2022-02-05 04:54:16

I have found out some good news for WWE fans. WWE 2K22 will be release March 11 and March 8 for those who pre order.
The reason that the release of the wrestling game is good news is because 2K has finally listen to all of the fans. WWE 2K22 can be play like the old school THQ WWE games that blind people could played.
I will be picking this game up. I will report back about this after I get it and play it. Unless someone else gets to it before me.

2022-02-05 07:38:21

Ooh, that is good news indeed. I loved those old thq games.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2022-02-05 12:38:01

It will be a great game
I wish my computer could turn it on

2022-02-05 14:23:18

I was a monster when it came to falls count anywhere. But it was a bitch to track the ring down if I ended up tumbling out of it, I didn't knew how to climb the cage or ladders, or how to slam someone through a table.

My memories of the smackdown vs. raw games is mixed as a result.

2022-02-05 16:06:46

What makes this game playable over others? What features stand out?

2022-02-05 16:38:22

I'm a huge wrestling fan so i'm following this topic with huge interest. I never played any action based wrestling games. Can anyone enlighten me why are they playable for the blind, and what made this particular title more playable than the others?

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2022-02-05 17:11:24

Hello,
I've played the old PS2 games, Smackdown VS raw 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2011 being the last one.
There isn't really a special  description I can give. They used to have lots of audio cues that you just memorise and get used to after a while, as well as commentary giving you a general idea.
All of them however had inaccessible parts. Some were possible to get around. I'll talk about 2010 since it was one of my favorites. Ladders match is for example something that I was never able to complete, because it requires precise positioning of a ladder so you can climb and retrieve a briefcase.
Tables match is inaccessible too, but I used to know a workaround that would allow me to complete it. Sadly it has been almost 7 years since I played on a real PS2, and when I picked it up on an emulator a few years ago  I could not remember this workaround. I am pretty sure it involved beating up your opponent, throwing him out of the ring which would cause the AI to retreive a table from under the ring and bring it inside, and that avoids the difficulty of that part. I don't however remember the controls for putting him through a table or what you have to do afterwards.
Almost every story in 2010 or road to wrestle mania as they were called had an inaccessible part for which you'd need sighted help, but generally it was playable. There are some  that are even  fully accessible. You should be able to beat Shawn Michael's story, and if somehow someone has a workaround for the tables match, Edge's, Cena and Triple H's can be completed too. Mickie James' story also has no inaccessible  matches.
Randy's story is pretty playable too, borrowing one part later on where you have to steal a title. It's a cutscene and is pretty short, if you have someone who knows how to play and can beat that stage, the rest is absolutely doable. There is a story with your own created character, if you can  get some help creating a character, that one is doable too, borrowing the Inferno match against Kane later on that I also never figured out how to beat. It doesn't seem too complicated though so in that case it's just possible I missed something, at that point I've already done most of the things in the game so didn't really give it that much dedication.

As for newer games, I haven't tried any. Most of the feedback I've heard was either they involve quick time events which are inaccessible, but also I am not interested in playing a WWE game just to play a few singles matches. I'd ideally like to enjoy the story, or career as they are called nowadays, and at least do something meaningful. There were rumours that 2K22 will include a GM mode, I have no idea if that ends up being the case but I wish they had narration. That mode should be fairly easy to make accessible and I'd certainly  love to play it.

2022-02-05 17:28:24

Also curious on what makes this accessible? I miss the old wwe games, so what's changed to make this game more in line with the classics?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2022-02-05 17:28:58

Honestly after the disasters that were WWE 2k20 and battle grounds I don't have much hope for the series. Maybe they got it back together after Yukes bailed out, guess it remains to be seen.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2022-02-05 18:11:02

The big change is the pin system is back to button mashing instead of pressing when the meter turns red! so just spam your button of choice after brock lezner does his 20 suplexes on you and you could be able to kick out. big_smile

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D