2022-02-01 10:50:41 (edited by Ethin 2022-02-01 10:50:56)

@25, lol yeah, I didn't read that far. If this were anything like NAZI Germany then every person who had a disability would be hunted down and killed, so Chris wouldn't ever have gotten the opportunity to even write that post. Just wow. He really doesn't know what he's talking about.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-02-01 11:25:11

I got vaccinated... Don't yet have the booster but I hope to get it soon. I've read statistics... Apparently those in the hospital from Covid are for the most part unvacced.

2022-02-01 13:52:35

Pretty much agreed, Chris. It's an absolutely unpopular opinion because in such cases everyone acts as a sheep and does what they have been told.
On the other hand, re: parliaments and obligations. In Hungary it's indeed true, check and international news site. Most of us are obliged to be vaccinated because of university, school, work, etc etc, but in the parliament, this obligation simply, doesn't exist at all. I don't know why and how this could happen, but it's the painful truth.

2022-02-01 14:25:20

What I never get with this kind of discussion is how this sentence ("Get vaccinated, and then life with the concequences") people like Chris are always saying makes the slightest bit of sense. The probability for getting complications with the vaccine are so unbelievably much less than the probability of getting complications with Covid. It's like they throw any kind of common sense and logic out of the window just to keep to their strange narative.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2022-02-01 15:21:07

@25: Yeah I really agree with this actually. It's so disrespectful and pisses me off when people compare free countries to actual dictatorships or call certain things censorship that are not censorship. What a shitty first world statement to make.

2022-02-01 15:47:07

I'd just like to point out that post 14 only says how current events evoke thoughts of Nazi Germany, there's no direct comparison. Also, Ethin, there was no actual information given in 14, so no misinformation in there. Finally, the Nazi Germany reference wasn't until line 5 on my screen, so if you didn't even read that far, I'm not sure how you can judge the post as a "misinformation campaign".

I'm the first to admit that the so-called antivaxxers are a bunch of nutters, but I'm also the first to point out that just because you take a "I don't fancy this vaccine and it's free choice, so thanks but no thanks" attitude, you're not necessarily anti anything, you're not spreading misinformation, and you're not a selfish bastard who would love to watch thousands keel over in the streets.

@Jade
In answer to your question about the government thing, I have no idea, because I very much doubt even if this is a worldwide conspiracy, there is absolutely no way all governments would agree to anything. That said, with regards to who would benefit most from this pandemic continuing? I'd have to guess the companies who are selling these vaccines in the first place, as they are the one group who are guaranteed business as far as I can tell.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2022-02-01 16:47:01

It's all because of the delivery people man! You don't understand. They are getting the most profit... All that takeout food... all those deliveries! They are behind it all!

2022-02-01 17:24:09 (edited by Chris 2022-02-01 17:30:20)

@28 Thank you, I'm glad there's at least one other person with common sense left.

I never said it was like Nazi Germany, mainly that it reminded me of it. We haven't gotten that bad and hopefully never will. My problem is being treated like I have a deadly world-ending plague just because I'm not vaccinated. Again, if you want to get the vaccine, that's a personal choice and I don't care. My problem is threatening loss of employment or degraded social status just because you chose to use your brain and not conform. I'd also really like to know where the logic of protecting the vaccinated by getting everyone else vaccinated comes from? That makes absolutely no sense.

As for whether they're really effective, I don't think so. People who are double or triple vacced are still getting sick. How many more shots do we need? Maybe 10, 20, 30, or one every month for the rest of your life? Come on, seriously? I'm healthy, and I'll take my chances being sick for a few days or weeks rather than taking something that's experimental, doesn't prevent transmission or infection, and has the chance to increase the risk of heart attacks. Even if I do somehow decide to take it at some stage, it will be of my own free will, not because someone peer pressured me or threatened my job. I decide what I do with my body, not Joe Biden, my employer, or my buddy Sam.
Of course people in government don't have to take the vaccine. It's classic liberal privilege. We don't have to follow the law, but everyone else does. If it weren't for constant reminders, I'd forget COVID existed. It's not the end of days as many would have you believe.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2022-02-01 17:38:49

In Hungary there are even universities which don't let you in unless you are vaccinated. I'm wondering what you think about this, Chris. We pretty much agree anyway.

2022-02-01 19:03:35 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2022-02-01 19:05:07)

i totally agree with what 14 said. i m tired of geting in to discussions with people who jump on the bandwagon without questioning what's going on world wide these days. if you feel happy getting jabbed thats fine for me. but, You have to see  society getting controlled and people are forced to take these experimental liquits  under their skin without consent.

2022-02-01 19:18:31 (edited by Boo15mario 2022-02-01 19:19:44)

I too am done with this shit and I will never be getting any more shots after the first two. even then it has actually messed with my system to where I will make swure people know that this thing will mess with people. if you want to get it fine by me go ahead and follow the shitty medical teams that work at the big hospitals. me and my familly have come to not trust the medical stuff as if of late for some stuff. most will not even have you in their best intrest as they are just using you for money.

2022-02-01 19:50:13 (edited by Chris 2022-02-01 20:07:19)

@34 That's the problem and ties back into what I was saying. Let's create two categories of people and shit all over those that don't get vaccinated. History has shown this is a great idea, so come on, let's do it again! Our retarded system didn't work before, but maybe if we try it one more time, it will somehow miraculously work! The fact doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals don't want to take this should be a pretty strong indicator. Then what really doesn't make sense is firing these people and then complaining they don't have enough staff? The human race is incredibly stupid! It doesn't matter, people refuse to listen to common sense. Listen to Fauci and Biden, they know what's best for everyone! Don't question dear leader! Hmmm, where have I heard this before? I'm done talking about this. Let's add COVID to the list of topics not to talk about in polite company. This now makes it consist of politics, religion, sex, race, and COVID. Common sense isn't as common as it used to or should be.

2022-02-01 20:12:44

@37 plus one from me

2022-02-01 21:40:21

Plus one from me as well.

2022-02-01 23:55:14

Okay, Chris, let's use some basic logic and an analogy.

Let's assume that we live in a world where you could give other people frostbite if you had it yourself, just by touching them. We don't, but work with me here. so in this fictional world, if you get really cold and develop frostbite, then touch someone else (or even get really close to them) there is a chance (but not a guarantee) that you can give them frostbite.
Now, let's say that we can significantly lower the chance of getting frostbitten in the first place by wearing a scarf. Again, just work with me here. So not only is your chance of getting frostbite lower by wearing the scarf, but your chance of giving someone else frostbite (on purpose or even by mistake, perhaps without even knowing) is also lower. Simply put, you are less likely to suffer from frostbite, and you're less likely to pass it to someone else.
Now imagine that frostbite is Covid-19 and the scarf is a vaccine. Same value. No, it is no guarantee, but if all ten people in a group are protected, that means all of them are less likely to get sick, have that sickness turn serious, or pass that sickness along. Is it perfectly, 100% effective? No, of course it's not. But it's in the order of 97%, closer to 85% with Omicron. Given the very, very low risk of the vaccine itself yielding dangerous complications, the math just doesn't lie.

Now, here's where I'm going to agree with you on one point. I do not like mandates at all. I don't like that people won't act in their own best interest by themselves. I don't like the idea that a government can (or even should) tell you what you have to put in your body. However, I would like to point out that you probably didn't have problems with health care workers or others working with vulnerable populations getting vaccinated against other things before now (yes, even flu shots are mandatory in some fields), and even if you did have problems with it, this is the first I've ever heard of your objections (as in, once Covid got rolling) and I'm kind of wondering why that is. Except I'm not, because you always, always, always tie it directly to politics, which says everything that needs saying. So to summarize: I hate that we need mandates or that they're being pushed. I like limitations and demands about my body as little as the next person. But we are actively trying to fight misinformation here. Literally people trying to convince you to take horse de-wormer, drink urine or inject bleach. Given the gullibility of the populace on certain things, given where a lot of this misinformation originated and is continuing to spread from? Yeah, unfortunately we have had to use more force to counter straight-up dangerous narratives.

I fully support your right to disagree, and I also support your right not to get vaccinated. But choosing not to get vaccinated, then howling that your freedoms are being taken away, is intellectually shortsighted and dishonest. There's really no other way to put it. Also also, invoking Nazi Germany, in any way and in any circumstance when it comes to Covid, is severely disrespectful. It's one thing to lament the state of affairs. That's fine. You do that to your heart's content, I guess. But there is absolutely no comparison between 2022 and Nazi Germany. None at all.

Another fun fact: leftists like me are fighting to remove patents from the vaccines we've got. Why? Precisely so that vaccine companies cannot actually make a profit from the suffering of other people. Even if you want to argue that this pandemic is being continued in perpetuity for big pharma, though, again, ask yourself this. Between progressives and conservatives, which one is more likely to try and cuddle up to big business of any kind? Here's a hint: it's not progressives.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2022-02-02 01:15:06

I'll just put it like this. You   have the freedom not to get vaccinated, but you don't have the freedom to spread covid to others.  Therefore remaining unvaccinated massively increases risk of covid, companies or any employer in fact don't have to employ you if you massively increase covid risk for them.  Nor  does any business have to provide services to you in person in a way that puts them at risk.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2022-02-02 01:56:39

That's true too. Let's remember that the government itself is never actually forcing you to get vaccinated. The closest they tried to come - and this was overturned - was to say that any company above a certain size had to either have all employees vaccinated, or all employees regularly tested. Given that large companies can be vectors for spreading the virus, this made sense, even if it was reaching quite a bit.

So far, by the way, I have not been able to get a single right-winger to explain to me how it's liberals or leftists that are perpetuating the pandemic via fear. When I try to argue the same way I did in my previous post, none of them, not a single one, has a credible counter-argument.

Oh, and as for Hungary and parliaments and whatnot? Again, remember that governments are not actually forcing you to be vaccinated just in general. That said, however, I wouldn't exactly look to Hungary's government as a sterling example of democracy and light, either. Victor Orban is two short steps from being a full-fledged dictator. Elections in Hungary have not been free and fair in a long time (they happen, but the result is never in doubt). For all you could ever want to know about Hungary's politics, look at Tucker Carlson, a man who is also suggesting that Russia is a more sympathetic government to support than America. Tucker Carlson seems to be itching to cast off all pretenses in order to become a shill for the authoritarian right, and he's praising Hungary.
No, this is not me taking a swipe at Hungarians in general. I'm criticizing their government, and suggesting that if there's a double standard present (rules for thee, not for me), it's probably by design, and is definitely pretty much par for the course when it comes to authoritarians.

Oh, and one more fun fact before I go:
Most Democrats in the House and Senate in America are vaccinated. Many republicans are not. Most Democrats will wear a mask in the house, just to keep one another safe, while republicans have been fined literally dozens of times for refusing to do so. Nothing says "freedom" like the statement of "I am free to infect whoever I want", I guess.

Just remember that personal freedom without limitation eventually ends up creating a paradox, because your personal freedoms will inevitably bump up against someone else's. For us leftists, we get this. As for conservatives? I'm...not sure which alternate reality they're living in, but hopefully I've outlined the double standard clearly enough by now. Again, I hate to make this political, but in this instance, it -is political, and I'm tired of bad-faith attacks and busted logic. The reason that certain points of view are "not welcome" here is because they can get people hurt or killed, and they aren't based in anything except partisanship.

2022-02-02 02:20:50

Oh no no, the government isn't forcing you to get vaccinated, they let companies do it instead so if the vaccine has negative side effects the government isn't responsible for anything, it didn't force you, after all. It's done in an absolutely great way, the government is really clever if you think about it for a second. But people aren't stupid either.

2022-02-02 02:58:57

Destranis, tell me something, if you would.

Let's say you went to the hospital because you needed your appendix out or something. You were going to have to be there for a week or so while you recovered. Now let's say in this hospital, workers weren't required to get vaccinated, even against more dangerous diseases. Many of them will anyway, of course, but it's no longer policy and no longer forced. Now, it just so happens that one of your doctors or nurses wasn't vaccinated, and was carrying a dangerous disease (doesn't even have to be Covid here). Maybe they knew they were sick but felt they had to come to work, because capitalism. Maybe they had no idea they were sick yet, and passed the illness to you by accident. Vaccination would have made the likelihood of their infecting you almost zero. Now let's say this illness resulted in serious long-term effects; you were unwell for months before you recovered completely. If not for that unvaccinated individual, you'd have been home a week after your admission with no long-term issues of any kind.
Do you feel that the hospital should be open to lawsuits because they didn't protect your safety? Do you think you should have the right to financial compensation because your illness might have been avoided with best health practices?
And further from that, if you feel the hospital or its staff were negligent, why is it okay to mandate vaccinations for health care workers, but it's somehow treasonous to ask anyone else to do it?

And others besides Destranis who buy into the "vaccines shouldn't be mandated" camp can feel free to answer this as well. I think you're going to find there's a double standard present.

Also, just as a heads up: individual companies or even specific sectors (public or private) have had rules for decades about what you must and must not do if you want to work for them. Those of you who are trying to make the government look clever or devious have to realize that this practice isn't new, and isn't even specific to governments. The government essentially tried to put a safety net over and above what was already in place, and this was done because we are in a literal global pandemic here; if there were precedent to do this at any point, I daresay it would be in these turbulent, troubled times.

2022-02-02 04:28:07

@43, you are a conspiracy theorist. Get out of here. Corporations can choose who they want and do not want to hire. If you have a dangerous disease, they can say no, we won't hire you. That's been possible for decades if not centuries. It has absolutely nothing to do with the government. A corporation can choose to require all their employees, interns, etc., to be vaccinated. Good luck trying to pass a law that says they can't do that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2022-02-02 04:36:36

It goes both ways. If a company chooses to impose ridiculous mandates for a disease that isn't world-ending, I choose not to support that company. I don't know about you, but I love being a conspiracy theorist! Funny how these conspiracy theories turn out to be true after a while. Remember how the lab conspiracy theory was heavily suppressed and now you can talk about it on the almighty Zuckerberg network? You heard him Destranis, let's go! The corruption will come out eventually.

2022-02-02 05:26:40 (edited by Ethin 2022-02-02 05:32:49)

@46, I don't even know what to say to the 99 percent of that post that demonstrated your extreme lack of common sense. As for the remainder, yes, you can choose to not support that company, but if all the companies require a vaccination, well, your SOL, aren't you? And believe me, they can do that, and the government can't and won't do anything about it. As for those conspiracy theories supposedly being true after a while because FB lets you talk about them, that doesn't even make any sense. Just because a platform lets you post something or talk about it doesn't make it true. But its nobody's problem but yours if you fail to realize that. But then again, if you want to make that ridiculous conclusion even though its utterly nonsensical, its no skin off my back.

My Github

2022-02-02 05:45:05

I should add here that the main reason you're objecting to Facebook is because it actually had the balls to push back against Covid misinformation and the big lie, and both it and Twitter pretty much barred tfg from having a viable social media presence. You had no problem with it when tfg and Russia used it to help send targeted ads to black and brown voters trying to convince them not to vote, back in 2016 (yes, there are records of this).

You don't have a leg to stand on here. Notice there's only really one person in the room who's snapping at everything common-sense here?

2022-02-02 05:52:46

@46: I don't think any company cares whether you individually support it or not. So yeah go ahead I guess.

2022-02-02 06:46:30

As a leftist, don't we already have the popular saying of that your freedom ends when it's involved in other people's harm, or something along these lines? Then your refusal to follow preventive regulations set by the governments against this harmful virus contributes to its spread and thus harming more people. That's if you're already convinced of the vaccine's functionality and are not one of those anti-vaxxers or conspiracy theory advocates. I don't know if you've seen the recent video about that woman refusing to wear a mask in an aircraft. I think that was in the US or something. My skepticism about the vaccine in post 1 didn't mean that I don't accept to receive it or that I don't deem its necessity, but rather about its capability under the current circumstances.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P