2022-01-06 16:41:07

I did a live podcast on Clubhouse with the developer of this game. It will be released in the next week or so, since I’ve been busy with the holidays. And when it is released I will post a link on here.

Audio game king

2022-01-07 19:30:22

is there anything new in the new update for accessibility? i don't know much about this game yet so i can't comment.

2022-01-07 22:09:49

I haven’t seen much in the new update, it seems like it was just a small release with a few changes. I know galaxy mode/Master of Orion isn’t accessible yet.

2022-01-20 13:32:16

That, definitely wasn't what I needed in my life at this moment. big_smile
I swear, if they make an ability to creat your own scenarios, I will be doomed.
It definitely scratches my civilization ich. I just deleted the folder I had on my computer with civ2 and stuff a year ago, because I thought I'd never play anything similar to this again.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2022-01-20 15:21:31

I think that if you use the map editor, you can definitely create your scenarios, or at least come very close. He added some functionality in the latest version to let you edit starting positions and so forth.

I personally can’t wait for the next update to improve the galaxy mode. It will be like having two strategy games in one.

2022-01-21 00:43:55

I am supremely happy at this game's accessibility. The learning curve is a bit steep, and the documentation is a bit vague, I can't find anywhere info on how much food, production, or trade each kind of tile starts with which I figured would be something to include, but it's easy to find out. So stoked to play the galaxy mode when available

2022-01-21 01:54:26

If nothing else, resources for Civilization 2 will have some of this info, such as this wiki page. I'm not sure why it was omitted from the encyclopedia, possibly accidentally? It's worth passing on as feedback to the developer since all units have more exact information.

2022-01-21 20:22:32

looks like there's voiceover fixes for galaxy mode.

2022-01-21 20:40:21

Ooh. I've been waiting for this version for ages it feels like.

2022-01-21 20:49:53

so is that all that's required to make the space version playable?

2022-01-22 05:55:01

I'm not sure if it's *everything*, there are still a couple places where the UI could be smoother, but it's quite playable now, if you use the map. I definitely recommend galaxy mode, as it's a little closer to the way Master of Orion actually works for the sighted, though the 1OOM project is still a lot of fun.

2022-01-22 07:59:51

the what project? sorry i'm not in the loup there.

2022-01-22 12:21:35

One thing I wish was present was a way to disband conquered cities in order to free up the space.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2022-01-22 13:18:20

Too bad it doesn't have an android version.  I love civilizations, and other classic games in that style.  I tried the world empire, world leaders, but I ended up getting bored with these.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2022-01-22 17:00:05

Hi,
So I've just downloaded this and need to sit down with it, but I just want to say how amazing it is that we can now play civilisation and master of orion, on our phones now!  I can't wait to play this and to see what other games this dev works on in future.

2022-01-22 19:16:29

Just a tip for anyone interested in galaxy mode...

Sometimes the sliders for production seem to get out of sync with what is actually produced. You can generally see what's actually going where by swiping up and down to refresh them. I suspect this has something to do with the code the developer used to make them read not just percentages but more meaningful info.

2022-01-23 09:07:42

ok people so i've tried looking at this game in galaxy mode. man i'm seriously confused. i can't seem to tell what happens within a year, i can't work out how you build stuff or send ships anywhere. or even how to work out if a system is close to me. could someone please help?

2022-01-23 13:56:31

To move ships, go to the item next to your planet where it says ships in orbit. Click on the colony ship next to the slider and I believe hit acccept next to the place you want to move to.  Bear in mind you can only move it 3 parsecs away at first.
Bear in mind I have no idea what I’m doing yet, I’m still trying to figure out the basics. It’s amazing the way all the information is read out though.

2022-01-23 15:05:18 (edited by zkline 2022-01-23 15:06:41)

Since this is basically Master of Orion, it can occasionally be helpful to read the old manual for info. I have a copy here on Dropbox. The manual talks about moving things with a mouse, but the UI for galaxy mode is very similar. The one exception seems to be combat, which does not appear to have its own separate screen from what I've seen so far.

Basically to move ships, tap on the orbiting fleet, slide the sliders to decide how many to send, and select a destination. Note that your scout ships by default have "reserve fuel tanks," which let you go up to 3 parsecs beyond your regular ship range. Finally, hit the accept button.

Hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any other questions, I'm very familiar with this game.

2022-01-23 17:55:22

I'm reading that right now and it is indeed very helpful.
I've also found a very descriptive introduction on youtube from years ago that I will link to later when I can find it. 
I am still confused on how researching technology works, as I've been given the ability to research a few, but the costs are so steap I won't see if that actually worked for years.
I might need to take money out of factories and put it into research to get the increased warp speed though as my colony ship can't get to the nearby places yet.
I can't wait to see the development of this game.  curious if he'll eventually add stuff from MOO 2 in future.

2022-01-23 19:13:17

Tech research is indeed a bit slow in the beginning, but the way it works is that you can adjust which item you want to spend points on. Hit the Technology button and then the "rates," button on that screen. From there you can adjust sliders to set which techs you research faster and which you ignore. It's a very elegant system.

2022-01-23 20:08:07

but can you set 1 thing at 100% and 1 at lets say 50%?

2022-01-23 20:14:07

No you cannot. The percentages must always add up to 100%, whether you're talking about planetary production or research. You only have 100% of the budget to spend, and adding to one category automatically takes away from another. There is a much more comprehensive strategy guide available online, but it's rather spoiler-heavy.

2022-01-23 20:27:52

Hello I remember that someone has done a podcast about this game on club house together with the developer do you have recorded this.
This game is really complex I am not good in this at this moment, but I am learning stuff.

2022-01-24 02:26:15

I personally can't wait for DD Heroes, which is basically Heroes of Might and Magic. I've wanted to try a game in that style for ages.