2022-01-16 18:42:58

Hallo,
I could give the game and your helpers a try today and most things worked relativily well.
In your charaktercreation guide you set the select realm stepp at the end but you have to choose a server before creating a new charakter, otherwise you have to recreat the char on the new server. Maybe thats important for people who searched a specific server.
Can you add  a voice selection tap to the settings of the keyboard UI addon? I play in germany and could put the general tts on this language, but your addon still reads german texts in english xD
Can you explain what you mean with setting autoloot modifier to none? In which menu can i find this option and what did it does?
Selecting npcs and quest objects  works well with ocr and klicking with nvda.
In the wtf  folder under retail folder you can do sound and graphic settings in the config.wtf without sighted help, if someone needs this.

2022-01-16 19:36:54 (edited by sneak 2022-01-16 19:42:47)

Nice catch with the character creation screen. I didn't know you had to select a realm first. I thought it randomly selected one for you. Woops. I'll edit my post to reflect that. Thank you.
You can leave feedback and the like on the webpages for the different addons. There's only one person helpping me at the moment, and it's more like they're doing their thing and I'm doing mine, and we're sharing ideas and code. Anyway, the autoloot option is under interface and I believe misc? Maybe? I'd have to go in and check again, but it let's you loot everything from a corpse with a single mouse click. The default is to shift click to automatically loot everything from the corpses. You can set the modifier key to none though, and this will allow you to simply click rather than shift click. As for the TTS I passed the question along, though I'm unsure why it would be reading in english unless you need a german voice package or something. Will let you know soon. HTH

Update, He says he can, just has to figure out the proper methods, so that's good news!

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-01-16 20:29:35

Here's a direct message from him regarding the TTS localization.
To J.S., danke!  Thank you for reporting the issue with KeyboardUI using an English voice.  I figured out how to respect your choice of voices in the default user interface, regardless of language, so this will be fixed in the next version.

I will update the API documentation on the wiki for other addon devs so they know how to do this as well.

Finally, a note about translating.  Whenever possible, I re-use Blizzard terms so they translate automatically.  For the rest, I will put up a list on CurseForge for the community to translate.  If anyone in the community suggests a translation, I will generally include it in the next version of the addon and give an acknowledgement in the source code.
   -- DDC

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-01-17 14:08:30

Wow, thanks for the fast reaktion. I am sure, this will be great comfort for many players. In my experience most screenreader users are much better in understanding english with thier own language tts than reverse big_smile So the small english pices in the addon won't be such a big issue.

2022-01-17 15:36:54

Very nice! I'm Following this post with uge interest

Sorry for my english

2022-01-17 22:19:34

WOWAccess 0.04 has been uploaded.
I fixed a bug with the party monitoring code that was preventing it from playing the sounds correctly.
Added a movement tracker that plays an audio queue whenever you have moved more than 5 yards in any direction from the last point it played the sound at. This should give you an idea of the surroundings and if you're being blocked by an obstacle

2022-01-17 22:55:20

Unfortunately, I just tested this feature on the tutorial area, and it seems that because the boat is moving, and thus your own coordinates, it will continuously update no matter what. I think I might have a solution for this, or at least a potential work around. As it is, it should work fine as soon as you get off of the boat.

2022-01-18 07:09:16

Tested it in the beach starting area and it works well for me. Of course a bit unimersive but gives a feeling for movement.
After restarting the game i everytimes have  to reload before your addon works, the keyboard UiI still works already so maybe something in imitialicing your addon is wrong?
Did you have contact to  the developers of classic addons? Before building everything from the beginning you maybe can use many of their ideas or even some code. If you are interessted and didn't have the contact already i can try to connect you.
Where i would have to start if i want to try helping with the addons? I have a vague idea of Lua but ofcourse none of Wow Addons. Do you think it makes sense if i try to read my self in? Or does it need extreme work before being able to do anything?
Thanks.

2022-01-18 13:21:43

The reason why it doesn't work when it loads the first time is because I didn't put in an event capture for when the game is done loading. So it's trying to access API calls that aren't available yet. I have just been lazy, so that's my bad. The next version will correct this. As for making add-ons for WOW, these are the resources I use.
https://develop.battle.net/documentatio … -data-apis
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_API
You'll want to learn about events, frames, and the security system that the client has. For instance, you can't create an addon that moves and turns and casts spells on its own because those api calls are protected and will cause taint to any add-ons that call them, which means that the whole game locks up when you enter combat. It's not a good time. There are ways to call these correctly, but at the start it's best to not mess with them. HTH

2022-01-20 03:07:43 (edited by sneak 2022-01-20 03:14:50)

Some great news. Along with not needing to reload the addon, you will now be able to type /look and it will read out all the nameplates currently visible on the screen. This should be enough to get started in the tutorial zone on your own, and at the very least, enough to get you off the boat. Be sure to configure your nameplate settings. To display friendly NPCs, consult the command provided in the addon description. Once you are on the island, do be sure to keep track of your zone and coordinates with /where. Additionally, as nameplates are added and removed, sounds will play indicating as such.

2022-01-20 03:09:15

P.S. Nameplates only display when the unit they belong to is on screen. However, your target will display a nameplate at all times, so they will always show up when you look unfortunately.

2022-01-20 11:31:19

hi
maybe it's a stupid question for any version of me to download? world of warcraft classik or not?
thanks

2022-01-20 13:56:46

So what class would you recommend to a totally blind person playing this?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-01-20 14:34:18

For now I'm looking more forward to the mod for wow clasic, as they already have a considerable big group of blind players and they are waiting to blizzard update wow clasic with the solved bug of the tts, which is already fixed in wow retail so they can localizate the mod to other languages. Maybe you @sneak can contact with them and you can make use of their code, to try to make things speed a little? They have a discord server, which is this:
https://discord.gg/mQJNMwSP

Sorry for my english

2022-01-20 14:48:31

Personally, I would go with anything that has ranged attacks. Most of those will auto aim, turning your character towards the enemy. I play a monk, which has healing and melee, with a single ranged attack. I think mage, hunter, monk, warlock, cleric, might all be good. As for talking with the people who are making classic accessible, I would talk with them, except I don't know who to talk to about it, and I don't speak german.

2022-01-20 15:04:24

If I'm not mistaken, they have an international channel on their server.

2022-01-20 15:06:22

I read post 60 and 61 with the help of a translator, did I understand correctly that now when you press tab, ctrl + tab and so on, tts will sound the names of npc, monsters and other characters, and the /look command will read absolutely everything that you see Currently?

2022-01-20 15:18:51

yes indeed, they have an international channel on the server

Sorry for my english

2022-01-20 15:44:54

Hi:

I've been following this topic on and off for a while. So, how playable is it now with the mod? Is it at the point yet where we don't need sighted assistance?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2022-01-20 16:00:17 (edited by sneak 2022-01-20 16:20:09)

#67 Yes, that's exactly how it works. It will even read off their current HP percentage as you tab through. However, there is no command to target the next friendly NPC, at least not from what I could tell, so to target a quest NPC, you'll first need to look around for the NPC you want to target, and then do '/target name'.
Thanks for the information. I didn't see the international channel, but will head that way soon.
#69 You can't play without sighted assistance currently. Even once the spellbook is set up for the keyboard UI, you will still want sighted assistance to set up all the preferences you want. Ones like autofollowing, autoloot with a single click, setting up macros, though I can make a GC file for this one I think, setting up nameplates, ETC. That being said, the add-on has a lot of very useful functionality for playing with groups. You can now track how far you've moved, note your location by checking your map coordinates and zone location, tell which direction you are facing, monitor party health, target health monitoring, and check your statistical information such as health, power, level, and experience. You can also check to see who is all visible in front of you, very useful for exploring and knowing who is around that you can  interact with. You can also go through character generation with the use of the golden cursor file in the first post. There's also instructions on how to use it.
     If you also use the keyboard UI add-on along side this add-on, which I highly recommend, you will then have access to your questlog and can read through the various quests you've collected, as well as share or abandon any. Soon this functionality will be possible with the spellbook as well, which will allow you to set spells and abilities to your action bar all on your own.
TLDR, It isn't accessible enough to allow you to progress all on your own, but it's still possible to enjoy playing.

2022-01-20 17:25:29

Hi:

Thanks for the reply. Since I don't have any sighted assistance currently, I'll wait for this to become a bit more totally blind friendly. Keep up the good work.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2022-01-20 17:29:38

Hi, I'm asking out of curiosity, I'm not in a hurry. How much work has been done to be able to play without the help of the sighted?

2022-01-20 17:41:40

I've spent weeks learning LUA and digging through the API and event triggers to do all of this. How much work that comes out to, I do not know. Someone else with much more experience has also been working on the Keyboard UI add-on, and his code is already over 1000 lines.
    If you are instead asking for a list of features, click on the add-on links in the first post to read over their official release descriptions, or read through my posts on this thread. HTH

2022-01-22 00:04:41

Released a new version of WOW-Access. You no longer need to set up your own keybindings for the add-on commands. Autoloot settings and nameplate settings can be configured for the add-on with the /DefaultVars command. Be sure to note the capitals in the command. Consult the first post or the readme for a keybinding's list for the add-on.

2022-01-22 00:19:34

Sorry, left out one command, will update after I make this post. Press V to stop the TTS from speaking.