2021-12-20 10:28:55 (edited by stewie 2021-12-20 10:29:14)

Okay I'll just post it here as the pm system is very unreliable, the file is here.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-12-21 05:18:04

I figured it out, I missed the fact that you need to hit the d-pad direction corresponding to that slot to switch to the item in that slot. I feel like the direction corresponding to each slot should be listed in the inventory menu.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-12-21 10:09:25

stewie wrote:

I figured it out, I missed the fact that you need to hit the d-pad direction corresponding to that slot to switch to the item in that slot. I feel like the direction corresponding to each slot should be listed in the inventory menu.

I see. It was more of a communication problem then a bug in the code. The inventory header says in the end that after you exit the inventory you need to equip it with those buttons. But in the future I might have to do a tutorial where the player needs to put it on in the inventory and then equip it to make sure the player doesn't get stuck.

2021-12-22 21:32:25

Hey, so I downloaded the beta from your website and Ich.Io.
And both times when I tryed to run the game I got an error saying that it can't run it do to something that has to do with coding, and it says that the unity DLL something file isn't there, even though I see in the folder that it is.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-12-27 20:16:33

titan_of_war wrote:

Hey, so I downloaded the beta from your website and Ich.Io.
And both times when I tryed to run the game I got an error saying that it can't run it do to something that has to do with coding, and it says that the unity DLL something file isn't there, even though I see in the folder that it is.

Hey! Sorry I didn't reply until now, Did you extract all the files inside the folder before running the blind survival.exe file? It sounds like the error you get when all the files aren't extracted properly. If you haven't exctracted them, you do so by right clicking(or using a button that brings up that menu) and then choosing the "Extract all" option. I think that's what the option is called at least, you can also use 7_zip or winrar.

2021-12-27 23:30:49

Hey yeah, that's what I ended up doing, thank you.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-12-28 03:41:01

Hey!!

When I press enter on download now. It's said loading. Nothing happen. Do I need to logging in?

Thanks!!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-12-29 15:40:01

Dragons wrote:

Hey!!

When I press enter on download now. It's said loading. Nothing happen. Do I need to logging in?

Thanks!!!!

Hmm. Does that happen on my own website or is it on itch.io?
My own website (blind-survival.com) doesn't have a login system and it should download when you press the button. You shouldn't need to login to itch.io either. You could try using another web browser and see if that helps.

2021-12-29 19:20:18 (edited by Dragons 2021-12-29 19:22:24)

I haven't try to download from your website yet. So far it's just happen on itch.io.

Update. It's downloading find on your website.

Thanks!!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2022-01-05 23:38:31

Big thanks to @stewie who linked a Unity Plugin that lets a screen reader read UI text in the game. For the past days I've worked on adding in support so you can use your own screen reader if you choose instead of having the one that's used right now.
It's still not working perectly, but its getting there! I think it will just be able to read out the dialogue in the story next version, because it seems harder to make it work in the menues in my game. I also need to make a settings menu where you can choose if you want to use your own or the built in tts. The problem I have right now is that my NVDA version isn't reading out the text automatically, but I'll probably find a fix soon smile

2022-01-17 15:11:11

Hello! Quick announcement that the special commentary/walkthrough is now out for the first beta! If you want to hear the story but don't have time to play it yourself, this video is the right for you! And if you get stuck in the story when playing the game, there are many tricks in it to help you survive and help you get through the story.

Please have a listen:
https://youtu.be/_V_QU4v4QKY

There will soon bea web demo of the new tutorial, but I've had the weirdest technical difficulties with it, half the time it works perfectly, and the other half it doesn't work at all, really hope I can get it working soon so I can work on the new story, sorry that the next beta probably will get delayed because of these dumb technical issues. 

As always: have a nice day and stay safe.

2022-01-25 16:57:48

I have good and bad news.
Recently I've had some very bad technical difficulties regarding the game development. I made a development-log about it if you guys want to read about it:
https://blind-survival.itch.io/blind-su … d-it-hurts

This means that the continuation of the story will be delayed. However, I did manage to fix one of the issues and you can now play the new version of the online tutorial from the Blind Survival website! I fixed it by creating a button you have to press before the game loads.

2022-03-15 14:54:30

Patch notes for the next update have been published on itch.io! This week will most likely be out by the end of next week.
For example, the game will now start with an intro cutscene that tells important backstory, you can listen to it on youtube here! https://youtu.be/pHyzo8Rdqog

Other important improvements include a mode where you can use your own TTS program to read the story dialogue and better tutorials for the weapon system. Read the other 8 features/changes in the full devlog on itch.io:
https://blind-survival.itch.io/blind-su … -soon-here

I hope you look forward to this update and the future of the game!

2022-03-16 14:34:35

Awesome. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-03-16 16:17:22

Sounds great! I'll try it today.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2022-03-25 19:21:24

Beta 2 is now availible for download on the website and itch.io aswell as the supporter edition on patreon! It has all the new things mentioned in my previous post, and even some addition things that I had time to add! One of these additional things will make it easier to navigate through the forest and camping! The full list of updates can be read through the link in my previous post!

Itch.io: https://blind-survival.itch.io/blind-survival
For those who wants to support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/blind_survival

2022-03-25 21:25:11

hi. how to change the tts?

2022-03-25 22:13:18

@JamesPotter, you can do so in the settings menu.

@Noah, just finished the demo.

I definitely like the way this is  going, I remember trying some early versions of the game, and I can see the improvements here, the story and ideas are also interesting.

I do wish the game had a few more background sounds for ambience, especially inside places, or in the forest, but this isn't a major deal.
it'd also  be nice if there were slightly different sounds for different entrances, since on a couple of occasions, I ended up walking back to a previous checkpoint, EG I went out of the  house when I entered, and had quite a bit of trouble finding my tent after exiting the tent with the pepper spray, since I  always seemed to end up walking into the same tent, indeed you might consider a different sound for  area transitions than the one for checkpoints or goals.

I also really like the game modes, especially the tunnel mode and the various challenges, I can see that giving a definite boost to gameplay.

Btw, any plans to add different enemy types?

It might also be nice if say getting into a melee match with one zombie while another is present could damage the player, since basically I never used the gun through the hole chapter, I just spent my time sneaking up on zombies and ninja assassinating them with the knife, which I was successful at most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, this was very cool! but it did seem a bit odd that even in areas where the game told me I might need to sneak around the zombies rather than slaying them, I was still able to stealth my way up and do them in one by one without trouble.

either way, really look forward to seeing where this goes.

I can't commit to monthly patreon donations, but I will certainly buy the game when it's released, or place a donation on Itch.io if the game is free, since we definitely need more games like this!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-03-25 23:06:58

JamesPotter wrote:

hi. how to change the tts?

Like dark said it's in the settings menu. I should probably make it more obvious in the future and ask the player which one they want to use the first time they open the game! Enjoy and I hope your tts program works well with the game!

2022-03-25 23:10:20

@Dark Thanks for the awsome feedback! I had never thought about having different entrance sounds, but that is a very good idea!
And I'm working on a new type of zombie that with other sounds, maybe it will have unique mechanics too. I've programmed the game so it's easy to make more enemies so I have some plans for it!

2022-03-26 17:44:35

I have enabled it (use custom tts / on) and press back, the game said a message and I press the back button to exit the game. wen I open the game in settings there are no menu to select a tts.

2022-03-27 12:29:26

JamesPotter wrote:

I have enabled it (use custom tts / on) and press back, the game said a message and I press the back button to exit the game. wen I open the game in settings there are no menu to select a tts.

The tts should come out through a normal screen reader program. It doesn't change the original voice but lets you use your own program. Programs like NVDA, Jaws etc. If it's a compatible program the text should be read by that program when you enter the story. The menues use the game's tts though since it would take even more time for me to make the menues work in your own voice.

Try to open the storymode when you have NVDA open and see if the game will be spoken in your own voice.

2022-05-11 17:43:37

Beta 3 is here!

A part from many quality of life changes, ambience sounds and other updates to the demo: Patreons will get access to more parts of the story. I plan on releasing the game at the end of summer this year smile

Read about the changes in the patchnotes, there's also a youtube video linked in there where I demonstrate the changes!
https://blind-survival.itch.io/blind-su … -in-beta-3

2022-06-17 09:16:10

Hello! Unfortunately the development of Blind Survival is currently paused due to my current mental health. The last parts of the story has been planned out, but I'm not able to put it together at the moment. I think there won't be any more beta versions until the game is completely finished. I hope all of you will have a great summer!

2022-06-17 09:29:18

at 49, I hope you get well soon, by the way, I don't want to be rood, but I just want to share my feedback, 1, you could make a much bigger zombie type, because i often ask my brother about this video game called dieing light2, its also a very famous video game, and has a lot of zombie types, and each type is dangerous in its own way, 2, the gun sound could be better, I don't have a problem with it, but I would say it could be better, again, I don't want to be rood, its just what I think, thanks for reading and I do hope you get well

if you buy a king sized bed, you're left with more bed room, but less bedroom!