his "article" immediately, and one of his other threads, since neither had any other posts, but a couple of other users had posted in some of his other threads, and in the interest of not deleting their own contributions, I just moved them to off-topic. Now he's gone, so the damage he did is pretty limited.
I'm going to dig around and see if I missed anything, and if I do, it'll either just get roasted on the spot or dumped into off-topic, there to eventually be buried. Please do us a favour and don't keep driving those threads back up to the top of the list though, all right?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-12-03 16:04:59

You should probably close them as well because its quite irritating eeing them come to the top

_____

2021-12-03 16:50:47

Yeah I agree with dumping them into off topic. Might be good to close them as well though--other users contributed in the intervening time, but now they're useless.

2021-12-04 01:34:56

I think they definitely ought to be closed.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-12-04 04:36:18

Lol we should try using reverse psychology as an experiment. Keep one of his topics alive for as long as possible and see if he stops making an attempt to come back because one of his topics is getting constant attention. Highly doubt it would work, but it's a funny idea. People are strange; there is like a 0.01% chance doing this could satisfy the person enough from continuing to do this. I wonder if we will ever see that 0.01%? Nah, I know we won't. People just need to grow up and realize the stupid crap they are doing and that it isn't pissing people off. If they want to actually do some damage, spam the site with too  many requests or try to download all of its data making it lag or crash for awhile. But evading a ban isn't doing jack.

2021-12-04 13:44:20

Lol did anyone else see this?
https://forum.audiogames.net/post/682496/#p682496

2021-12-05 05:39:28

Yes.

Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.

2021-12-06 22:12:28

What's the point of keeping them though? Why not just delete them all?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2021-12-07 17:11:10 (edited by Rich_Beardsley 2021-12-07 17:11:47)

I agree. In most of those topics, the people who replied only posted once or twice, so that loss in two or three posts shouldn't be a big deal for those who are concerned about having a high post count.