2021-12-08 06:03:36

Hi guys.
Title says it all.
Does anyone know of a legal source that has all seasons of South Park with audio description?
Thanks.

2021-12-08 07:07:06

South Park is one of those shows we really don’t need it. I know that the post vaccination special has it. I don’t think any other seasons of the series are described

2021-12-08 11:51:32

Netflix only  brought the rights to stream season 20 through to season 23, but they have added audio description for all episodes in those series. Hopefully at some point they will get the rights to the other previous seasons and add audio description to those too

Paul

2021-12-10 13:13:59

I guess it depends on the country.

Netflix had the first season, plus a collection of episodes from various seasons, then season 18 up to 22.

This is for Australia.

According to the TV app on my iPhone, all seasons, for australia at least are on Paramount Plus.

I don't have Paramount Plus, so I have no idea if they have it described.

2021-12-10 22:32:12

It does depend on the country. Here in the US, South Park is not on Netflix at all. I do a search and get similar shows, like Big Mouth, so it obviously knows what it is, probably because of the 1999 movie. If anyone knows where we could find seasons in the US described, that would be amazing! We don't need description most of the time, true, but there are some instances where it would really help.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2021-12-11 06:29:30

** LINK REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATION **

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-12-11 07:45:10

@ogomez92, You really shouldn't have posted that link.

Sound designer and music producer.

2021-12-11 07:54:18

I really shouldn't have taken that shit.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-12-11 08:23:06

Me neither. It was a big one, and it hurt. Also it took about 5 minutes to get out because it was fucking rock solid, seriously, I shouldn't eat McDicks so often.

2021-12-12 20:57:21

Moderation:
@ogomez92: Consider this an official warning. Not much to say here; you've been round these parts long enough to know the rules. I've also gone ahead and removed the link in your post.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2021-12-12 21:43:44

Hello.
I guess i can't post the link here but south park is on ** Link Removed By Administration ** they have season one and seasons 15 through 23 audio described as well as the post covid special. I think i should mention that they are mp3s so you won't be able to watch and listen.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2021-12-13 06:02:33

Moderation:
@Guitarman, I'm going to issue you a warning as well. You've also been here long enough to where not knowing the rules isn't really an excuse, yet chose to engage in link-sharing nonetheless. I have also gone ahead and edited your post to remove the link in question.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2021-12-13 06:33:33

I’ve got to say though, it is pretty sad how companies choose to handle streaming rights. If the world was fair, Netflix would have all of those seasons, and they would be available worldwide so that people outside of the US wouldn’t have to use websites like the ones that were linked to in the two posts that got warnings. if the world was fair, region locking would not exist, and I would be able to watch any show in any language I want without having to use a VPN.
It’s sad that I can’t pay for certain things because of the region I’m in, and I have to resort to less than legal ways of obtaining those things. Those less than legal methods are also pretty damn convoluted as well, so I simply don't bother because it's not worth the trouble. If I'm willing to spend my hard-earned money on something, I should be allowed to spend money on whatever I want within legal limits no matter where it comes from.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-12-13 06:55:06 (edited by Jaseoffire 2021-12-13 07:10:21)

As far as I'm aware, VPNs shouldn't be an issue. In that sense, you aren't even touching copyright. Still not an attorney, though, and I don't think anyone has decided to challenge that mark. To be honest, I'm pretty sure a free VPN should do the trick here considering you are just using it to alter your country of origin. Though, that being said, I wonder how long these kinds of tricks will be suffered by corporate interests. Unless streaming services do this for more practical infrastructural concerns which is possible, I suppose.
Edit: looked it up. According to this, it is unclear whether copyright law forbids this kind of practice. Yes, it does forbid you from commiting actual digital theft, but that's not the interesting part here. The region restriction bypass is in a bit of a legal grey area. That being said, it is definitely against contract law. Netflix TOS apparently forbids it. I am too tired to try and confirm that now, though. So, in conclusion, doing so could make Netflix rather unhappy.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-12-13 08:22:56

Hi.
If it is against the Netflix TOS they don't seem to care. Have you ever seen YouTubers promoting SurfShark? One of the things they mention is the fact that you can watch Netflix content not available in your region.

2021-12-13 09:54:54 (edited by ogomez92 2021-12-13 09:55:08)

Wait, I really didn't know I couldn't post the link. It's nothing illegal, nor pirated assets, etc. Sorry. If the rules were updated, I didn't check. Won't post again.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-12-13 16:18:56

Yeah, that was my thoughts exactly. Most VPN advertisements openly tout this as a feature, which is why I didn't know anything about the legality. Yeah, I feel like Netflix suffers it simply as it's probably the lowest priority on their list. I think the matter really won't be settled here until either legislators make their opinion on the matter clear with a law, or someone actually sues someone for this.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-12-13 17:02:56

Paramount+ has the post pandemic special but not sure if the rest of the seasons are up. Honestly finding a legal collection of all South Park episodes is really hard and it's sad there's no central archive for it. You can get it off bootleg. I have some of the seasons described and can put it up on my One Drive for anyone who wants it. If interested just PM me and I'll give you a link, since we can't share them here.

2021-12-13 22:08:43

My apologies i won't post things like this anymore. I would like to point out that i didn't share a link i only put down the website name.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2021-12-14 12:03:37

I thought comedy central was part of Paramount, therefor part of their streaming service.

It's on Paramount Plus in Australia, but I don't know if they're described.

Until someone can confirm it, I'm going to assume it isn't.

I'm not subscribed to the service, got enough streaming services to watch stuff on as is..

2022-02-03 22:02:35

All the South Park seasons, so far as I can tell, are on HBOMax. That of course is available only here in the US and none of them are described so far as I know, even though HBOMax has other shows with description.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.