2022-01-28 08:57:27

I run windows 11 on one of my machines with JAWS, NVDA, and Narrator and all three run fine and windows 11 is stable and doesn't crash on my machine

2022-01-28 11:25:46

I can only speak very well of Windows 11. I installed it on a laptop and a desktop, and both of them would not reach the specs. Both are fine, they never crash.
For those who asked the question about ribbons, the Windows 11 explorer doesn't have ribbons but it has a similar menu for us to the old menu bar.

2022-01-28 16:22:37

I'm glad they ditched the ribbons. I never found it a very intuitive way to navigate using a screen reader.

2022-01-28 19:01:10

Windows 11 will be getting some new voices this year hopefully. I recorded a demo where I install the new natural voices and use them with Narrator. It's still a bit buggy since this is a beta. I was only able to get one voice to work and they appear to only work with Narrator.
https://christopherw.me/files/Win_11_Natural_Voices.mp3

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2022-01-28 20:02:02

Hi guys! I have been using windows 11 for a few months now and I can say it works fine. Although I had to manually install it due to my tpm not being enabled and me being a lazy ***, well, not actually, just that I could not get in touch with a sighted person who knows a bit of tech to help me through without breaking my whole system, but meh, as I said, after I had to take this step and I got used to the new layout, I encountered nothing but a few bugs related to task bar navigation and so on, things which got fixed via the updates, so nothing else to say.

The crazy poem writer who makes the darkness brighter, L-L

2022-01-29 03:54:57

These new voices seems cool. But Microsoft probably won't let us using those voices with NVDA anytime soon.

2022-01-29 04:12:47

Hi Folks,

Both my wife and I are now seeing the option to upgrade to Windows Eleven. From what I read here, Windows Eleven sounds like it would be really cool to try out, but I am concerned about one thing. Is upgrading to Windows Eleven possible without any sighted assistance? I only ask because I've heard some say that it is possible, and others say that sighted assistance may be needed to do this. I know some of you have upgraded, so I was just curious if there were any issues with the proces itself.

2022-01-29 04:56:52

@32 yes, once your sysyem reboots to install you would wait and allow it to install and once you get speach back you will be able to use your system again

2022-01-29 06:18:43 (edited by mazen 2022-01-29 06:21:47)

No, you don't need sighted assistance. You just tell it to upgrade and it will reboot a few times and install. Then you'll be on the windows 11 desktop.

2022-01-29 10:49:15 (edited by Chris 2022-01-29 10:50:15)

I recommend performing a clean install of 11 if you plan to migrate to it. I've never liked in-place upgrades, but it might go smoothly for you. There's only one way to find out. Windows 11 isn't that exciting, so unless you really want it, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

2022-01-30 06:23:25

Hey guys.
So, been using win11 since late november and I haven't had any problems.
I just can't get global war simulation not to crash while using wsa.
Just one question that might be a little off-topic.
So I'm planning to get a desktop at the end of this year. I bought a win10 product key in 2019, which was used on an old machine.
Apparently, if you remove the machine from your microsoft account, you can reactivate windows as the product key is apparently linked to your microsoft account.
I don't want to buy another win11 key if I can just upgrade from win11 and use my old key to activate.
Will this work?
Thanks.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2022-01-30 06:53:50

Depend on what type of product key you have. If it's an OEM key, even you deactivate the computer from your Microsoft account, the product key is still tide to your computer's hardware. So you can't use to activate on another computer. But, if it's a retail key, you can remove the product key from your old computer, and transfer it over to your new computer.

2022-01-30 07:38:39

Thanks. I bought the key directly from Microsoft and after I got my new machine I went to the Microsoft website and removed the device from my account. Is that how I deactivate it?

2022-01-30 14:28:08 (edited by Chris 2022-01-30 14:36:06)

Remove the device from your Microsoft account. You'll also want to perform the following on the computer you wish to deactivate. Type slmgr /upk into an admin command prompt window. This should uninstall the product key. I'm not sure if it gets rid of the digital license status for that hardware, so you may have to call Microsoft if the same key refuses to activate on your new machine. One way to test this would be to run the above command, erase the disk, and install a clean copy of Windows. Connect it to the Internet and see if it automatically activates once again. I thought this command would get rid of that, but as I said, I've never used it and it's only useful for retail keys, not OEM ones. Your Windows 10 key should be able to activate the corresponding edition of 11 with no issues from what I've been told. You should be able to go as far back as Windows 7 keys unless Microsoft got rid of that feature.

2022-01-30 14:41:15

Only problem, the machine no longer belongs to me. I could ask my friend to whom it was given if he would be willing to deactivate the copy of windows. If he doesn’t, I’m going to have to buy another copy which I really don’t want to do.

2022-01-30 14:57:11

Hmmm, I wouldn't have given it away like that. You may want to buy another key in that case.

2022-01-30 19:04:21

yeah, I would just buy a new key

2022-01-30 22:15:08

I want to upgrade the computer which i bought for school to windows 11 as it appears ready to upgrade from windows update, but I have a question:
A girl from the Elten Russian community said that she had sound issues after upgradeing to windows 11, as if the audio was mono and she said it felt lie she had a pair of very poor quality of speakers instead of headphones, and downgraded to windows 10 for this reason
So did any of you have this issue or any issues related to sound?
Thanks

2022-01-30 23:35:16 (edited by Boo15mario 2022-01-30 23:35:38)

@43 no audio issues like that. mine just has to do with sleep mode on my HP machine. I would check and see if it is running the latest drivers for windows 11

2022-01-31 02:31:44 (edited by KG4RDF 2022-01-31 02:35:26)

I have an Acer Swift X that I bought recently. It also has been yelling at me repeatedly to upgrade to Windows 11, but one thing stopping me is that I use the Speak Dropbox program. I heard on a podcast that the option to always show all icons in the notification area has been removed in 11, thus making that program potentially not be able to read the Dropbox system tray icon. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I still play BGT games, so will I have to do anything other than create an excluded folder in Windows Defender? I already have done this in 10, so unless I do a clean install, I wouldn't have to worry about that part I assume.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2022-01-31 03:19:34

you can add everything back to the task bar by pressing them to the on button with th toggle and I was able to get it back like that from the taskbar settings

2022-02-03 21:55:59

OK, I get what you meant there I think. Thanks. I may try it soon, then.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.