2022-01-08 00:16:23

Hi.
I noticed that the future life topic was closed. however, there seems to be a mistake in who the original poster was in this thread. The developer is not manamon player, but someone by the name of maragaz. I am a little confused as to why manamon player received moderation in this topic.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2022-01-08 01:16:48

That, and the original post in the topic still  has a link to the game.

2022-01-08 07:36:40

lol I thought I'm band Then I saw that they fixed it. Also, future life is in new releases room but not in the general game discussion. In the blanket ban list

2022-01-08 21:52:50

the game is shit anyway. who cares. seriously stop cloning shit.

2022-01-09 05:04:28

Fixed this late last night. It was Maragaz as the thread now states, but I had gotten the users mixed up given there were clone discussions in the other topic. Oops.

2022-01-10 10:35:48

I've just discovered that my nickname is being mimicked.
It doesn't appear that my account has been hacked, however.
I also don't know whether the person did this intentionally and whether the severity of the original punishment should increase as the result of my discovery.
One thing is for sure.
I would never answer to questions regarding any game in such a way.
For a moment I thought about stopping reading the Future life topic in new releases, but finally I read it entirely.
If it wasn't closed, I would reply there with these clarifications.
For now, I'm waiting for the release of Sable and I'm going to make games using it.

Hope I clarified everything and that you know I'm not the person who created the future life game.

2022-01-10 17:10:32

What? You never were the person who created it. The username of the developer is maragaz, not Mara.

2022-01-11 07:32:41

This is what proves that my account hasn't been hacked.
If the dev intended this, then obviously the intend would be harmfull.
If the dev just didn't check the user list and just came up with a name he thought is unique, then certainly that would mean he didn't intend to harm me.

2022-01-11 23:01:45

I'm confused as to what you're going on about mate.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2022-01-12 11:02:35

This is quite simple.
The future life's dev, by using the name mara guest, micked my nick name.
I'm just wondering whether this influents the punshment.

2022-01-12 11:49:53

LOL, This is not even related, Their name is maragaz, m,a,r,a,g,a,z, And besides I'm sure 99.99% of people didn't even think of you're user name when seeing the user, And probably that 0.01% is only you, So I don't think you have to worry here.

2022-01-22 18:14:21

@6 WTH? Your name is a common Polish word, and I could find a hundret Polish words, and maybe 20 Spanish ones which contain this string. Get off that high horse.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2022-01-22 22:11:07

@12, what does Mara mean? I'm curious

_____

2022-01-22 22:12:04

What I wanna know is will anything happen to the pot stirrers for needlessly needled Maragaz over and over and over?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2022-01-23 12:06:41

Oh, now I see that probably not.
I thought the name was being spelled as m a r a g u e s t.
I was apparently too lazy to read that nickname character by character.
So now I need an advice.
When I originally signed up, I just had the automatic language detection disabled.
Thus I was reading everything using the Polish espeak (I mean Espeak MG, not the one for sapi) and eventhough everything was being read using the Polish pronounciation rules, I could understand everything.
The advantage of this is that the words "gaz" and "guest" are pronounced totally differently (I would write this in IPA if I knew the rules).
Then, at the university, I found out that if I wanted to countinue studying both Russian and English, I would need to read both Russian and British literature.
Since I hate literature and I would have Russian literature no matter what I chose (I'm studying at the Russian filology), I finally chose the Russian business language speciality so that I had only the Russian literature.
Then, my mother said that if I didn't practice English, I would forget about everything, including the pronounciation.
I had been thinking about this and decided to enable the automatic language detection.
And this is how it is now.
So now I have two choices.
Either return to how it was in the past (with the language detection disabled) or leave it on but then read character by character any doubtfull words.
Which one do you recommend and why?
This is a very difficult choice for me, because I know they have their advantages and disadvantages.

2022-01-23 14:12:10

@14 what do you mean?

_____

2022-01-25 12:57:03

"Mara" means either a nightmare (not used anymore, used from the 13TH to the 17th century) approximately, might also mean a night ghost. I love Polish BTW. ALmost as much as Chinese.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2022-01-25 14:34:15 (edited by George_Gaylord 2022-01-25 14:34:43)

Wow. How could that be common if it hasn't been used in 400 years lol? Still interesting to find out though

_____

2022-01-25 22:26:01

Its common when saying about night ghost. Its not used for "nightmare" anymore.

2022-01-25 23:58:00

@19 thanks for the clarification. Polish is a cool language although the limited use of vowels is too much for me.

_____