2022-01-06 02:59:07

There was a rumor, nothing more. All searches lead to articles with no actual listings of any kind. If it happened, literally all the big news outlets would be mentioning it being released. It is not.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-01-06 03:14:40

Like I said though, even if it was you wouldn't be able to mod it. You can't mod games on xbox (or any game console). Your not supposed to be able to.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-01-07 23:10:39 (edited by sneak 2022-01-07 23:11:31)

I added a link to a GC file to assist with character creation in the first post. Instructions are also in the first post.
    I am working on a new feature for navigation monitoring, and someone else who has way way way more experience making addons for WOW is working on another to be used in conjunction with this one. I'm really excited for it, and will update you guys once everything is all set up for distribution.
Enjoy!

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-01-07 23:53:32

Oh, I almost forgot. If you load the game and the addon and not all the features work at first, do a /reload command. That's press the slash key and type reload, then hit enter. It'll pause for a moment, and then the addon should be ready for use. I'll add this info in the first post.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-01-08 12:39:52

sneak wrote:

I added a link to a GC file to assist with character creation in the first post. Instructions are also in the first post.
    I am working on a new feature for navigation monitoring, and someone else who has way way way more experience making addons for WOW is working on another to be used in conjunction with this one. I'm really excited for it, and will update you guys once everything is all set up for distribution.
Enjoy!

That's epic, thank you very much!

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2022-01-08 22:04:17

Hi all

@Sneak,

Impressive. I will certainly keep an eye on this.

@all others,
How can i use a golden cursor file? I did read about them every so often, but really haven't a clue about how to use them ...

Greetings, Mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2022-01-09 13:26:13

Find the information here. https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/ … or.en.html

2022-01-09 20:17:02

Hi

@sneak,

Thank you for sharing the link. I just bookmarked it smile

Greetings, Mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2022-01-11 22:21:42

I passed this on to the blind classic wow addon devs.  Once TTS fixes makes their way to the classic client we might be able to do both retail and classic.  Nice work Sneak, I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

2022-01-12 05:09:49

TTS is already on the classic game as of like, two months ago.

2022-01-12 09:09:17

I know.  They needed a bug to be fixed the tts.  It apparently was fixed in Retail now they're waiting for it to come to Classic.

2022-01-12 17:37:26

I'm hoping that sighted assistance is no longer needed soon enough and sound cues and the like can become enough of a help to play on my own, so that, I too, can be LEROY JENKINS!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2022-01-14 15:04:44

I updated the first post with new information and addons. Expect more features for WOW Access soon.

2022-01-14 15:16:50

You will want to redownload WOWAccess along with the secondary addon.

2022-01-14 18:13:57

Thanks for the update. That's an impressive list of doable things by now.
For me it looks like you solved many problems already, exept of the greater navigation things and spezific situations as some quest events. Of course the navigation stuff is the greatest problem but i mean WOW is an absolute group game. If you can do things like getting in specific zones and cities by your own and are able to do things like mob fighting and  farming there is the most important thing done. So many things even sighted players do in groups. 
Of course being able to quest by your own would be great if you haven't a person who levels with you together from the beginning but i think accessing traveling possibilities in the world could be the first great stepp in indipendent movement.
Some short questions, if you have time to answer.
How problematic is moving in a free zone? I mean, you won't have a greater overview but can you just walk around or will you hang on landscape details all the way without sighted help?
Is helping you as sighted player complicated in the actual state or could it be  done by everyone without a long introduction?
Thanks for your work and i think i will have to get some sighted person to test this in near future. Sadly my men both aren't great gamers...

2022-01-14 19:49:45

My fiance had no prior WOW gaming experience. She's about average at games, so it's probably doable by anybody really. If I have time and my computer can handle it, I'll make a recording and upload it to youtube or something. As far as navigation in an area, you can move around just fine, you will get hung up on items from time to time, but they're easily bypassed by jumping or side stepping. One of the improvements I'm going to add is a sound that tics whenever you move so far, the distance set by the player. At the moment, there's no way to know if you have stopped moving forward, as it'll continue playing the footstep sounds no matter what. So at least this way you'll know you are still moving" Not a perfect solution but it should work. One of the things the other addon is working on is quest tracking and getting the direction the player needs to go to them. There are still things like lava pits, water, flying, etc, that might prove more difficult to manage, but baby steps. We haven't explored many options, but there might be a toy in game we can get to assist with navigation that acts sort of like a walking cane. We'll have to see though.
I hope you're able to manage it! One sad thing I did not mention in the first post is that the zone information and coordinates are not available to you in the tutorial area that new players start out in. You will want sighted help with this. Again, this might be possible to fix at some point.

2022-01-14 21:38:44

hi
so it's a wonderful job to thank you for doing it. I would very much like you to demonstrate this

2022-01-14 22:14:19

Hi. This is coming along quite nicely. Is there a plan to hopefully allow us to create a character without the use of golden cursor? Is golden cursor just a temporary fix? Thanks.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2022-01-15 03:14:06

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about the character creation screen, or any of the screens that come before logging into a character. Addons don't have access. It would have to be done on Blizzard's part.

2022-01-15 07:27:13

@44, thanks. Is there anywhere to get instructions for how to use golden cursor?
Thanks.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2022-01-15 11:14:58

@45:
Just google nvda golden cursor and follwo the instructions.
If you have to create a mouse positions folder be aware of the given spelling.  I was a bit scared of the tool by  my self and than found out that's super easy to use.
@sneak: exept of the golden cursor files does any other part   of your addons relays on screen resolution? My pc hasn't the best grafik card and i would turn down the settings to get the game running.

2022-01-15 14:01:38

No, nothing else uses resolution in such a  way. I had a function before I released that read the current target that was under your mouse, but I removed it until I could figure out better functionality for that. It was how I was clicking on quest items in the environment on my own. However, even this did not rely on resolution.

2022-01-15 16:19:29

Hi everyone, how playable for those who are totally blind who do not have side of assistance?

2022-01-15 16:37:42

I would not say it is at all accessible for someone without sighted assistance. As it stands, you cannot complete the starting tutorial  zone without a very in depth walk through, knowing the quest NPC's names that you have to target, where to find them, and extremely good luck with dragging spells and abilities to your action bars. Not to mention all the settings that have to be set at the start.

2022-01-16 03:48:03 (edited by sneak 2022-01-16 03:49:18)

I just wanted to let you all know a new version of the Keyboard UI has been uploaded. The additions of dropdown menus have been added. I haven't had a chance to test this out myself. Enjoy.
    If you haven't checked out the keyboard UI, the addon description is as follows, and includes instructions upon loading it in game.
Version: 0.4
by: DahkCeles [More]
Keyboard user interface with text-to-speech for navigating some of the in-game lists.

For example, control-down/up to choose quests while the quest log is open. Then control-right/left to cycle between tracking, sharing or abandoning the quest, and control-enter to do the chosen action. Control-space to read the full quest description and objectives with text to speech.

Current modules:
- Popup messages
- Drop down menus
- Quest log (retail only)