2022-01-01 18:20:00

From AppleVis  The BC4000 APP is a turn-based strategy game. You take on the role of the ruler of a civilization, attempt to build an empire in competition with other civilizations. The game begins in 4000 BC, before the Bronze Age, and can last through to AD 2100 with Space Age.

Along with the larger tasks of exploration, warfare and diplomacy, you have to make decisions about where to build new cities, which improvements or units to build in each city, when to expand your empire by new settlers, and how to transform the land surrounding the cities for maximum benefit. From time to time your cities may be harassed by units from other nations or barbarians. You should protect borders and maintain zones of control.
https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games … tion-model this game was not accessible but because people emailed the developer now it is so. Therefore kudos for the effort.

2022-01-01 18:38:40

oh man, an accessible civ style game! I've got to try this one.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2022-01-01 19:44:27

have fun with the mini map. I will have to really get to know this game. Knew about it for a while, but the accessibility updates came out very recently.

2022-01-01 21:58:59

tbh the map of the game confuses me. It's so damn large i get lost.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2022-01-01 23:33:02

Is this game for android or only for ios?

2022-01-02 01:17:59

the map is odd, I downloaded it, but it causes loads of lag on my phone when I move around on the map.

2022-01-02 05:57:07

Sounds cool, will try it out in a couple months

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2022-01-02 09:23:59

Okay had a quick look at this.
The game is a complex one, but the access is great, particularly the move to unit and move to city menu, which make swiping around the map only needed to see explored tiles.
One thing which is needed is poking different bits of the screen, since with the map taking up so much space, swiping is less use, indeed it'd be nice to get a straight off list of units or be able to have some bits of the interface in different menus, although poking either the top left of the screen for menu, or bottom right for the controls and commands of the unit/city your looking at helps.

One really odd thing, is the tutorial, since it's difficult to get a step mentioned a second time, or at least I'm not sure at this point how to review a step, got to city creation twice and had to redo it.

It's the sort of game a podcast about would be cool!
I'd also be interested if the developer is adding similar access to some of his other titles, he has a 4x futuristic game, some sort of strategic fantasy affair, and a city builder which all sound great!

Either way, when I've not been up all night I'll give this one another go, since it looks potentially fantastic!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-01-02 15:11:09

to make a tep you have buttons at the botton like go north northwest etc.
If you have an exploer unit you can use auto explore option to make him exploring undiscovered tiles.
I have three cities bilded, this game is playable but not confortable.

2022-01-02 20:19:19

@mojsior, from what I've seen, in the civilization mode at least, the game is still fully accessible in terms of everything being labelled, plus having several options to jump around the map to important things, that being said, the game is pretty dam complex nonetheless, and probably one that it will take a long time to get the hang of.

I'm also really looking forward to both the galaxy mode and the devs other dragon dungeon game becoming accessible.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-01-03 19:12:12

I'm honestly very impressed by this. It's basically Civilization, or at least one of the earlier versions. The accessibility is very well-done, and the game appears to include all the elements that made the original so addictive.

The Master of Orion clone which is included does not appear to be accessible yet. I'm a bit puzzled by the mashup, to be honest, they fit thematically together but game mechanics-wise are quite different.

Still, this is amazing value, particularly being free and ad-supported. The ads are not intrusive at all.

2022-01-03 21:56:45

yes, this plays very similarly to one of the first civ games. It could almost be a faithful recreation of civ I, except that this one already has terrain features, which were a later adition, and there does seem to be a bit more in terms of tech tree and government types. I'm kinda sad that it basically makes no difference what civ you play aside from city names, but one can always hope. I do like the mechanic of having to support techs with your science income, even in the latest civ games once you have a tech or civic you have it for good.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2022-01-03 22:02:21

In fairness if I recall early Civ games the civilizations were cosmetic as well. They only really started differentiating around Civ3 maybe?

2022-01-04 03:33:15

APologies for the double post.

I’ve tried CTMayor, another game from this developer. It’s essentially a clone of SimCity, and also accessible. I’m more of a Civilization fan personally, but this is also worth looking into, and a different experience from many we’ve had in the community before.

What impresses me most about these games is that they are available for free. I would be more than willing to pay a bit to support this developer’s accessibility work. He clearly is able to produce good games which are worth playing, so that deserves all the supportwe can offer.

2022-01-04 19:05:38

I have tried to play a city simulation game, but navigation the map is painfull, we need to swipe across the map to find a cleared tile in order to put residentials and other.
I dont understand some aspects yet, but I hope, that he will make this simcity game more acessible to, because I want to play ny god city building game.

2022-01-04 19:20:43

@15,

I agree, some more convenience features for map navigation would be helpful. I just try to remember my zone positions.

I'm going to contact him today and will certainly mention this in my feedback.

2022-01-04 23:55:23

At skline could you tell me how you can place powerlines? I bulldosed some arrias next to a water arria because that's where I want some residencial buildings to be placed, set up regions for the residencial arria and placed a powerplant nearby. But when I place a powerline between those to zones, nothing happens.
How do you build those powerlines?
Same with roads or rail services if you need those someday.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2022-01-05 00:16:46

Also, how do you actually build stuff?
I started a new tutorial game and placed 3 residencial zones next to a waterfront, because hey, who doesn't want to live near the water? Anyway, I bulldosed some trees away again and placed the zones and build a powerplant right next to them so both the zones are connected. Thing is now, the game tells me that the powerplant doesn't have any power. I'm confused abit big_smile.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2022-01-05 00:23:16

Hi Moritz,

You’re not the only one who’s confused. I have run into the same power plant message and am trying to figure it out. I’m not sure if it’s an accessibility bug or if coal plants need to be placed somewhere specific.

I’ve already written the developer and suggested he can add more accessibility support for the game. He said he will look into doing so in the future.

2022-01-06 11:32:44

Hello!!
Well, the only issue with this game is the map. It can be hard to know whats going on at times and its difficult to know where your units, cities and resources are at..
As someone said before, the game currently isn't confortable to play.

2022-01-06 12:49:20 (edited by omer 2022-01-06 12:49:40)

yeah the map is huge. I whish stuff have been divided into different headings

2022-01-06 14:23:43

I honestly don’t know what else they could’ve done to make the map much easier. You are able to zoom to units at any time. There are also reports on which units are threatening your cities, or visible in your territory, which are worth investigating. I think that it might be easier once you get used to the way it works instead of dismissing it as uncomfortable.

2022-01-06 14:34:28

@zkline
I think ways to filter parts of the map would be helpful for example view only the places where your units are, etc.

2022-01-06 14:59:53

You can already do that, in the nation menu, for units, or the cities menu.

2022-01-06 15:35:40

For people struggling a bit with the map, one technique that is helpful is to get a sense of where you are located. For example, if you touch the scroll bar, you can tell approximately how far along which edge of the map you happen to be. I happen to be on the East Coast in one of my current games, which directs exploration and such appropriately.