2022-01-02 23:49:46 (edited by sneak 2022-02-23 20:26:40)

Hello,
    Thank you for checking out WOW-Access V0.17. You're invited to our discord at https://discord.gg/a8K6jcn6VM.
You will want to download the following two addOns:
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ … etail.html[/url
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/ … ardUI.html[/url
    Details on the addons can be found at there respective links as well. Currently, WOW Access is mostly aimed towards assisting blind and VI players, while navigation is done by a sighted player. This is possible to do through Discord if you stream the game to a friend. While playing along with you, they can tell you where to move your mouse if you need to click on quest items or vendors. There are also a number of other addons that can automatically sell loot that you find, accept and turn in quests, and allow party leaders to control your follow state. Just do a google search for something you're looking for and chances are you can find it. "World of Warcraft Retail addon for Health alerts", etc.
    The second addon is more of an alternative user interface that uses the keyboard. It allows the player to perform many functions in the game, including using the spellbook, questlog, and game menu settings. This addon has been considerably updated since the release of .5.
    To install the addOns, first install WOW through the Battlenet application. Once that is done, launch WOW for the first time. Then, go into your World of Warcraft directory and find a folder called _retail. In there will be a new folder called interface. Then a folder called addOns. In this folder is where the Keyboard_UI and WOWAccess folders containing the lua files go. After that is done, simply launch WOW, and when your character is in the game world, the addons will automatically be active. If you get a message saying one or more of your addOns is out of date, select load anyways with OCR and then select okay. This shouldn't happen except for when new patches are released, which is only a couple times a year, and is quickly resolved.
A character creation GC file for 1920 x 1080 can be found on the discord server in the information channel. A more universal method for character creation is being worked on. All of the entries have been sorted into categories labeled A: through E:, with another group categorized as Nav:. You will select the create character option from the entries beginning with the letter A. Move to the option 'A: create character: Gender' and select male or female. Next select your race. Races are split between the two factions, alliance or hord. Make your selection by moving to 'B: Create Character: Alliance...', or 'B: Create Character Hord'. Some races are not available from the start and require you to unlock them. These selections all begin with the letter B.
    Next, select your class. These options all begin with the letter C. Some options are not always available depending on your race selection. You will want to do some googling to find out which races have access to what classes.
    Once these have all been selected, move to the option that says 'Nav: Create Character, next/finish'.
     On this screen, select 'D: Create Character, Enter Name' Type the name you wish for your character. It may not be available. You can select 'Nav: Create Character, next/finish' again here. Then move to E: Create Character, Starting Zones. If this is your first character, you will only have one option. Otherwise, you can either start with the Shadowland's tutorial zone, or begin in your racial starting zone, which can be looked up online.
Once this is complete, select finish once again, and you're done. You'll be brought back to the main menu where you can select enter world.
There are some controls to assist with selecting your realm. Realms are the servers you play on, so it's important to know which server you are playing on, or want to play on. If you don't care, then it doesn't matter really. It'll select one automatically for you.
    The retail version of World of Warcraft is free to play until level 20, so there's nothing stopping you from giving it a shot except having a computer that can run WOW.
Some things you will want to do when you first begin playing is to turn on the TTS engine with /tts. That's press slash, type tts, then press enter. When you press slash it opens up the console where you can type chat commands, run scripts, and execute other slash commands. Once on, you can do /tts help for more commands.
Next, type /DefaultVars Make note of the capitals in the command. This will set some acessibility options that complement the addons.
Next press shift V to turn on friendly nameplates so NPCs show up for you. You can repeat this command to hide them again if needed. This is already on by default for most users after using /DefaultVars.
You should be ready to play at this point.
A quick control list for WOW in general:
W = Move forward
S = Move Backward
A = Turn to the left
D = Turn to the right
Q = Sidestep left
E = Sidestep right
1- 0, dash, and equal sign = default action bar slots.
Tab = Target next hostile
shift tab = Target Previous hostile
ctrl+tab = Target Next friendly
shift+ctrl+tab = Target previous friendly.
/target name = Targets a unit nearby with the given name. Can supply partial matches.
/use <bag> <slot> Use an item in your inventory such as a quest item or food. I.E. /use 0 3 to target the item in the third slot of your first bag.
/equip <bag> <slotnumber> or if you know the exact name of the piece of equipment you want to equip, /equip name
F1 = Target yourself
F2-F5= Target party member's 1-4. Press the same key to target that target's pet.
Scrollwheel up and down = Moves camera in and out of first person view, useful if the person who is helpping you prefers one or the other.
Keybindings specific to the addon:
H: Quickly read off how much health and power you have.
Alt-A: Move to the previous memory location.
Alt-D: Move to the next memory location.
Alt-W: navigates to the next map stored in memory.
Alt-S: Displays an edit box for you to label and create a new location memory for review later.
alt-shift-s Begin the process of creating a custom saved location
alt-X Moves to the previous map stored in memory.
alt-delete = deletes the currently selected saved location.
alt-Q deactivates the beacon for the currently selected saved location.
alt-E activates the beacon for the currently selected saved location.
Alt-K = Reads out player zone information
Alt-J = Reads out basic player information.
Alt-L = Reads out the nameplates of the NPCs visible on screen, default distance is 60 yards.
Alt G: interact with target
Alt-U: Toggle between the nameplate audio queue settings.
Alt-I: Deactivate or activate the interact audio queue.
G = Target Last Hostile
F = Auto-Follow target
V = Stops TTS from speaking
Alt-[ = Read off previous visible nameplate.
alt-] = Read off next visible nameplate .
alt-' = Read currently selected visible nameplate.
alt-enter = Target currently selected visible nameplate.
alt-M = Toggle's the movementTracker.
alt-t targets your target's target. Useful for when in a group setting to target the same target as your party mmembers, or to aid friendlies with heals or target quest NPCs.
Features:
1. Keybound Stats: The add-on provides keybound commands to check statistical information, as well as keybinding interact and looting keys to the keyboard. A full list of the key commands is located above.
2. Tracking: When the player's target shifts, the name is announced along with its current health percentage, every 3 seconds there on forward, the target's health will announce assuming it has changed since the last iteration. This works for both friendly and hostile entities.
3. Self and Party Health Monitoring: Your health and your party's healths are monitored as they shift through different stages of health. Each stage is 20% of their maximum health. Four unique sounds relate to a specific party member that pans from left to right depending on their health stage. Your own health is tracked with a sound that lowers in pitch as your health does.
4. Directional Interface: The direction of the player is announced as it changes, using pre-recorded sound-files to convey the information.
5. There is now an audio queue when your character has moved more than 10 yards in any direction from the last time the sound has played. This indication is toggleable.
6. The ability to look, ('/look') which reads out the names of any units on the screen with visible nameplates. Adjust nameplate settings for best functionality.
7: Auto interact, the player will automatically move to the target and interact. For hostiles this implies auto attack, and for friendlies it attempts to pull up their dialogue, such as with quests. This setting is toggleable, since a spellcaster would not want to automatically enter melee range.
8. Nameplate audio queues: As name plates appear and disappear, two sounds indicating these events will play as well. Additional queues for when the nameplate belongs to a hostile, and two additional sounds for when your target's nameplate appears on screen and when it disappears off screen. This will tell you if you are facing your target or not.
9. Zone monitoring: As you change zones they will be read out to assist with navigation.
10. DefaultVars: The add-on will set the appropriate settings for best user functionality with this add-on. Vars that it changes are the displaying of friendly NPC nameplates, autolooting configuration.
11: The ability to switch between nameplate audio queue filters. The settings are all, hostile and target, and target only. All will play every audio queue related to the nameplates that pop up. Hostile and target only play sound queues for hostile nameplates and the target nameplate. Target only only plays the sound queues related to your target's nameplate.
12: The ability to locate and read the names of interactable objects in the environment with the mouse. Useful for locating quest items in the zone you are in. Move the mouse around for this functionality.
13: An audio queue will now play when the target is in an interactable range. Some times the queue will play just on the edge of the interact range, so just take a step forward towards the target and interact.
14. Location memory: Save, review, or delete location entries. They are categorized by the map they are located on. Press alt-w and alt-x to switch between saved maps. Press alt-D and alt-A to navigate saved locations on the currently selected map. Currently selected map will switch back to the player's current map after 5 minutes.
15. Navigation beacons: After saving a location and selecting it with alt-A or  alt-D, press alt-E to activate its beacon. To deactivate the beacon, select the saved location, and press alt-Q. Note, if you save a location and immediatly try to activate it, you will not hear it until you step away from where the location was saved. Only one beacon can be active at a time.
16: Corpse beacon, When you die, you can press alt-c, and a beacon will be placed where your corpse is so you can navigate to it and retrieve your body.
17. Collision detection: Whenever you hit a wall, a collision sound will play. This has some unpredictable results when on a moving object like a boat.
18. Nameplate review and targetting: You can now cycle through the currently visible nameplates that are on screen, as well as target them. Targetting the selected nameplate is not possible while in combat. Use tab and the f1-f5 keys to target units while in combat. This functionality is more for targetting quest givers that don't normally get targetted with the default ctrl+tab targetting keybinds.
19: Custom Saved Locations, Create saved locations with custom coordinates and names. Locate saved data in "_retail/wtf/account/YourAccountID/YourCharactersRealm/savedVariables/WOWAccess.lua". When creating a custom beacon, the global coordinates are the most important information. The mapID is also important information for categorizing the beacons.
20: Persisting Settings, Settings specific to WOWAccess are now saved across logins.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-01-02 23:56:56

That's cool. If it no longer requires sighted assistance someday I'll play.

Who am I? Simply me!

2022-01-03 00:01:12

Thank you. I think it's pretty cool too. While I don't have any lofty expectations to make absolutely everything accessible any time soon, it is the short-term goal to allow for questing and basic character management to be made accessible. Stop by in the future, and hopefully there will be something you'll be interested in!

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-01-03 00:53:24

0.02 has been uploaded and is awaiting approval by the admins.
Additions: There is now a directional interface that uses pre-recorded sound files to notify the player of their direction.

2022-01-03 02:17:58

Wow...may go check this out sometime in the next week. Start a new position tomorrow, so may not have time tonight...want to make a good first impression tomorrow. By the way, the pun was intended, I think.

Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God.

2022-01-03 03:24:21

Has anyone tried contacting them regarding at least making account / character creation accessible? That would definitely be feasible, not to mention a pretty huge step in combination with this mod.

2022-01-03 07:08:39

Looks cool. Definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on.

2022-01-03 09:18:41

Hi.
Sounds cool. I'll follow this with interest, and check it out, if it becomes accessible enough so we don't need sighted assistance.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-01-03 11:05:11

This is great to hear. WOW is a game I've been wanting to play for ever but of course couldn't. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this and it would be awesome if it gets to a point where we can play the game without having to rely on sighted help that much.

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2022-01-03 17:15:20

Nice, I'll keep an eye on this, and if it ever gets to a point where we can do everything without sighted assistance, I might try it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-01-03 17:31:45

Haily / everyone:  Once I get back into this soon, I can give a runthrough / detailed description of the character creation screen if enough people want it.

2022-01-03 20:09:08

Maybe someone could make a golden cursor script for the account and character creation screens?

2022-01-03 20:53:44

@12, would that even work though? I thought golden cursor depended on a ton of factors that vary from computer to computer?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-01-03 23:44:25

Just screen resolution.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-01-04 03:42:18

I'm going to be watching this mod closely, since world of warcraft was one of the games that I've been wanting to play for a good while now. I'm going to wait until we can play without sighted help. Then all we have to do is wait for someone to build a mod that'll make eve online playable, and then we'll be all good lol.

2022-01-04 07:41:34

Is this add on available for xbox?

2022-01-04 11:42:09

Will keep an eye on this, it's a very good start though

2022-01-04 13:53:03

i didnt even know wow was on xbox, but no, only pc

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2022-01-04 16:28:07

As of now, I won't pick this up just yet. I'd love to play WoW, but right now I'd just like to wait until I can do everything myself. That's the fun part about RPG's. Being able to navigate on my own and explore is most of the allure of the game.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2022-01-04 17:28:59

lol, world of warcraft is not on xbox, or any other console for that matter.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-01-05 04:31:36 (edited by Ethin 2022-01-05 04:32:03)

Even if WoW was available for console, you wouldn't be able to mod the game. You can't mod games on Xbox, or at least you couldn't last time I checked. I don't think you can mod games on any other console platform either.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-01-05 07:28:51

I'll keep an eye on this.  Once we can do things without sighted assistance I'll be down.

2022-01-05 08:25:04

Actually wow is available for xbox.

2022-01-05 19:40:01

no, no it is not.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-01-06 02:26:23

Yes it is. Go look it up in the xbox store.