2022-01-06 23:43:46

@50, that node navigation system was I found yesterday and thought it was bad-ass. The list of choices is pretty awesome, too -- I absolutely love it. I might enable that alternative navigation mode though because that does sound a lot more useful.
As for the online servercies (and this is to everyone else), those include (but aren't limited to):

• Translate the currently focused object

• Recognize scenery

• Recognize text under the focus

• Face recognition

• Captcha recognition

• Slider puzzle verification

• Exam recognition

• Automatic OCRing of unlabelled UI elements, pictures, etc. (under CSR settings -> Advanced Settings -> OCR settings -> Automatically use OCR recognition)

The last two above the OCR recognition (slider puzzle and exam recognition), I think, could probably be used for cheating, or at least that's my theory (I've never used them). But the reason they're so cool is the accessibility of them. They're just right there. For some (like OCR) they happen automatically if enabled. You don't need to waste time going to your home screen and opening the app you want to use (or asking Google to do it for you). You just swipe up and right, tap advanced menu, and boom, right there.
For reference, here are all the options in each menu:

• Function menu:

• Clear

• Select

• Copy

• Append

• Paste

• Clipboard history

• Favorites

• Granular editing mode

• List copying

• Open keyboard

• Input

• Advanced menu in functions menu:

• Translate the currently focused object

• Recognize scenery

• Recognize the text under the focus

• Face recognition

• Captcha recognition

• View recognition results

• Slider puzzle verification

• Exam recognition

• Main menu (swipe down and right):

• Function menu

• Advanced menu

• Automatic browsing

• Reading mode

• List browsing

• Node browsing mode

• Granular browsing mode

• Read by character

• Read the whole screen

• Full text view

• Full text selection

• Voice assistant

• Recognize text

• Commentary camera

• Extensions

• Tools

• Program settings

• Disable browse by touch

• Disable speech

• Notification box

• Notification bar

• Advanced editing mode

• Edit gestures (this confused me at first, its application-specific)

• Enable curtain

• Virtual screen

• Quick browsing

• Detailed focus capturing mode

• Virtual navigation

• Edit dictionary

• More menu in main menu: contains every assignable gesture commentary supports

I hope this helps people who haven't used CSR yet.
I am curious though: what is the difference between the notification box and notification bar? Notification bar didn't appear to do anything when I tried it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-01-07 00:01:03

great list of awesome features, that's indeed goddamn convenient to use, will free up some slots in my apps drawr, it's kinda overflowing in there. About the notification bar vs notification box, notification bar is just bringing you to the upper side of your phone where your notifications are, equivalent to right, then down with talkback. Problem with that is some manufacturers like to clutter the notification bar with things like wifi controll, volume and so on, plus most of the time notifications don't respond nicely to the actions menu, tb makes it work artificially. With the notification box, you get all of them in a single place, regardless of device type or whatever, with an accessible interface to manage them, something some android skins don't allow to do accessibly.

2022-01-07 00:12:47

Cool, thanks a bunch for all of these!

2022-01-07 01:25:10

hello.
I want to try CSR, but it's not responding after like 5 minutes I locked the screen. I'm using VivoY93 with android 8. Do I have to upgrade to android 10 or 11 to use it?
if so, I've tried to go to settings>system updates, but I don't see any options to upgrade to the newer version of android OS
o and... is there any free voices that I can use other than eSpeak? because google TTS has a little bit of lag on my phone

best regards, muhammad chafid

2022-01-07 01:45:09

@54 your phone is going to be on that version of android and you may need to get a new phone with android 11 or 12

2022-01-07 03:06:30

@danang137, you don't need to update, CSR supports android8, maybe you didn't set up Commentary correctly. See my audio walkthrough for instructions. if you still want help, let me know so I can help you. Part1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mzhkD … sp=sharing Part2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ropCgK … sp=sharing

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2022-01-07 03:32:27

@56 thanks so much. Will check them out soon

2022-01-07 04:22:37

41, why would you need a refund policy, considering the fact that the program has a free version for review, and or permanent use?

2022-01-07 07:01:41

Not to mention, paypal can be used to refund it anyhow.

2022-01-07 08:25:01

@46, when I turn on CSR, right when it comes on I get a message in Mandarin telling me I can't customize up, down, left or right gestures. I don't know what gestures specifically it's refering to, but the message is there. So there's a missing piece here somewhere.

Discord: clemchowder633

2022-01-07 08:57:46

Um, CSR doesn't give you that kind of thing anymore. What version are you using?

And the new sync key is

2022-01-07 10:17:55

Hi all,
First of all, @50 and @51; thanks a bunch for that list of commands and menus respectively. I myself was confused when I tried to use commentry at first as I could not see any list of gestures as well as  had some confusion regarding the inverted gestures which Nidza cleared in her post.
I still have some questions regarding this which I hope could be cleared-
1. Can someone explain what features are not available in the free version of commentry as compared to the payed one? What restrictions are there in the free version if any?
2. In the payed version, the access we get is for life time or a fixed period of time?

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2022-01-07 11:34:16 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2022-01-07 11:35:28)

thanks a lot for this! we definitely need a single web page just like post 50 and 51, or if some of this can be embedded into a help screen or tutorial or something easier to navigate inside the phone that would rock.

Only two things I would miss:
1. be able to switch language on the fly
2. braille input, is there any app that does this besides the google keyboard and works with commentary?

as for the OCR,... eye pro  lets you share an image with it just as if you were to send it to someone, recognizes scenery, text and lets you share the saved results and so on. Lookout is for you when you need an active camera going, like real time OCR. Does commentary offer something more convenient than this?
the translation I guess would be useful only if you don't really know or speak a language well, but I do, so its kinda pointless to use it during chats and so on.

and yeah I discovered the check boxes for navigation and extended nav and features and it made it so much better.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2022-01-07 12:04:44

@63, imagine the following thing: You are on a website where people post images, but they are not described because it's not facebook or something to autodescribe them. In that case, you turn that feature on and whenever you pass across an image with the focus, csr will do its thing and attempt to label it with a scene description or ocr. Similarly, if you have an inaccessible app, you can use ocr on the screen and csr will allow you to click on text and such things, kinda like voiceover screen recognition. Those features are paid I think, so perhaps you won't be able to use them.

2022-01-07 12:43:56

Hi,
New Android user here. What is the best place to get Commentary and learn all the gestures etc?

I recall there being a telegram group, but I haven't had an android device in over 2 years. smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2022-01-07 13:09:03

@65, the place to get Jieshuo / Commentary is at https://github.com/nirenr/jieshuo/releases
And in case you want to join, the link to the telegram group is https://t.me/jieshuochat.
To your question about the gestures, you can refer back to post 50, and 51.

2022-01-07 18:24:50

I mean, in fairness, Talkback doesn't have a default gesture list either... you just go into the customization menu and they're all listed there. And as of the update and most recent version, that message has disappeared, which I'm happy to see. But switching my navigation to characters and then swiping up or down with one finger doesn't seem to navigate by chosen unit... am I missing something here?

2022-01-07 18:53:08

@67 are we talking about inverted gestures or standard?
In inverted, by default assuming you enabled the feature, you swipe down to characters and then swipe right to navigate. If, however, you enabled alternative navigation mentioned in post 50, then you'd swipe up and down in a single motion to select the navigation choice, and then swipe up or down to navigate by the selected choice.
It should work.

2022-01-07 19:09:46 (edited by assault_freak 2022-01-07 19:28:13)

Pretty sure I'm using default gestures as I haven't changed anything... but neither of the things you've described seems to work.Maybe I'll try again later... but eeven just looking at the home screen and trying to read an app name by character, swiping up and down seems to flick between pages on my home screen. Also, in settings, there still is a message that says customizing the up down left and right gestures is only available to users of the full version. Here are the settings I have.

Swipe up and down with three fingers: previous / next navigation type
up / down gestures with single finger: previous / next navigation unit

But swiping up and down with three fingers doesn't announce any changes, just vibrates, and up and down simply scrolls.

2022-01-07 20:01:15

Yeah, it clearly doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
Swiping up and down with 3 fingers in this case should definitely announce what you just selected.
Now, multy finger gestures work only on Android 11 / 12, and to be honest I'm not sure if they work on all devices.
Haily said above that they work even on non Samsung / Pixel phones unlike with Talkback, but I don't have any device to test this on.
You also need to make sure that multy finger gestures are enabled.
Operation settings / other settings / enable multy finger gestures should be checked.
I also never got any message after installing about certain gestures that can't be changed, neither in  Chinese nor in English. That perhaps signifies multy finger gestures being unsupported? Just a guess though.
Either way, you should be able to use single finger gestures for this without needing multy finger ones.

2022-01-07 20:03:56

Just chiming in that there is a manual, of sorts, for Commentary, which can easily be plucked from the telegram group. COuldn't tell you how up-to-date it is, but most of it should still apply:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/amhkyvev4wrfa … .html?dl=0

2022-01-07 20:05:42 (edited by assault_freak 2022-01-07 20:06:23)

MY Galaxy s10 supports multifinger gestures for talkback... and the message is there. Look in the operation settings under gestures. If you're using the full version it might not display that message. the message in Chinese when you first load Commentary doesn't show up anymore, which I'm fine with. But unless the translation is out of date, it definitely says the same thing when you go into customize a gesture scheme. So no, it's not working the way it's siupposed to... little things like this adding up were why I stopped using it. A lot of things just didn't seem to work as advertised... lol. Swiping up and down with one finger should not navigate me between pages on my home screen... what? big_smile

2022-01-08 00:15:36

@56, could you please check your links again? I got a page not found when I click both of them

2022-01-08 01:11:20 (edited by juan reina 2022-01-08 01:12:51)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mzhkD … sp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ropCgK … sp=sharing

And the new sync key is

2022-01-08 02:22:02 (edited by muhammad chafid 2022-01-08 02:23:20)

@74 thanks for the links smile
I'm a bit curious though, as to why the link in post 56 doesn't work. Did you delete the files?