2022-01-26 11:47:57 (edited by Wanderword 2022-03-23 16:50:19)

PunBB bbcode test

What is The Bard's Tale - Warlocks of Largefearn?
The Bard's Tale was a title initially released in 1985, and has subsequently had multiple sequels - with the initial title having sold over 1 million copies. We are now excited to work on a new addition to The Bard's Tale franchise, in the form of The Bard's Tale - Warlocks of Largefearn.

The Bard's Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn is a hands free, voice controlled semi open world Role Playing Game. If you are up for something different, don't hesitate to give this a try!

You can play as one of four classes
- Fighter
- Practitioner
- Rogue
- Bard

Depending on the player class chosen at the start of the game, this will lead to different types of progression for the user once the level up occurs. Some levels will unlock new proficiencies, allowing for new types of armor and weapons to be equipped. Other levels allow for you to freely distribute attribute points between Strength, Constitution and Intelligence.

In addition to your own character, you can also be accompanied by companions who will not only provide additional detail and help when adventuring through the Largefearn, but you are also able to control them in combat - and we all know that two swords are better than one when facing down enemies!

To play on an Amazon Alexa Device, or through the Smartphone and PC Alexa App you can simply say;
Alexa, open The Bard's Tale

Or visit:
https://www.amazon.com/Bards-Tale-Warlo … 09N9Y95NY/

To play on an Google Nest Device, or through Google Assistant you can simply say;
Hey Google, talk to The Bard's Tale

Or visit:
https://assistant.google.com/services/a … 3d9f408683

To learn a little more information, you can visit the website here:
https://www.wanderword.net/releases/the … argefearn/

Or check out a gameplay example by Liam Erven on YouTube here:
https://youtu.be/2WcriWHhX9Y

Any questions or queries at all, please just let us know as we're always happy to talk about our titles! smile

//Adrian
Wanderword

2022-01-26 12:20:22

Hi!

I've tried running the game on my TV with Amazon Fire TV stick but for some reason Alexa can't get what I am saying. That's weird as I can run the game on my IOS device without any trouble.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2022-01-26 15:48:00

How much does it cost, and can I pay for it with Google money if I use Google assistant?

2022-01-26 16:34:26

Hi! I just started playing on my alexa app on my phone and try opening the store, but i am told i am unable to make any purchases. Why is this? I try looking in account settings, but am unsure if purchases are enabled. What do i do? I live in europe.

2022-01-26 20:16:07

Unfortunately, you absolutely need an echo device to make purchases, but on the Amazon website, you can open the skill page there and the purchases will be listed and can be made.

2022-01-26 21:11:35

I like this game so far.
My question is what is paid in this game.
@lirin I dont know why you have problems with this game.
I am not good with speaking english but tthis game recognizes all sentences with no problem.
Maybe you have any problem with internet connection.
Remember that this game is streammed and every commend and reply to it is given via server.

2022-01-26 23:10:29

@5, ah, i see. I thought it would let me do the purchases through the alexa app. Could you give me a link for that?

2022-01-26 23:29:51

Here it is
https://www.amazon.com/Bards-Tale-Warlo … amp;sr=1-3

2022-01-27 02:35:37

Thanks! I have some trouble making the purchases. I am unable to add the items to my cart. I am told to click a buy now or something, but i do not see it. On my phone, i use voiceover.

2022-01-27 09:38:14

Just remember it's not available everywhere. I needed to change my amazong address etc and after that I was able to buy the game.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2022-01-27 11:19:05

@Lirin
Is it unable to detect anything that you're saying at all, or are you able to reach a certain point in the game before this problem happens?

@KenshiraTheTrinity
We use Googles Monetization, so when playing through Google Assistant you should be able to - please let me know if you have any problems!

@mojsior
Two classes are free to play, those being the Fighter and the Rogue - as well as a limited section of the game. The full version includes two additional classes, the Bard and the Practitioner, as well as full access to the game.

@Computergamer
When viewing the Skill Page, does your voiceover read some text regarding "By clicking 'Buy now with 1-click"....?

I'm also excited to say that we area working on a version of The Bard's Tale - Warlocks of Largefearn for smartphones, which will be available in the iOS App Store and in the Google Play Store in the not so distant future!

2022-01-27 13:10:01

@11, that is what my voiceover tells me when i view the skill page. I see a image as well, but have no idea what it is. I see no button to click on in regards to the buy now with one click.

2022-01-27 15:00:21

Wow. I’m really enjoying this game. Not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes in combat, when you tell your character or companion to step backwards, it doesn’t register. Also, the position system is a little weird, and I feel it could use some more text for positions. Like back center, front center, and middle center instead of using back left, back right, etc. Because you don’t really know where you are. Yes I know the look around command works, but still that isn’t really helpful. I would rather know exactly where I am then just left or right as I said, what if I was actually in the center? Anyway, loving this game.

I love audio games.

2022-01-27 15:53:29

Wow! If the mobile versions are accessible also then I'll just wait for it to come to the playstore to buy it. That would definitely be more convenient for me. I did try the demo on Alexa a few weeks ago and really like it, so for sure looking forward to this. Thank you for the game! smile

2022-01-27 16:24:48

Yeah, if the game will be released for ios and android later, that may make purchases easier for me. I really liked the limited part of the game on alexa.

2022-01-27 17:09:03

What are y.ou talking about, this game can be played on ios devices on alexa app but I didnt hear that this game will be released directly on ios

2022-01-27 17:59:11

hello! i have a bug. when i go to adventurers guild and when i open my journal game speak me that i can not purchase  content and return for opening a journal. and i can not continue a game. i from russia.

2022-01-27 21:01:29

Okay. I’m confused. So, I completed the main quest line, got the stuff for the blacksmith, and also bought the mysterious disc. What I’m wondering is, what are you supposed to do with the disc? It says something about water and a tune coming from it, but I can’t seem to figure out how it works.

I love audio games.

2022-01-27 21:20:31

Hi.
Amazing. Congratulations on the release of this awesome game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-01-28 09:31:38

@Wanderword
Well, I can run the game on my  IOS device but not on my TV stick for some reason. I can run other skills like Starfinder but When I am trying to start The Bart's tale Alexa just don't know what I mean and it's trying to search for games on the amazon store instead of running the skill.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2022-01-28 22:00:45

@Sethgamer
Thank you for the feedback and the suggestions, I'll be passing this along to our developers to check out! smile I'll also PM you a little hint in regards to the disc... I wouldn't want to spoil anything for anyone else!

@Computergamer
We are working on the smartphone version - but I don't have any dates that I can mentioned... just yet!

@mojsior
We are working on an iOS version at the moment, when it's ready to go live - I'll make sure you're in the know.

@igggggoreha
Are you receiving any error message when trying to close the journal?

@SLJ
Thank you for the kind words! smile

@Lirin
I'll check in with our Technical Team on this small issue for you, and will PM you a reply as to this as soon as possible!

2022-01-28 22:54:23

Hello, i'm from Serbia, and i have problem like player from Russia. I mean on post 17

2022-01-29 00:09:33

OK, now I’m confused again. I have managed to solve the disc puzzle, now I’m wondering if there is a way to get down the sink hole next to the adventures guild.

I love audio games.

2022-01-29 00:26:43

yes, i have same problem

2022-01-29 23:54:05

Any suggestion how to solve problem which have I and igggggoreha I 'm from Serbia, and he is from Russia, and both  of us have similar problem. Any suggestion please, is it possible to change location country, maybe it solve a problem?