2022-02-04 01:55:09

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i haven't been following this thread closely, but what is currently doable with this mod?

2022-02-04 02:45:40

Here's the feature's list from the first post.
Features:
1. Keybound Stats: The add-on provides keybound commands to check statistical information, as well as keybinding interact and looting keys to the keyboard. A full list of the key commands is located above.
2. Tracking: When the player's target shifts, the name is announced along with its current health percentage, every 3 seconds there on forward, the target's health will announce assuming it has changed since the last iteration. This works for both friendly and hostile entities.
3. Party Health Monitoring: Your party's health is monitored as they shift through different stages of health. Each stage is 20% of their maximum health. Four unique sounds relate to a specific party member that pans from left to right depending on their health stage.
4. Directional Interface: The direction of the player is announced as it changes, using pre-recorded sound-files to convey the information.
5. There is now an audio queue when your character has moved more than 10 yards in any direction from the last time the sound has played. This indication is toggleable.
6. The ability to look, ('/look') which reads out the names of any units on the screen with visible nameplates. Adjust nameplate settings for best functionality.
8. Nameplate audio queues: As name plates appear and disappear, two sounds indicating these events will play as well. Additional queues for when the nameplate belongs to a hostile, and two additional sounds for when your target's nameplate appears on screen and when it disappears off screen. This will tell you if you are facing your target or not.
9. Zone monitoring: As you change zones they will be read out to assist with navigation.
10. DefaultVars: The add-on will set the appropriate settings for best user functionality with this add-on. Vars that it changes are the displaying of friendly NPC nameplates, autolooting configuration.
11: The ability to switch between nameplate audio queue filters. The settings are all, hostile and target, and target only. All will play every audio queue related to the nameplates that pop up. Hostile and target only play sound queues for hostile nameplates and the target nameplate. Target only only plays the sound queues related to your target's nameplate.
12: The ability to locate and read the names of interactable objects in the environment with the mouse. Useful for locating quest items in the zone you are in. Move the mouse around for this functionality.
13: An audio queue will now play when the target is in an interactable range. Some times the queue will play just on the edge of the interact range, so just take a step forward towards the target and interact.
14. Location memory: Quickly add and review locations you want to remember for later. Future releases will allow you to track these locations while you are in the same zone.
15. Collision detection. Whenever you hit a wall, a collision sound will play. This has some unpredictable results when on a moving object like a boat.
16. Nameplate review and targetting: You can now cycle through the currently visible nameplates that are on screen, as well as target them. Targetting the selected nameplate is not possible while in combat. Use tab and the f1-f5 keys to target units while in combat. This functionality is more for targetting quest givers that don't normally get targetted with the default ctrl+tab targetting keybinds.

Currently, I am working on a beacon system that will allow you to navigate to your corpse, and previously saved locations. After this is done, I will be also applying this feature to quest markers and map pins, which will enable an insane amount of autonomous travel.
There is also the Keyboard UI add-on that is recommended, as it allows for keyboard navigation across the user interface. The features currently available in the beta are questlog reviewing, which applies TTS to the quest info, such as name, description, and objectives. There's also a tooltip reader, which reads everything that the mouse touches in the user interface, spellbook functionality, which allows you to review and set your spells, static popup functionality,  and drop down menu navigation. I believe the next things being worked on in the KUI addon is menu navigation to allow for settings management, and maybe one or two other things that are slipping my mind. After that it will be inventory and vendor management, to allow you to review your inventory, search for items, equip them, and buy and sell at merchants.
Come check out our discord if you want to keep up to date with what's being worked on, what's possible, or just to talk about features you'd like to see. An invite link is also in the first post.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-02-05 03:51:22

Hi,

I think what would be good is an audio demo showing off at least the basics so new players can get a feel on how everything works out.

For me at least, character creation went fine and I'm now on the ship, problem is I don't know how I should target the captain and actually walk twards and interact with him.

Any hints there?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2022-02-05 10:42:03

sightlessHorseman wrote:

Hi,

I think what would be good is an audio demo showing off at least the basics so new players can get a feel on how everything works out.

For me at least, character creation went fine and I'm now on the ship, problem is I don't know how I should target the captain and actually walk twards and interact with him.

Any hints there?

Greetings Moritz.

I believe an updated audio demo is in the works. But things are changing and improving almost daily, so I think they are waiting until they can show a version which will not be outdated in a week.

2022-02-05 15:15:45

hi all,

Could someone please tell me on how i should install the .gc file mentioned in post#1? I did install the golden cursor add-on, i did also i presume paste the add-on folders in their respective place. But how can the .gc file be installed? Hitting enter on it doesn't do anything apart from spawning a screen which won't be of any use i suppose ...

I will await your replies.

Greetings, Mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2022-02-05 16:51:07 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2022-02-05 17:26:53)

Well it doesn't really help that we don't at least have something that we can go listen to to get familiar with the sounds.
For example, when I start, how do I reliably track the captain and talk to her? If I hit control tab to target friendlys, nothing happens, when I press tab on it's own, I just get two sounds after each other.

Something else, the guide says something about to type /tts.
so, does slash open some kind of text console where I can enter commands into or what does this do? Also, what does the slash DefaultWars command do?

Greetings Moritz.

2022-02-05 23:27:23

Hi all,

I did figure out on where to put the gc file, so please consider my earlier askedd question as not asked smile

I am currently exploring the menu's and how to play the game in general smile

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2022-02-06 14:39:39

Hey, another problem that just popped up, the TTS stopped talking and I can't reenable it by typing slash tts, any idea why that is and how it could be fixed?

Greetings Moritz.

2022-02-06 15:12:34

sightlessHorseman wrote:

Hey, another problem that just popped up, the TTS stopped talking and I can't reenable it by typing slash tts, any idea why that is and how it could be fixed?

Greetings Moritz.

It's a bug on Blizzard's end. You have to alt tab out of the game and back in after each start. That will fix it.

2022-02-06 15:16:11

Huh ok, that's one strange bug though, I gotta try if slash enableaddons works as well.

I still have problems locating characters though. I managed to find the captain who send me off to fight a combat dummy, I did that and should return to the quest giver.
Any idea how I can find the captain? I know that with slash tar Captain Garrick I can target her, but how do I move to her and interact? This is what I struggle with at the moment, finding stuff.

Greetings Moritz.

2022-02-06 15:27:49

sightlessHorseman wrote:

Huh ok, that's one strange bug though, I gotta try if slash enableaddons works as well.

I still have problems locating characters though. I managed to find the captain who send me off to fight a combat dummy, I did that and should return to the quest giver.
Any idea how I can find the captain? I know that with slash tar Captain Garrick I can target her, but how do I move to her and interact? This is what I struggle with at the moment, finding stuff.

Greetings Moritz.

Okay, so the guys on the Discord just found this thing. There is an option to auto move and interact with your target. You only have to set it up once and it'll work... mostly.
Press enter, press slash, then paste the following command and press enter.
run C_CVar.SetCVar("AutoInteract", "1")

The game will ask you if you want to enable custom scripts. Select yes.
From now on, if you have an npc or enemy targeted, just press the interact button (alt g) and your character should run over and interact with the npc or melee attack an enemy.

As far as I know, in the next release this setting will be turned on by default when you use the /DefaultVars command.

2022-02-06 15:47:55

Hi, thanks for the hint, it actually works smile.
Only problem is that apparently that command does ignore walls, I fought with private cole and when I now want to return to the captain my character seams to run into objects and walls quite often, I don't know if he is just scraping them or if it's just something the game does.

Greetings Moritz.

2022-02-06 17:23:59

WOWAccess 0.15.1 has been released. notable features are the ability to create directional beacons that lead towards a destination, a complete overhaul of the saved location system that actually uses the map system in WOW. Auto generating a beacon at the player's corpse to assist in corpse retrieval, and the ability to toggle automove to target. Check out the first post for more information and for a full keybinding list. This information is also in the readme. Enjoy and happy gaming.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2022-02-06 18:01:19

Okay, I'm really getting excited now, I'm going to wait for just a little longer until the beacon functionality is implemented, and then I'll pick this up. I'll need someone to do a jaws tandom session with me though in order to get it all set up. Incidentally, I did a demo with their text to speech functionality, so I've already got a character. I should probably take the demo off and reinstall so the mod would work properly.

2022-02-06 19:19:56

Hi!
There are plenty of posts, so I’ll ask the question.
I haven't played WOW yet. But if I decide to give it a try now, can I get started completely blindly? And is it worth playing with?

2022-02-06 19:28:36

In order to get started right now with WOW, you would need a resolution of 1920 x 1080, as that is the only GC file currently available that works. Otherwise, creating a character would require sighted assistance. After that step however, you would be able to get started and progress through many quests on your own without any sighted assistance. There isn't anything add-ons can do about the character creation step sadly, since add-ons aren't loaded in that part of the client. That would be up to Blizzard/Microsoft to change.
HTH

2022-02-07 00:16:29

so wait, we have to have the game set at a certain resolution in order to complete the character creation process? you mean you still have to be able to see in order to do that part of it? I'm totally blind, or am I misunderstanding something.

2022-02-07 00:16:44

can we craft or anything with the add on?

2022-02-07 00:29:14

You can complete the character creation process on your own as a completely blind individual, assuming you have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 because that is what the GC file is set to. Golden cursor is what you would use to complete that initial step. After that though, the add-ons take over once you are in the game. Crafting is not supported currently with either add-on, but may be in the future.

2022-02-07 12:09:34

can i get the main menu and character creation GC file ?

2022-02-07 12:17:41

hey!, look like i can not download the gc file in first post!, I got error 404.

2022-02-07 12:45:08

As I

2022-02-07 13:18:34

If you join the discord server, you can get the GC file from the bottom of the information channel. Dropbox is giving me issues right now, but this will likely be how I keep stuff available for everybody.

2022-02-07 13:20:23

I'll update the first post with this information.

2022-02-07 17:38:20 (edited by Diego 2022-02-07 17:39:00)

Hi guys!
The addon supports anothers languages of the game?