2022-02-05 15:28:56

Yeah, the title says it all.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2022-02-05 15:38:42

no way.
my friend has 1 and she needed a mouse, and a monitor to use it.

meow meow.

2022-02-05 15:48:29

If she needed a mouse it means she's sighted, right?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2022-02-05 15:52:09

Yeah, surely that would come over personal access preferences. If your preferences dictate that a monitor is not required to use the computer, then the only question is whether the OS will run exactly the same. From experience, I seem to remember you can.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2022-02-05 15:56:59

@4 Yeah, that's what I need. I mean, I am blind. If I'll really, really need sighted assistance I can plug in my PC monitor to it, and break the Windows resolution thanks to that. I ask whether I can, not whether I should lol

2022-02-05 15:57:17

Yeah you can. macOS installer though when your updating can be weird if you don’t have a mouse connected but you do not need a monitor

2022-02-05 15:57:21

Yes, a mac mini can run without a monitor*

*: the lack of a monitor will cause some odd glitches though. On the latest m1 mac minis, setup will seemingly hang before setup starts, and you will see an icon on the screen showing the icon of an Apple Trackpad, so it seemingly wants you to connect up both a screen and a mouse before setup can proceed. If I remember correctly, if one hits the spacebar at this point that icon is dismissed and you're dropped into the setup wizard.
Mac Minis do have a bit of a history of running significantly slower without a monitor due to the fact the GPU isn't started up if there's no  monitor is connected, but this is easily worked around using a $10 HDMI dongle off amazon or similar, and I don't actually know if this is  still true for the m1-bsed mac mini.

2022-02-05 16:38:31

nope, she is blind.

meow meow.

2022-02-05 18:20:04

There are VO edge cases.  You want a monitor or a headless HDMI dongle.   Headless HDMI dongles are super super cheap.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2022-02-05 19:27:08

Well, I searched that for my Windows PC but either I am stupid or I don't know the name of these in my language, or they don't sell them here!

2022-02-05 20:01:50

https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display … amp;sr=8-3

Would be surprised if you can't get one.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2022-02-05 20:24:06

@nuno I got mine off Amazon Germany, if they deliver to Poland that might be something to look into.