2022-02-03 23:14:34

Hello everyone.
Currently, I'm working on drafting up a campaign setting for D&D, and while a word document is nice, I'd like something in which I can more accurately keep my information on the world. Political systems, kingdom lines, continents, seas and oceans, islands if necessary, the pantheon, etc. I've looked at World Anvil, and it looks alright but a little bit daunting. Does anyone have tools they use? And if one of them is World Anvil... do you have a less overwhelming way of looking at it?
Thanks in advance!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2022-02-04 01:23:27

Have you tried OneNote? That's the best thing I've found so far. It's just a pain trying to convert everything I already have into OneNote.

thanks,
Michael

2022-02-04 09:00:50

This is more of a guide to creating a campaign and a world, but it uses World Anvil a lot, so it might be useful.
I myself use word, but I also feel that I should use something else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2EQ7I … tUa1Bj6iQu

2022-02-04 17:39:25

Is this your first homebrew world? If so, start small. Build a town and surrounding area, and the rest will follow. That's how mine got started, and now I have the northwestern side of a continent, a whole second continent and a group of islands between the two. One of my current campaigns is set on designing my own pantheon, and fills out some of the history of the world.
All I started with was a small mining town and a one-shot campaign to just try it out. It just snowballed from there without much work from me. That's probably why my world is so disorganized. Still, OneNote seems the easiest. I have not tried world anvil. I have tried campfire, but it's not entirely successful.

thanks,
Michael