2022-02-04 09:48:54

I am looking into getting double dragon games for xbox. However I don't won't to spend the money if double dragon is not playable by the blind.
Is double dragon playable by the blind?

2022-02-04 10:16:16

Hi! I played DD in Mame and I finished it but here is no way to know where you are, at least in the games I've played. I've finished the game but with many coins put into the virtual arcade!

Claudio

2022-02-04 13:49:06

no.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2022-02-04 14:01:06

If you have a sighted person to play with you as the second player, it's definitely doable. In particular, I've played Double dragon neon like that with a sighted friend. But by yourself ... I don't know. The older versions of the games are mostly just side scrolling, but I think there are traps sometimes and I would think it's very easy to get stuck in places.

2022-02-04 15:16:40

Yes and no.

I haven't played any of the newer ones that came out recently so can't judge those. You can probably solo the arcade games blind, but the nes games have a lot of platforming in the later stages. In double dragon 2 for nes, I was able to make it to stage 5, the forest of death, sometimes, thats if I got lucky, because I memorized the ladders and platforms. Little patience for that these days.

Don't know if there 8s platforming for double dragon 3 for nes because that damned game is hard as hades and you only get 1 life. I have beaten super double dragon on snes with my brother, and solo on evercade. That game has only 1 jumping section over a huge gap on a bridge in level 6, and there is a lot of wandering around in stage 2 to find stairs az there is vertical movement in that game, but you can definitely solo that game maybe even on hard.. just play the japanese version as it is more refined and has more content. You can probably solo the double dragon fighting games for snes, neo geo and Playstation. The Playstation version is a port of the neo geo game, and those are pretty competent fighting games. You can skip the snes fighting game, which is double dragon 5. Its not a good game and feels clunky.

Beyond that, there are a lot of double dragon fan games on the open bor engine. In particular, legend of the double dragon is pretty cool and playable.

2022-02-04 19:17:57

I used to love playing the games in this series. I remember playing them on the Nintendo Entertainment System some time ago, and the funny thing was that I did better in Double Dragon II than I was able to in the first game. I just kept playing around with it until I memorized the various parts of each level, and was then able to get pretty far in those games. Now, the platforming aspects of those games, especially Double Dragon II, can be kind of tricky. It's not impossible to get past part of those games without sight, but it will take some practice. There's a part in Double Dragon II that I simply cano get past without some help. It's because of that part of the game that I was never able to get beyond mission six.

2022-02-05 10:10:08

I'm familiar with the old sega master system version, and that one lets you continue as many times as you need to, until you reach the black warriors headquarters at level 4.

On that level, you lose your continues, unless you do a cheat at the start of the level, which is basically doing 20 roundhouse kicks on the spot.

There's so many versions out there, I'm not even sure which one is the original anymore.

2022-02-05 10:53:35

Neon seems to be playable so far.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-03-25 23:29:04

Mata, Have you complete double dragons neon?

2022-03-26 00:08:29 (edited by hanif 2022-03-26 03:17:36)

Back then I tried double dragon neon, but ended up dying after defeating a couple enemies in the very beginning. The game is sadly in mono, and you don’t have any continues or checkpoints that will spawn you back to the last area where you died. I maybe try to give neon another shot, and see how far I can get in the game.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2022-03-26 00:15:29

can we, like, make one topic for these, rather than spamming this room? It's getting kind of annoying and I don't see why you couldn't just make a single topic and put all the new games you are wondering about there. Don't mean to be rude/harsh.

2022-03-26 14:50:41

I'm not sure how playable it really is mechanically. I just got to mess around with the game a little and it seemed to be doable, at least for a couple battles so far. I think it may be playable with patience, but whether you have continues at all is beyond my knowledge.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-03-26 16:44:35

@11.  I agree with you.  it's annoying.  just need some more crazy to come and ask if it's possible to play the first Zelda of nes, even knowing the answer.  it's better to get cadilak and dinosawrs than double dragon to play.  I managed to get to stage 7, of course it was on the emulator, long live emulators!  but I spent more than 30 credits.  if any arcade game collection has savestats, it's worth it.  if not, well we have fbneo here for that.  rooofl.  by the way, i need to update my fullset.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...